Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-01-2017, 01:37 AM   #31
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Sacked over "road rage"

Was that Todd Kelly?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2017, 09:56 AM   #32
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
*language warning*

DO NOT CLICK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX16WQjIWxY
G'day ..
This bloke is on something..That'd be terrifying..
Very very poor behavior and I'd be getting the rego and handing it to the cops..
Imagine if there were kids in the car seeing and hearing stuff like that.. Cheers Rod...
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 10:46 AM   #33
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

since moving to the gold coast l'm surprised there isn't more of this happening there's a couple companies down here that love doing all sorts of things just before the exit. or some of the **** that happens on christine ave l get angry just at all the round abouts!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #34
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
*language warning*

DO NOT CLICK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX16WQjIWxY
Mentally deranged! What possesses a bloke to flip out like that because someone changes lanes infront of them?
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 PM   #35
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Shadow View Post
There are plenty in private police cars you know
Fixed...
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 05:37 PM   #36
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
There are plenty in private cars you know
Yeah but in private a car you are anonymous, you are not representing anything.
I have beeped at 3 people in 8 years in my work car.
Probably 8 times a month in my own car.

When you are representing the company you work for (or own company) you really need to act more professional.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 05:49 PM   #37
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

When you are representing the company you work for (or own company) you really need to act more professional.
I never had that problem in my old van.... the horn never worked, since it was new. I don't have a problem giving a quick toot in the ute as a reminder that there's a car in the space that they're blindly moving into, buts it's never a complete serving or anything obnoxious. I try to keep up the company image. Being a service guy who travels site to site, unfortunately a good part of my job selling the company to clients. Not so much through any sales pitch, but more through doing a good job in a timely manner and not simply being a rude bludger. It's all about the image, regardless of how much management over inflate prices, if they thing your a good bloke, they will pay
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #38
Blue Shadow
R.I.P. Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post

You don't think you need to be professional in any car all the tome
Blue Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 08:03 PM   #39
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You don't think you need to be professional in any car all the tome
Well yes, but I don't have a problem with beeping some brain dead or arrogant idiot doing something stupid in my own car, but in a work vehicle it's best to just ignore it as best you can unless it's about cause you immediate harm.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:35 PM   #40
Itsme
Experienced Member

Not worth the risk or hassle these days giving the bird or uttering profanities, too many nut cases to deal with, you just might regret your actions when being assaulted.
Have patience & keep calm is my policy these days, don't need the dramas as I'm getting to old for it.

Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 10:39 PM   #41
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

What annoys me is that on one hand, justice is seen as giving this guy the sack, and on the other hand, the guy that ran over and killed a 73 year old, and then tried to dispose of the van he did it with, gets off on bail.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #42
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I stopped at a pedestrian crossing this morning to let an older gent cross with his Sunday paper. He was waiting at the opposite kerb when the guy in front of me sailed on through and shook his head at him (as I was mentally doing myself). I was already slowing to a calm stop, so he stepped out & then waved at me. He mouthed "thanks" so I politely waved back.

Then I saw a Magna (the last one with the horrible front) coming from the other direction - going way too quick. Old guy was still looking my way, not at the oncoming car, so I madly pointed up the road & honked the horn to try & get both of their attentions. Did it work? Not how I'd hoped. Old guy had to just about break his back lunging forwards out of the way, the Magna missing him by inches.

Old guy waved at me & indicated he was OK, so I waited for him to shuffle off the crossing. That's when I noticed the *** in the maggot was ripping a U-turn down the road behind me, and he came roaring up behind flashing his headlights & honking at me. I drove off casually through the crossing, hoping he was having a go at the old guy, and not me, but the clown was still honking & now waving his fist out the window at me and yelling words along the lines of F-wit in a Ford in his best bogan tone.

Then the unexpected - the old bloke swung back around with his walking stick & smacked the passenger side of the Magna's windscreen as he came through the crossing after me.

I thought he was going to stop & belt the crap out of the old guy, but then the old "I'm only a big man when I have 1.5 tonnes of metal around me" mentality set in, and the idiot followed me for a bit, still carrying on. Thankfully it's all fairly narrow streets, so there wasn't much of an opportunity for him to pull a silly move, so I drove a bit of a contorted route through the suburb to avoid having to stop at any traffic lights or right turns. He still followed, so it clearly wasn't by chance he happened to be going my way. To get rid of him I cruised past the local cop shop, and put my blinker on as if I was about to turn in there. Within seconds he was gone.

