Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
pawd
Starter Motor

Default MC Mondeo Stereo

I've got the Sony 6000 CD stereo and it has on the front 2 folder options. One with an 'up' arrow and the other with a 'down' arrow. Anybody have any idea what they are for? I'm hoping they are for music storage. The manual does not mention them at all, and I can't find anything on the internet.
pawd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: MC Mondeo Stereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawd View Post
I've got the Sony 6000 CD stereo and it has on the front 2 folder options. One with an 'up' arrow and the other with a 'down' arrow. Anybody have any idea what they are for? I'm hoping they are for music storage. The manual does not mention them at all, and I can't find anything on the internet.
Have you asked your dealer?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
pawd
Starter Motor

Was going to do that next service in a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd try the forum first.
pawd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #4
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawd View Post
Was going to do that next service in a couple of weeks. Just thought I'd try the forum first.
Give the salesman a call first thing tomorrow if you don't get an answer tonight mate. Good luck I hope you find the answer really soon.

My last sales experience ended in a 90 min handover going through everything including SYNC3.

The sales man was brilliant - although my attention span was buggered after 45 mins !
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-02-2017, 01:30 AM   #5
Omega-T
Starter Motor

The folder up/down buttons on the Ford 6000CD are for navigating folders in MP3 CDs (which, like a lot of car stereos from the time, the CD6000 supports). I'm not sure if they do anything else.

MP3 CDs let you treat the CD as a data storage medium with MP3 files on it, giving you 700Mb of MP3 files instead of 80 minutes of "music". Depending on the music quality, you can get 6 or more hours of decent quality MP3 music on a single CD this way. With 100 or so songs, you may wish to organise them in folders - and these buttons let you select a different folder to play from. It's almost old-hat now (and I've since moved on to another approach for my 6000CD), but it's a lot more convenient than a standard CD player.
Omega-T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: