Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #1
razorbackfree
Banned

Angry Forum Restrictions are Bull$hit!

I've been a member for maybe a few months. And the restrictions on posting and reading posts are ****!

So I'm new, don't know anyone, and haven't needed to post to any other members. Because of that I am restricted in doing just about everything.

I went to contribute a how to: Took me at least an hour to do, but when I try to post it I get this crap: you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. I also had a post about some parts I am looking for. Again I cant access anything because I have no privileges or not enough posts or whatever to read what the guy replied to me about and had to sell.

I am a proud Australian and a proud FORD owner, for Christs sake Dick Johnson has even been in my car! You need to get rid of the **** minimum post rules and other stupid restrictions because I don't feel like I joined a community, more like a communist party!

You can't seriously condone the restrictions are fair in any way. It's a filter penalizing new members and it SUX!!!!

This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #2
Ibanezteve
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Forum Restrictions are Bull$hit!

I think it's more about rewarding valued contributors than penalising new members.
In regards to the "How to", maybe you could submit it to an administrator and they could post it up if they feel its appropriate.
Wow, Dick Johnsons been in your car! You must be a Ford fan!
This user likes this post:
Old 04-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

There are escalation processes outlined in the T&C if you have issues with the forum but obviously these aren't as much fun as a good public bitching session.

Your first problem was simply because it took you so long to post the thread - when you start to create a new post or thread, the server allocates an ID for it but only holds it for ~20 minutes after which the ID expires and you get the error message. Nothing we have set - it is standard vbulletin functionality. Having created plenty of them, I usually create what i want in MS Word first and then copy it in here.

The second problem I'm not clear on - there are no read restrictions on the For Sale area so that wouldn't be stopping you but you can't post in it until you reach a post minimum - and I can defend that position as it is designed to stop people just joining to use the FS section while contributing nothing else to the community.

I'm closing this thread - if you have further issues I suggest you use the PM system and ask.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

6 users like this post:
Old 04-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #4
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

I have taken the time to check out what you are trying to do unsuccessfully, to see if I could help and discovered you have spent all of your time (with the exception of 1 post) in the FS area advertising for Parts Wanted. You managed to do that with no problems so don't understand why you are so frustrated and annoyed. The Forum is more than the buying and selling of cars and parts - this was just something introduced for members as a sideline to further support their interest and passion.

Gaela

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbackfree View Post
I've been a member for maybe a few months. And the restrictions on posting and reading posts are ****!

So I'm new, don't know anyone, and haven't needed to post to any other members. Because of that I am restricted in doing just about everything.

I went to contribute a how to: Took me at least an hour to do, but when I try to post it I get this crap: you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. I also had a post about some parts I am looking for. Again I cant access anything because I have no privileges or not enough posts or whatever to read what the guy replied to me about and had to sell.

I am a proud Australian and a proud FORD owner, for Christs sake Dick Johnson has even been in my car! You need to get rid of the **** minimum post rules and other stupid restrictions because I don't feel like I joined a community, more like a communist party!

You can't seriously condone the restrictions are fair in any way. It's a filter penalizing new members and it SUX!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
8 users like this post:
Closed Thread