Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 31-12-2016, 10:42 AM   #61
FPV414
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Car dealer who wiped odometers of eight vehicle jailed for three years

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
Over 65 women died in 2016 at the hands of their patrtners. How many men died at the hands of their partners? Zero. It's always the same insecure emotional cripples who complain how bad women are. Plenty of gay men for those who can't form friendships with women, so don't get to down on yourselves.
Any weight in your statement was removed when you made the homophobic jab.
FPV414 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 11:01 AM   #62
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Default Re: Car dealer who wiped odometers of eight vehicle jailed for three years

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
At the hands of... nice qualifier there. As a result of.... well, but no, let me guess, blokes who suicide are insecure emotional cripples who are doing the world a favour anyway. Yet the stats don't lie.... men die at 3x the rate, and in the thousands.

Its not a competition. DV is bad, for all those affected, men and women can be just as cruel as one another, they just go about it in different ways. But the reality is society presently has a very blinkered view over who is allowed to be called a victim of it.

Maybe you should spend a little less time reading white ribbon press clippings....
I apologise if I've miss read your post but are you saying the bulk of men who commit suicide are doing it because they are being harassed by women or being unfairly treated by a system slanted towards women?

Because statistic show something different in that the majority of men (2292 men and 735 women in 2015) commit suicide when they lose their jobs or become elderly.

The highest rate of suicides in 2015 was among men over 85 years old at 39.3 percent of all suicides.

Middle age men who lose their jobs, farms and livelihood come in second.

One of the telling statistics in the suicide rate is the overrepresentation per population of men within the indigenous and LGBTI communities. Acceptance by the wider population could help adjust that.

To save people from just making up numbers, The Australian Bureau of Statistics has very detailed year to year information on suicides in Australia.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 11:23 AM   #63
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Express View Post
I apologise if I've miss read your post but are you saying the bulk of men who commit suicide are doing it because they are being harassed by women or being unfairly treated by a system slanted towards women?
No. Just that if we're going to make a song and dance about DV because 65 women died, why aren't we doing the same about suicide, which is taking thousands?

Quote:
Middle age men who lose their jobs, farms and livelihood come in second.
The stats don't show that as the cause though, do they? Middle-aged men also tend to be the ones whose families have fallen apart and are likely to be having to deal with the family law system, vindictive former partners, etc.

Read some of the studies into suicide, and they seldom dig deeper than 'failed to seek help'. That's rather like blaming DV victims for not leaving, yet when anyone suggests that, they're shouted down. But the same certainly is not true of male suicide. The blame is firmly placed on men.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #64
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
No. Just that if we're going to make a song and dance about DV because 65 women died, why aren't we doing the same about suicide, which is taking thousands?

The stats don't show that as the cause though, do they? Middle-aged men also tend to be the ones whose families have fallen apart and are likely to be having to deal with the family law system, vindictive former partners, etc.

Read some of the studies into suicide, and they seldom dig deeper than 'failed to seek help'. That's rather like blaming DV victims for not leaving, yet when anyone suggests that, they're shouted down. But the same certainly is not true of male suicide. The blame is firmly placed on men.
The stats are clinical but suicide notes and the love ones they leave behind do often give the background emotional reasons as to why middle age men commit suicide.

And of course men who suffer relationship breakdowns do commit suicide but not all do it simply because they are harassed by women, some do it because they can’t cope with separation and for those that do it for harassment reason, it’s not even remotely in the thousands per year.

As society has changed so have the reasons for suicide and one of biggies for middle aged men these days is the depression caused by being jobless with large mortgages and their feeling of failure as they are no longer able to provide for their families.

The suicide rate is lower for women in families with the same financial problems because they feel they have to struggle on for the sake of their children.

The changes in way we work these days and the decrease in permanent employment is taking a toll on families in many ways.

As a side note, Australia has one of the highest suicide rates in the western world and the reason given is because it is so strongly infused into us that we have to be strong emotionless family providing men that anything less is failure.

I'll sign off on the subject by saying most of us would have all been affected in some way by a family member or friend that has committed suicide.

All in all whatever the reasons for it and there are many and the issue of each one is complicated, it’s the support family and friends give each other during these times that will have a biggest influence on the outcome and it is up to us to be vigilant and help those we care about when we see the signs.

I have a friend who is suffering at the moment, he’s retired, in what he refers to as a loveless marriage, the children have all scattered and he feels he no longer has a reason to live.

