Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Old 17-04-2023, 08:13 PM   #1351
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicusj View Post
Hi GT, how are you doing?
Chasing hens teeth here I know - the wife’s trusty 09SY is slowly falling apart, and needs a new tailgate garnish, the one on the glass with the Ford logo on. I tried to fix the broken tabs with plastic glue, but the whole thing is so brittle and I cracked it almost in half. I tried wreckers all over but seems to be the 1st thing that goes.

I’m led to believe the SY11 and SZ garnish will also fit, so im not fussed to get one if that was the case.
Hi mate,

Unable to source a new SX/Y garnish, maybe able to source a good second hand one, but will need to chase if so. SX all the way to SY2 are the same, there was just a plain one which as a spare part, paint to suit that suited all models except Ghia and Ghia Turbo as they were chrome outer.

I am not sure if the SZ one will fit as theoretically it is a different part number, but I think can source one of those. I just need to confirm I can actually get it. Again I cannot confirm that the SZ one will fit, so if you go down that path, its on you if it does not fit.

Let me know which one you would like me to chase.

What colour is your car if I do chase a second hand one, I would try and find the same colour, but thats not guaranteed.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2023, 06:25 PM   #1352
Vicusj

Thanks GT for the quick response and your willingness to help us Ford owners here, that is really appreciated. The old lady is silver, Lightning Strike I think it is called. Finding a 2nd hand one in this colour would be really awesome, the pinnacle. And im not fussed should it be off a Ghia /turbo with the chrome bits. A bit bling to spruce her up might be worth it lol.
And im more than happy to take the risk should an SZ one in this colour pop up ( I never win anything with lotto, but in comparison my chances with this should have much better odds, right ��)

'09 SY1 Terri TS AWD - still going strong, now wifey's
Vicusj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-04-2023, 06:58 PM   #1353
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Thanks GT for the quick response and your willingness to help us Ford owners here, that is really appreciated. The old lady is silver, Lightning Strike I think it is called. Finding a 2nd hand one in this colour would be really awesome, the pinnacle. And im not fussed should it be off a Ghia /turbo with the chrome bits. A bit bling to spruce her up might be worth it lol.
And im more than happy to take the risk should an SZ one in this colour pop up ( I never win anything with lotto, but in comparison my chances with this should have much better odds, right ��)
Hey mate,

Had a look around today. Feedback I got is that no point in trying to take off a good used one of a tailgate as because they are partially glued on, they break when attempting to take off. One suggested it was easier to replace the whole tail gate.

I have found a NOS SZ territory one that is paint to suit, meaning it needs to be painted. It is $220 plus freight (guessing around $20?).

PM me if interested.

GT
Old 18-04-2023, 07:09 PM   #1354
gassa
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi Mate
I think I have a used sy tailgate Garnish trim in lighting Strike
Gassa
gassa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2023, 05:22 PM   #1355
Vicusj

Thanks both GT and Gassa, I PM'd you both, apologies if you received multiple messages, I tried do so on my phone and seems to have totally messed it up, and managed to have more success on the laptop now!

Old 19-04-2023, 08:13 PM   #1356
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFIIGhiaZF6 View Post
Great, thanks GT, PM sent.
Hi GT, Have you posted those NOS headlight protectors to me yet mate, got a pic of them by any chance

2007 BFII Fairmont Ghia I6 4L, ZF6 Auto, Ego Charcoal, Warm Charcoal.

R/Up 2019:Winner 2023:, Best BA-BF Geelong AFD.

PWR Air/Oil Cooler, K&N, Egas elbow, V8 upper F6 lower CAI.

1997 Fairmont EL Ghia Tickford 4L Auto
1985 Falcon XF GL 4.1L Auto.
1979 Fairmont XD Ghia 4.1L Auto.
1971 Cortina GL Estate 1200cc Manual.
BFIIGhiaZF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-04-2023, 08:22 PM   #1357
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For Moey747

BA BF PCM Bracket.jpg
Old 19-04-2023, 08:28 PM   #1358
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Thanks both GT and Gassa, I PM'd you both, apologies if you received multiple messages, I tried do so on my phone and seems to have totally messed it up, and managed to have more success on the laptop now!
Hey mate,

No private messages received???
Old 19-04-2023, 08:29 PM   #1359
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hi GT, Have you posted those NOS headlight protectors to me yet mate, got a pic of them by any chance
Hi mate,

I only received them earlier today and have already packaged them to send tomorrow morning. I don't want to unwrap them to get an image.

