Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 PM   #121
Stock XR
K Code

Want one, sounds great. Have to wait a couple years. The ex's hand will be out my pocket by than.
Stock XR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #122
MRFGXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Yep convinced definitely want one now. Christ that thing sounds great.

6/6/16 build 2017 plate Race red mustang gt with white solid stripes, tint, x-force exhaust, rear spoiler, 35mm lowered Votgland springs

MRFGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #123
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thought id do another chop with a different stripe option, also added intercooler, moved GT badge, tinted glass and impractically lowered it.

smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #124
smacxr8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And no stripes

smacxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #125
HLC
Audi S3

still not a fan of the stripes, bu8t these cars do look great 'impractically lowered'!

makes me want to go outside and lop a coil or 2 off the SSL's in my AU lol not low enough aha
Old 09-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #126
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

MMM Supercharger!!

God i want one of those!!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #127
TC200six
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds great, Can't wait to see the new GT in the flesh. Not sure about the new stripes though. I liked the old ones better.
TC200six is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:44 PM   #128
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
LS3 is already euroIV compliant.
But HSV wont be able to play the power war anymore until they go a new engine from GM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #129
Deebs1990

Awesome video mate, the charger is music to my ears, absolutely stunning car looks and sound wise, even the exhaust stock sounds mean.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:27 PM   #130
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
But HSV wont be able to play the power war anymore until they go a new engine from GM.
funny you should mention that , i saw on one of the car review places last night , Drive or something like that a special commy with blower and 450 kw, probably trying to defuse some of the good Ford reception with the coyote.
there we go ....
http://news.drive.com.au/

Last edited by mik; 09-10-2010 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM   #131
gtfpv
GT

i think the red team will fit the crate supercharged 6.2 litre V8 to the HSV down the track . get on youtube and have a look at the Z9 ( corvette )
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #132
stevem0411
Starter Motor

For me it would be delete stripes, badges and rear spoiler. For me car's look cool when there are not badges, stripes or any appendages. But hell it still looks better than the dogs breakfast designs of HSV. But then I am an old fart (52) so what do I know.
stevem0411 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #133
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem0411
For me it would be delete stripes, badges and rear spoiler. For me car's look cool when there are not badges, stripes or any appendages. But hell it still looks better than the dogs breakfast designs of HSV. But then I am an old fart (52) so what do I know.

The GT-E will be right up your ally then.

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #134
stevem0411
Starter Motor

NC1183 you are right, I am so glad that there is a V8 high performance luxy car now, but I don't really like the wheels. Anyway, the most important thing is that FPV have finally released a car that makes all the HSV offerings look like clumsy rice-boy clunkers.
stevem0411 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #135
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was reading an article about these today and it got me thinking that:

1. The aussie muscle car wars have gone beyond where they left off in 1972 with the Phase iv. We are in an era of muscle car wars which seems to have gone way beyond the last war!

2. One of these new beasts could come close to displacing my passion for the old x series coupes. If you buy one of these GT's you know you are getting the authentic item, you have no fears about rebirthing/rebodies, you can drive them anywhere anytime and park them!!!! New old stock parts are plentiful and you can drive them in the rain and not worry about hearing them rusting away as you drive!

All that in a package which looks horn and drives like the devil!
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #136
Baron.LSN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
Ok then. So what would be the end result of having some lock on the steering wheel with the tyre now sticking out from the guard? I would say a slight bump and the guard will be imbedded into the tyre. Not good for the guard, tyre and your pocket. There is space between the guard and tyre for a reason. And with our roads it should stay that way!
A valid point, but your views on lowering are clearly set out in your signature anyway... I guess my main point is that the less space between the tire and wheel-arch the better the car looks. They're meant to be performance cars and should look like they are. They shouldn't look like a RAV4.

or this...

Baron.LSN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 12:36 AM   #137
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron.LSN
A valid point, but your views on lowering are clearly set out in your signature anyway... I guess my main point is that the less space between the tire and wheel-arch the better the car looks. They're meant to be performance cars and should look like they are. They shouldn't look like a RAV4.

or this...

