Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-04-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Melbourne toll roads

Heading to Melbourne early May, may go straight to western Gippsland for one night but staying in Carlton 4 nights.
Whats the story on tolls and toll roads? I have the Falcon GPS but dont wont to get trapped
Old 08-04-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Melbourne toll roads

If you happen to end up on a toll road don't stress, you can go to the city link website within 3 days of travel and purchase a day pass for no extra fee. Otherwise before you leave you can do the same.

It only gets expensive if you don't pay the initial toll and they have to send you reminders.
Adamz Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

There are no toll booths on Melbourne's toll roads.

Collection of tolls is done automatically, without slowing down or stopping.

At each toll point, vehicles pass under a gantry which is fitted with both communication scanners and cameras.

Melbourne has two toll road operators - Transurban who manage CityLink, and ConnectEast who manage EastLink.

Accounts for use on all of Melbourne's toll roads can be set up through either of these toll road operators.

These accounts will also work on any toll road in Australia if an electronic tolling tag is also fitted to the vehicle.

Drivers with interstate toll road accounts and electronic tags installed in their vehicles can immediately use all of Melbourne's toll roads.

CityLink consists of three tolled roads:

1. Southern Link (M1) - Monash Freeway between Power Street (Southbank) and Toorak Road (Malvern). It includes the Domain and Burnley Tunnels.

2. Western Link (M2) - Tullamarine Freeway between West Gate Freeway (Port Melbourne) and Bell Street (Strathmore). It includes the Bolte Bridge.

3. Batman Avenue - between Flinders Street and Olympic Boulevard (Melbourne). It extends from south of entrance "A" to north of entrance "B" at Melbourne Park.

EastLink consists of one continuous toll road:

EastLink (M3) between Springvale Road (Nunawading) and Frankston Freeway (Seaford), including the Melba and Mullum Mullum Tunnels

The easiest way to get around the above is to buy a day or weekend pass for your car....

Available at this link....

https://www.citylink.com.au/before-you-travel/passes
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #4
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate, I used to go to Melbourne 3-4 times a year for work, I would buy a Mebourne pass each time which covers you for up to 30days on all Victorian tolls. It runs off number plate recognition so you don't need an etag reader in your car, and like the other guys say, you've got up to 3 days to apply after your first toll. I never had more than $25 debited off my card each time, and I spent plenty of time driving around.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 10-04-2017, 07:36 PM   #5
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
Mate, I used to go to Melbourne 3-4 times a year for work, I would buy a Mebourne pass each time which covers you for up to 30days on all Victorian tolls. It runs off number plate recognition so you don't need an etag reader in your car, and like the other guys say, you've got up to 3 days to apply after your first toll. I never had more than $25 debited off my card each time, and I spent plenty of time driving around.
If you are infrequent user of the toll roads you can still set an account with out E-tag with direct debit payment but you get charged an extra 75¢ search fee, I find this handy for the few times I use the toll roads without worrying about paying days later, a statement comes in at the end of the month regardless if you used it or not.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post