I will PM you tracking number once sent.

GT
This user likes this post:
Old 20-04-2023, 05:35 PM   #1360
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The experience, information and willingness to help and share data in regards to the ZF cooling system options has probably cleared a lot of doubt about air/oil coolers and the ZF transmission. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
Hi mate,

I only received them earlier today and have already packaged them to send tomorrow morning. I don't want to unwrap them to get an image.

I will PM you tracking number once sent.

GT
Thanks very much GT
Old 21-04-2023, 11:53 AM   #1361
Ryano

Hi GT,
I am after a part number or availability for a 2013 SZ Territory Diesel RWD 'rear' engine mount or transmission mount. struggling to confirm if its the same as other models

Thanks,
Old 21-04-2023, 06:53 PM   #1362
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

Hi GTLEGEND

It's great that you are still providing this parts assistance!

I'm trying to find a 2011 FG GT Front Passenger Side Door Trim Spear, part number 8R29F24185AAWLH. Photos included at the link below (OneDrive) to confirm the colour/ pattern and part number.

Note that I've tried my local WA dealer, who confirmed that the part has been discontinued by Ford, and that a dealer search nationwide didn't show anything. So I don't like my chances!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Photos: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AunUnAsZXPhohah-...8pkcg?e=ZuJkdp

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

DAILY: 2015 PXII Ranger Wildtrak, Pride Orange, 6sp auto, tech pack (pics here)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
dawsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-04-2023, 08:40 PM   #1363
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryano View Post
Hi GT,
I am after a part number or availability for a 2013 SZ Territory Diesel RWD 'rear' engine mount or transmission mount. struggling to confirm if its the same as other models

Thanks,
Hi mate, part number is AR2Z6068AB and should be able to get for $95 plus postage.

PM if interested as would need some details to try and get.

GT
Old 21-04-2023, 08:49 PM   #1364
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsman View Post
Hi GTLEGEND

It's great that you are still providing this parts assistance!

I'm trying to find a 2011 FG GT Front Passenger Side Door Trim Spear, part number 8R29F24185AAWLH. Photos included at the link below (OneDrive) to confirm the colour/ pattern and part number.

Note that I've tried my local WA dealer, who confirmed that the part has been discontinued by Ford, and that a dealer search nationwide didn't show anything. So I don't like my chances!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Photos: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AunUnAsZXPhohah-...8pkcg?e=ZuJkdp
Hey mate,

For starters just confirming yours is a FG1 GT not FG2 as 2011 is the cross over year and could be either?

Not sure where you got that part number (guessing off the back) but that sounds like an engineering number not a service part number which I cannot cross reference for some reason.

Could you please pass on you VIN so I can try and identify the correct service part for your vehicle. It may be BGF24185B1MM, but I need to be able to confirm.

Let me know,

GT
Old 22-04-2023, 09:51 AM   #1365
mchaggis
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Hi mate,

Yes I organised to get it last week. I am hoping to have it by end of this week. Was waiting till I had it in my hand before I replied back to you.

GT
Hi GT, the parts arrived yesterday and in good order. Great work on sourcing the NOS B Pillar trim.

Cheers.
2012 FG-II GTP #288
2002 AU-III XR8

Previous rides
(1977 TE Cortina, 2001 AUII XR6, 2004 BAI XR8 Ute, 2005 BAII Typhoon, 2008 FG F6, 2015 FG-X XR6 Ute, 2006 SY Territory Turbo Ghia...it just used too much fuel)
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2023, 12:20 PM   #1366
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Hi GT, the parts arrived yesterday and in good order. Great work on sourcing the NOS B Pillar trim.

Cheers.
Glad they arrived safely!!

Yeh that was a good find, I think that may be the last new one around apart in someone's private collection.
Old 22-04-2023, 03:27 PM   #1367
dawsman
FG GT 335 Owner

Quote:
Hey mate,

For starters just confirming yours is a FG1 GT not FG2 as 2011 is the cross over year and could be either?

Not sure where you got that part number (guessing off the back) but that sounds like an engineering number not a service part number which I cannot cross reference for some reason.

Could you please pass on you VIN so I can try and identify the correct service part for your vehicle. It may be BGF24185B1MM, but I need to be able to confirm.