Moral of the incident: any idiot could be on drugs & take offence to being alerted to their poor driving behavior. All I did was honk to warn of danger to the old guy, on a clearly marked crossing, and it could have escalated into a chase & road rage scenario. Oh, and beware the old bloke with a walking stick!
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 09-01-2017, 03:26 AM   #43
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
The slow transformation of Australians to becoming robots continues.

Two people had a disagreement, said and did stupid things. We have evolved over millions of years to have emotions - and people expect these to disappear as soon as you put on a polo shirt with a logo?

His buttons were pushed, he reacted, no reason to lose his livelihood. But in the end involving his car was dangerous so the company probably had to do what it did.
When you are in your own vehicle, you have all the liability. When you drive a company vehicle, the company shares a significant portion of the liability plus their reputation is on the line. We may have compassion for the driver in this scenario, but I don't think the company had any choice. By keeping him employed, it shows the public this company tolerates this behavior. It puts the company at higher risk of it being repeated or something worse happening. It puts them at risk of being sued. We need to be mindful of these potential consequences before reacting with our emotions.
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #44
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post

Moral of the incident: any idiot could be on drugs & take offence to being alerted to their poor driving behavior. All I did was honk to warn of danger to the old guy, on a clearly marked crossing, and it could have escalated into a chase & road rage scenario. Oh, and beware the old bloke with a walking stick!
This, i used to get worked up all the time and will admit to regularly not putting up with people road raging me or dealing with someone after they did a stupid maneuver.

Over the last 6 months i have made a conscious effort not to get worked up and just "let it go". I find driving even more enjoyable now and i dont have to stress about ice addicts trying to belt me in Fyshwick all the time just for tooting their retarded driving.

I've only lapsed twice in 6 months, both were warranted
fordomatic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2017, 04:00 PM   #45
NX74205
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
His buttons were pushed, he reacted, no reason to lose his livelihood. But in the end involving his car was dangerous so the company probably had to do what it did.
Yeah, it is, and what the company did is entirely justified.

I'm no angel on the road, but most aren't stupid enough to rage in a marked company car ... unless they also happen to own the company, in which case they might not give a damn.
2005 Ford BF Fairmont (2006-2019)
1989 Ford EA Falcon GL (2000-2007)
1982 Ford KA Laser Ghia (1999-2000)
NX74205 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 12:28 AM   #46
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I worked for Telstra in the 90's and one of my work mates got sacked back then for road rage, he was driving a Telstra truck across the Blue Mountains from Sydney with an equipment hut on the back.

A woman cut in front of him at the lights near Black Heath and forced him to lock up his brakes hard in order to avoid a collision, he got hot headed, jumped out of his truck and gave her a mouth full, no violence or threats of violence.

She reported the matter and he ended up losing his job over it, we all went in to bat for him, he was a great worker, and general good bloke and I (as well as pretty much all other work mates) thought was well within his rights to give her a mouth full.

Upper Management deemed he went over the top getting out of the truck, and refused to budge.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 01:47 AM   #47
xr8cam

Just treat other people or drivers the way you would like to be treated your self. No, it doesn't always work but it is what most want & aim for. Slow down a little, let another driver in front of you, relax and have a laugh at the many acts of arrogance & down right stupidity that you notice when you sit back and take it in. It is the best way I have found to avoid losing my licence and or liberty and for you younger readers, I ain't talkin 'bout a Subaru.lol
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 02:10 AM   #48
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

I have a lot more fun just watching other people lose their cool than I have ever had losing my own temper.

I don't even pay any attention to road rage, I just think it is really petty and indicates that we have no "real problems" any more. These days it seems as if there is no matter small enough to cause outrageous arguments in public. I guess humans will always seek conflict with one another, no matter what.

When I first started driving I would get angry about the mistakes other drivers made but I honestly don't care at all any more. As long as they don't actually crash into me or cause me any harm, they can say/do what they like. I will still be there chuckling about it to myself while they lose their cool and make a fool of themselves in the process.

I have never seen anyone profit from making a scene.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 02:13 AM   #49
xr8cam

Wise words indeed.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 06:28 AM   #50
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Was wanting to keep quiet on this, but enough is enough. has the forum been over-run with geriatric god-botherers?
Not an insult, no offence intended, but has it??

When you are attempting to overtake another motorist, legally, on a single-laned divided road (usually due to that driver sitting consistently 20kmh under the posted limit) it must be done safely, as you are in the oncoming lane and approaching oncoming vehicles at (potentially) 200-22okmh. Agreed?

