Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 31-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #1
MackaB
Starter Motor

Default Can't enter radio keycode

Hey all,

I have a 09 Ford Focus LV LX. Battery went dead a few weeks ago and it took me a while to locate the keycode for the radio. Now that I have it though, the radio display no longer asks for the keycode. It's stuck on date and time on the display.

Other than disconnecting the battery to reset it, does anyone know how I can get to the screen for inputting the code? The local Dealerships were really unhelpful with this.

Cheers in advance
MackaB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Can't enter radio keycode

Page 127 of the owners manual..

Entering a security code If ‘Keycode - - - -’, appears in the display when you switch on the audio unit, you must enter the Keycode using the station preset buttons.
Press the numbered button 1.
corresponding to the first digit of your Keycode. Press the numbered button 2.
corresponding to the second digit of your Keycode. Repeat for digits 3 and 4 in the same way. If you make a mistake entering the 3.
code, you may press the left or right button to access the related digit and re-enter the code using buttons 0-9. You can update the digits by pressing the up or down button. Ensure the complete Keycode 4.
displayed is correct before pressing the OK button to confirm.
Incorrect security correct code Up to 10 Keycode entry attempts are allowed with various consequences if you get it wrong. The number of attempts is shown in the display.
If the display reverts to ‘Keycode’ •
another entry attempt may be made immediately. If the display shows ‘Retry 1 of 10 •
in_ _:_ _’, the unit will be locked for a certain time. Wait until the
timer counts down to zero. When ‘Keycode’ is displayed, enter the Keycode again.
After 10 incorrect attempts the unit •
will be permanently inoperative and ‘‘Permanently locked’ will be displayed. Contact your local Ford Dealer.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
MackaB
Starter Motor

Hi GTLEGEND, thanks for that mate. I read that bit in the manual too, unfortunately, what's happened is that it was left for so long that it no longer displays the request for a 'Keycode' .It's reverted to displaying date and time and there's nothing I can do to change it, or to enter the keycode.

The manual also doesn't say what to do in that situation. I contacted my local Ford and they had no clue, so I thought I'd ask on here too.
Old 31-01-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Try disconnecting battery for 10 mins..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #5
MackaB
Starter Motor

Yeah, I was hoping for a work around before disconnecting the battery. A key combo of some sort. If there's no other option, I'll unhook the battery this weekend. Cheers
Old 01-02-2018, 03:07 PM   #6
raceteam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Like I suggested in the other thread you started, just pull the radio fuse if you don't want to disconnect the battery.
raceteam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
brucewarring

Dont forget to press button 5 after you have inputted the code
brucewarring is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #8
MackaB
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceteam View Post
Like I suggested in the other thread you started, just pull the radio fuse if you don't want to disconnect the battery.
mate, i missed the bit where you mentioned the fuse. worked like a treat! thanks for the tip, will remember that one.

for anyone who does do this; be warned: the display will come back and allow you an attempt after an hour has passed. you need to leave your keys in the ignition for the full duration of this hour, if you turn off the car completely, the timer will reset.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #9
MackaB
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewarring View Post
Dont forget to press button 5 after you have inputted the code
actually, on the lx lv '09 you only need to hit "ok" after.