Let me know,

GT
Thanks for the quick reply GTLEGEND, PM sent with the details you requested.

TOY: 2011 FG GT 335 #0498, Nitro, 6sp MANUAL, 18% tint, Herrod K&N Filter, Herrod-JLT oil breather, Manta twin 3" s/s cat-back exhaust, Shockworks adjustable coilovers, R-Spec wheels (build thread)

DAILY: 2015 PXII Ranger Wildtrak, Pride Orange, 6sp auto, tech pack (pics here)

BEFORE: 2005 Mercury Silver BF XR8 ZF Auto, 20% tint, custom 2.5" cat-back exhaust, Advanti Zeta 19" wheels (found it!)
dawsman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2023, 12:08 PM   #1368
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GT,

I might have to purchase a new rear window demister / defogger for the AU2.

Are they still available? I've tried using ebay with search words "Rear window demister Ford AU". nothing comes up.
bondy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2023, 12:36 PM   #1369
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
GT,

I might have to purchase a new rear window demister / defogger for the AU2.

Are they still available? I've tried using ebay with search words "Rear window demister Ford AU". nothing comes up.
Hey mate,

Do you mean the demister lines in the rear windscreen or the dash switch?

If its the demister on the rear screen, that was only ever sold as part of the windscreen and no longer available. If you speak to some windscreen places they maybe able to fix for you.

I would need to look into the switch if thats what you need.
Old 25-04-2023, 03:11 PM   #1370
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GT.

Switch is ok thanks, Thanks for the info regarding windscreen , I was not aware the demister on the rear screen comes as part of the windscreen. Makes sense now.

I'll have a chat with couple of windscreen places and see if they can fix the problem.
Cheers.
Old 26-04-2023, 12:39 PM   #1371
BFIIGhiaZF6
George
Donating Member3

Just picked up the Ford NOS headlight protectors, thanks GT PM sent.

Old 26-04-2023, 10:09 PM   #1372
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just picked up the Ford NOS headlight protectors, thanks GT PM sent.

Glad you like them, I would have to say they would most likely be the last NOS around unless someone has in private collection/hoard!

Glad they arrived safely too, hate sending glass/perspex/plastic that can easily break.!
Old 27-04-2023, 06:30 PM   #1373
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GT,

Are the rear retractable seatbelts in the BA/BF fit the AU2.
Thanks.
Old 27-04-2023, 10:35 PM   #1374
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
GT,

Are the rear retractable seatbelts in the BA/BF fit the AU2.
Thanks.
Hey Bondy,

They have different part numbers, colours and fittings, so they are different. Whether they fit or not I am not sure.

GT
2 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2023, 11:06 PM   #1375
bondy99
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GT,

Ok, no worries, I was planning to use the left rear retractable seat belt from a AU Fairmont (Have not physically seen it yet, but was told it's in working order). If I could not get that one, I was thinking maybe BA/BF might suffice.

Thanks for your assistance.
Old 29-04-2023, 12:43 PM   #1376
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Morning GT,

And chance of a replacement side plastic trim in grey? This is for my 11/11 FPV GT, 6FPAAAJGSWBL34752.

Many thanks.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2023, 08:45 PM   #1377
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Morning GT,

And chance of a replacement side plastic trim in grey? This is for my 11/11 FPV GT, 6FPAAAJGSWBL34752.

Many thanks.

Scratch that GT. Found them at Jefferson Ford. Cheers.
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2023, 12:46 AM   #1378
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
Scratch that GT. Found them at Jefferson Ford. Cheers.
All good should be around $100?
Old 01-05-2023, 03:31 AM   #1379
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Hi GTLegend. Can you help us out on this thread https://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11497819and advise not only the price and availability of the spherical vacuum reservoir in tne FG, but also confirm it's actual purpose please?
Old 01-05-2023, 03:22 PM   #1380
Vicusj

Hi GT, I tried to search online for these trim clips, but no luck yet.

These metal clips are for holding in place the piece of plastic strip in the Territory's rear tailgate upper sill, where the coiled power cable to the tailgate goes into the roof cavity.

I haven't been to SCA etc to look for alternatives, was just wondering what are these called, perhaps availability of originals?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ClipB.jpg (15.1 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Vicusj; 01-05-2023 at 03:51 PM.