Personally I don’t get it but what I do get it is to make sure I’m always available to take his phone calls at 3am, his long visits and I’m always looking for positive things for us to do together.

It’s draining but he’s my long time friend and I know the best thing for him is to have an ear piece and I’m that person.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 03:50 PM   #65
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Biggest threadjack of 2016
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #66
xr8cam

Please refer to Family law act for the definition of domestic violence. Statistics from Aust Inst Family Studies indicate men inflict around 90% all other non physical violence. The abuser often cries victim.
Here is a good measure. If you have a lot of conflict in your life, eg work, home, friends etc, perhaps its time for a look in the mirror. Confused about how men's suicide rate has anything to do with DV.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #67
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Over 65 women died in 2016 at the hands of their patrtners. How many men died at the hands of their partners? Zero. It's always the same insecure emotional cripples who complain how bad women are. Plenty of gay men for those who can't form friendships with women, so don't get to down on yourselves.
What a joke of a reply that is...

Women can legally totally destroy a perfectly good bloke after they separate when kids are involved...

Almost happened to me. Perhaps consider yourself lucky it's something you haven't experienced... Yet.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2016, 05:22 PM   #68
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

I havent read much of the thread. BUT, Do men who tamper with odometers commit suicide??? I am lost and confused....

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #69
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

And now.............................back on topic please.

If you want to chat about domestic violence by all means start another thread.
Old 31-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #70
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPXR6T View Post
Biggest threadjack of 2016
Save the best for last
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #71
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Maybe some people commit suicide when they find out that the car they bought has three times the mileage that they thought it had. Lol!
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 01:07 PM   #72
ethnicford
Starter Motor

my fords done three hundred K and I reckon it if anything the clocks been wound forward
ethnicford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 01:01 AM   #73
xr8cam

[QUOTE=FPV414;5844146]Any weight in your statement was removed when you made the homophobic jab.[/QUOTE
And you think all the anti feminists comments are fine do you?Look at the page before I chime in and where the conversation turns. Very hard to make a valid point on this thread.All the angry loners keep attacking any word they don't understand makes it very difficult to discuss social issues with any maturity. The same problems exist when your asking a car relevent question a lot of the time, so many insecure people who take strangers questions or opinions personally. I would have thought any man would be ashamed of the family violence in society.We all have mums, wives, sisters, daughters & girlfriends. The only people who are ok with anything to do with this issue are the problem.

Last edited by xr8cam; 10-01-2017 at 01:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:13 AM   #74
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
All the angry loners keep attacking any word they don't understand makes it very difficult to discuss social issues with any maturity.
Maturity? You're the one who describes people with a dissenting opinion as an emotional cripple or an angry loner. Its a discussion if you're prepared to engage without insults, otherwise, its just a rant.
Old 10-01-2017, 07:14 AM   #75
superyob
Banned

Quote:
Maturity? You're the one who describes people with a dissenting opinion as an emotional cripple or an angry loner. Its a discussion if you're prepared to engage without insults, otherwise, its just a rant.
I think xr8cam is pointing out that one cannot mention a topic, no matter how benignly, without some SJW taking the opportunity to get offended and start virtue signalling...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #76
LTDHO
The one and only

I guess I failed at this.
When I upgraded the interior in LTDHO the odo went up 100,000!!!
Whoops.

Now I can't sell it as a one lady owner & driven to church on Sundays car anymore!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 10:28 AM   #77
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO View Post
I guess I failed at this.
When I upgraded the interior in LTDHO the odo went up 100,000!!!
Whoops.

Now I can't sell it as a one lady owner & driven to church on Sundays car anymore!
How far away is the church?

*strokes chin*
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #78
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabantien View Post
How far away is the church?

*strokes chin*
50,000km. She got there and her husband beat her up....she hasn't been back since.

Allegedly.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-01-2017, 07:16 PM   #79
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looking back I reckon I got ****** over when I bought my porsche years back when I was all but a kid. 50,000km on the clock, and am told we don't have the books but have ordered another copy from the dealer in qld. I was too young and dumb. I bought the car on a promise the books would follow in a week, they never did. I did get the dealer back slightly as my trade in had some serious issues, expensive ones that would have eaten any profit on the deal for them. A lose - lose situation.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #80
xr8cam

Quote:
Case in point.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #81
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Case in point.
I wasn't trying to create discussion, I was just pointing out your hypocrisy.