When the driver deliberately speeds up to prevent this happening, and you have to speed up even more - THAT, in my book, is attempted manslaughter and THAT driver needs to learn that:
1) The road is no place to play games
2) Driving is a real phenomena, not a video game
3) Real people are endangered by his/her actions
4) Actions have consequences.

Now that I am older and mature, I simply tuck back in behind them, DON'T sound the horn, DON'T flash my lights, DON'T tailgate - just give them a safe 2-3 second gap and simply follow them.....
Not illegal - there has been no incident or road-rage, just follow them - they know what they did, just watch them sweat as their turn off becomes your turn off, then they panic, watch the head/neck/body language, watch them squirm and pray.......
Sooner or later, you head home and they wonder......they listen for things in the night, watch for strange cars when they mow.
I know i'm psycho, but when someone tries to kill myself or family - think about your family waiting for Dad who's been killed in a mysterious head-on, because 'he didn't overtake with safety' - the c@nt that started it is getting off particularly lightly.
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:28 AM   #51
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
I stopped at a pedestrian crossing this morning to let an older gent cross with his Sunday paper. He was waiting at the opposite kerb when the guy in front of me sailed on through and shook his head at him (as I was mentally doing myself). I was already slowing to a calm stop, so he stepped out & then waved at me. He mouthed "thanks" so I politely waved back.

Then I saw a Magna (the last one with the horrible front) coming from the other direction - going way too quick. Old guy was still looking my way, not at the oncoming car, so I madly pointed up the road & honked the horn to try & get both of their attentions. Did it work? Not how I'd hoped. Old guy had to just about break his back lunging forwards out of the way, the Magna missing him by inches.

Old guy waved at me & indicated he was OK, so I waited for him to shuffle off the crossing. That's when I noticed the *** in the maggot was ripping a U-turn down the road behind me, and he came roaring up behind flashing his headlights & honking at me. I drove off casually through the crossing, hoping he was having a go at the old guy, and not me, but the clown was still honking & now waving his fist out the window at me and yelling words along the lines of F-wit in a Ford in his best bogan tone.

Then the unexpected - the old bloke swung back around with his walking stick & smacked the passenger side of the Magna's windscreen as he came through the crossing after me.

I thought he was going to stop & belt the crap out of the old guy, but then the old "I'm only a big man when I have 1.5 tonnes of metal around me" mentality set in, and the idiot followed me for a bit, still carrying on. Thankfully it's all fairly narrow streets, so there wasn't much of an opportunity for him to pull a silly move, so I drove a bit of a contorted route through the suburb to avoid having to stop at any traffic lights or right turns. He still followed, so it clearly wasn't by chance he happened to be going my way. To get rid of him I cruised past the local cop shop, and put my blinker on as if I was about to turn in there. Within seconds he was gone.

So he was in too much of hurry to stop for a pedestrian on a crossing but had plenty of time to follow you around hurling abuse??
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 11:17 AM   #52
commodorenutt
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That's why I reckon he was on drugs. What sane/sober/licit person would follow someone through intricate suburban streets for over 5km (when the quicker way is about 3km) and carry on like that, at an innocent person who was only trying to warn someone of danger.

I don't think he was in such a hurry to get somewhere, I think he wasn't paying attention, and the self-righteous attitude that all road-ragers seem to have kicked in, and that his lack of ability was somehow my fault.

You see it all the time with idiots who cut someone off, turn across someone's nose from the right lane (on a dual-lane road) at the last minute to hook a left, or get stuck behind a parked car after flying up the left - it's never their fault, and they'll abuse the first car they see beside them.

One of the craziest ones I've had was the simple act of following someone patiently up a suburban street while they constantly slowed & looked at house numbers, then sped up & slowed again, over & over. It was like they were checking every 5th house since # 2 when they really wanted 84, but hey, 84 might only be just 5 houses up, so we'll slow down here & check..... Eventually they found where they wanted & pulled over, only to have the inner bogan driver, complete with missing teeth, scream out "get the f*(^& off my (*^*** ya (&*^" It stunned me, as I'd followed this fool at 30km/h for a decent length of street, and only got near her when she braked to check house numbers. Never once honked or acted impatient, yet still had abuse hurled at me. You just can't understand the mentality of these rock apes..... and they breed too....
commodorenutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 03:57 PM   #53
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
I worked for Telstra in the 90's and one of my work mates got sacked back then for road rage, he was driving a Telstra truck across the Blue Mountains from Sydney with an equipment hut on the back.

