Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Falcon GT Club of Geelong

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XA GTs-is this correct?

I am currently reading the latest Australian Muscle Car magazine and they have printed a letter from some bloke which contains a heap of XA GT "facts".This letter is in response to a recent article they did on the XA GT and seeks to provide additional information.
Among these "facts",the writer claims that some XA GTs had single rail gearboxes (if they were fitted with "Australian" engines) and that those particular GTs also had round exhaust tips,not rectangular.
In all my years,I have never heard of either of these claims or seen an XA GT with the features as described and I'm wondering if there is any truth to the claims.I realise that it's only a letter and not an article but you would think that AMC might check the facts before publishing it.
Is he correct?