Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 13-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #31
dieseltrain79
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Drag Racing, Comparing different tracks around Australia

Maybe Heathcote has incorrect settings on their mph terminals , or setup incorrectly ?

1991 Toyota Soarer TT - 11.72 @ 116.7mph

2004 Ford Escape XLT V6 - Family Ride .
dieseltrain79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #32
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

Heathcote used to host Andra racing so the track would have had to been set up 100% correctly, no idea about what upkeep has gone on for a long time though know to how accurate things are.

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratter View Post
Heathcote used to host Andra racing so the track would have had to been set up 100% correctly, no idea about what upkeep has gone on for a long time though know to how accurate things are.
Last ANDRA Meet, January 19 this year Doorslammers.
http://www.andra.com.au/component/co...heathcote.html

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 13-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
prasac
Banned

Heathcote may take MPH reading further after you have crossed the line, so MPH reading will be higher or their timing equipment is not as accurate, who knows.
prasac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #35
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Downhill lol.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #36
naughts
Hmmmmm Mulberry....

I have run at Heathcote and Calder... for me, Best et at Calder was a 10.91. Best at Heathcote is a 11.03. Calder was on 235 M/t Radials, street E/t's. at Heathcote I run a 8 inch slick because with the 235 E/t radial I don't always hook up 100%.
For me, calder1 tenth quicker.... And, same MPH at both..
naughts is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 10:33 AM   #37
greencapri408
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Simon is a worthy recipient, his willingness to share  knowledge here for Forum Members and his wealth of knowledge. He has made himself available not only through the Forums but allowing members to contact him by mobile as required 

I used to et 9.03 to 9.1 at calder
9.1 to 9.2 heathcote
Mph was 153 both tracks
Old 14-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #38
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 

I am thinking the extra MPH at heatcote might be created from the lack of track prep and the extra wheel speed created via the lack of grip............

The door slammers obvious have the track prepped to their standards as they always put on a good slamfest at heatcote.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #39
Giant
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Organising Nulon to sponsor AFF. 
Default Re: How many broken input shafts have occurred from zf tuning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoolMan View Post
No idea who claims what, I have good friends who travel the ANDRA scene across Australia and Sydney is the place they love to race, theirs and the ANDRA records is the only info I can share.
From a street car perspective we like HPR because not having a cage isn't an issue.
Yeah its a great opportunity for folks with fast street cars to run a quick time.

I would hate to see the day when one of these 9 second cars no cage hits the wall.
Giant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post