A woman cut in front of him at the lights near Black Heath and forced him to lock up his brakes hard in order to avoid a collision, he got hot headed, jumped out of his truck and gave her a mouth full, no violence or threats of violence.

She reported the matter and he ended up losing his job over it, we all went in to bat for him, he was a great worker, and general good bloke and I (as well as pretty much all other work mates) thought was well within his rights to give her a mouth full.

Upper Management deemed he went over the top getting out of the truck, and refused to budge.
See that is the problem, you thought it was ok for workmate to do this, how would you feel if some one gets out of vehicle & approaches your wife/partner and gives a mouth full, to most women this can be very confronting intimidating experience, I fully endorse Telstra management decision, enough said.
7 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 04:17 PM   #54
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Every job i've been in where you wear a uniform, you're told that if you are in your uniform outside of the workplace you still represent the workplace and must act accordingly.

Was it appropriate for me to get angry and fly off the handle to a customer?
No. Didn't matter how stupid. And believe me, there were a lot of stupid customers.

Because when I was at work I was representing the organisation. It wasn't just me who looked bad, it was the organisation.
And if I got angry and abused someone in the street, same thing.

So road raging in a work vehicle is exactly the same.

Other than a politician, I don't know of ANY job where that kind of behaviour is acceptable.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 11:57 PM   #55
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
See that is the problem, you thought it was ok for workmate to do this, how would you feel if some one gets out of vehicle & approaches your wife/partner and gives a mouth full, to most women this can be very confronting intimidating experience, I fully endorse Telstra management decision, enough said.
Not sure if you have ever driven heavy vehicles loaded with a building on the back and had a driver in a car zip in front of you only to hit the brakes as you are approaching a light causing you to lock up the brakes on a fully loaded 15-20 tonne vehicle, nearly causing you to kill yourself or someone else.

I think a mouthful is well deserved and probably the easy way out considering the alternative is 20 tonnes of truck pushing her through an intersection possibly in front of another vehicle or driving over the top of her.

May be if drivers were not inconsiderate A holes road range would be a lot less.

My partner/wife would not be stupid enough to cut in front of a heavy vehicle, she knows better and is more consideration for other road users.

The problem I see it that you and the people liking your post think it is OK for the other driver to risk her own life, the life of her passengers and the life of other road users just because she wanted to be the first cab of the rank at the light change

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 11-01-2017 at 12:08 AM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-01-2017, 12:16 AM   #56
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

yes, but XB had your mate pushed her into the intersection, drove over her due to her cutting in front, etc, would he still be sacked?
maybe the issue here is the choices we make. I'm with you on the choice he made, but perhaps the tone of this thread is that he would have been better served simply killing her, and keeping his job
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2017, 12:24 AM   #57
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
yes, but XB had your mate pushed her into the intersection, drove over her due to her cutting in front, etc, would he still be sacked?
maybe the issue here is the choices we make. I'm with you on the choice he made, but perhaps the tone of this thread is that he would have been better served simply killing her, and keeping his job
offending someone is a bigger crime than physically harming them nowadays....
Old 11-01-2017, 12:53 AM   #58
Junkyard-Dog
*barks incessantly

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
offending someone is a bigger crime than physically harming them nowadays....
I'm offended by this.
Junkyard-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2017, 12:57 AM   #59
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard-Dog View Post
I'm offended by this.
I'm offended that you were the only one!
Old 11-01-2017, 01:53 AM   #60
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
Not sure if you have ever driven heavy vehicles loaded with a building on the back and had a driver in a car zip in front of you only to hit the brakes as you are approaching a light causing you to lock up the brakes on a fully loaded 15-20 tonne vehicle, nearly causing you to kill yourself or someone else.

I think a mouthful is well deserved and probably the easy way out considering the alternative is 20 tonnes of truck pushing her through an intersection possibly in front of another vehicle or driving over the top of her.

May be if drivers were not inconsiderate A holes road range would be a lot less.

My partner/wife would not be stupid enough to cut in front of a heavy vehicle, she knows better and is more consideration for other road users.

The problem I see it that you and the people liking your post think it is OK for the other driver to risk her own life, the life of her passengers and the life of other road users just because she wanted to be the first cab of the rank at the light change
I know all about heavy vehicles & can understand your mates situation but being abusive is not the solution, there are other means & ways to educate people.
Don't see any where I stated in previous post it is ok for other people to risk other road users life, think you should understand what I was commenting about.

My previous comment still stands.