Also a valid point, BUT,

If you decrease the tyre to guard gap, but maintain the stock height, the car will look awkward and dumb, with long/high sheet metal and it will make the tyres look tiny in the guards.

look at any supercar, with minimal tyre guard clearance, but they also have minimal ground clearance to bring it all into line/proprotion.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #138
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

WOW!

That does sound good! The poor mans E55 AMG!
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 01:15 AM   #139
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

I wouldn't call it a poor mans anything. I'd prefer what it is, the quickest GT ever made.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 AM   #140
tolzero

If you don't like the stripes, don't option them, if you don't like the ride height take it to herrod or intune and lower it, can't you guys be happy with the first offering in along time that is stronger than a HSV. Yes they can supercharge theirs but who gives a toss.... Stock out of the factory ours is a better base package.
And by the way if Ford Forums was around in 71 what would the backlash be to oh my god puttin "super roo" on the side

Shut up or put up

the numbers at the dealer will be the decider, I was a F6 buyer but no longer...Gt all the way and i'll get my stripes painted to join the bonnet and maybe 1" out of the ride height.... I'll see all you haters at the next set of lights
tolzero is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #141
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolzero
If you don't like the stripes, don't option them, if you don't like the ride height take it to herrod or intune and lower it, can't you guys be happy with the first offering in along time that is stronger than a HSV. Yes they can supercharge theirs but who gives a toss.... Stock out of the factory ours is a better base package.
And by the way if Ford Forums was around in 71 what would the backlash be to oh my god puttin "super roo" on the side

Shut up or put up

the numbers at the dealer will be the decider, I was a F6 buyer but no longer...Gt all the way and i'll get my stripes painted to join the bonnet and maybe 1" out of the ride height.... I'll see all you haters at the next set of lights
well said!

Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #142
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Awesome video, awesome car.

With 3 or 4 people on board and a top V8SC driver who doesn't really appear to be trying, that thing hit 240kph down Conrod

What's a V8SC do 280kph to 290kph.

Can't believe the negativity around this forum about this frankly astounding vehicle
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #143
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

That has one hell of a sweet sound to it ... and stock out of the box.
And my god ... it revs out to the shift chime sooo quick ... much quicker than I was expecting.

I'd be happy with just a GS ute ... and then get tuned to see what can be done. I'm sure once that bleed valve gets shut by a tune ... the mid-range torque is going to be MASSIVE.

Wish i could afford one ... it's really one of the V8's that I really do want to own ... these should be nice to drive.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #144
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

So angry with my dad he had the chance to do a few promo laps in the GT but turned it down to help a customer!!! Arrr his work mates told him they did 220km down conrod, and it was awesome
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #145
HSE2

Don't be mad at Dad. He did a good thing. Cars aren't people.
BREAKING NEWS: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of "Suck It Up & Move On" after it crashed into "We All Have Problems" before coming to a complete stop at "Get the Hell Over It." Reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin'
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #146
EF Hoon
Sideways in my 33!

Yeah im not mad, but it would have been cool cause knowing him he would have taken a 1000 pics and video
EF Hoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:37 PM   #147
tapeworm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sweet, so much potential. I think FPV would do well to trim some weight from their cars-a nearing 2 tonne is too heavy and fix the ride height.

But engine seems the ducks guts
tapeworm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #148
Baron.LSN
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
Also a valid point, BUT,

If you decrease the tyre to guard gap, but maintain the stock height, the car will look awkward and dumb, with long/high sheet metal and it will make the tyres look tiny in the guards.

look at any supercar, with minimal tyre guard clearance, but they also have minimal ground clearance to bring it all into line/proprotion.
True, but my point was mainly in accordance with complaints about ground clearance issues. Ideally you'd use a mix of both of these techniques to find the compromise between suspension travel and tyre clearance, ground clearance, and a 'stock look' which is a bit more aggressive.
Baron.LSN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2010, 12:52 PM   #149
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron.LSN
True, but my point was mainly in accordance with complaints about ground clearance issues. Ideally you'd use a mix of both of these techniques to find the compromise between suspension travel and tyre clearance, ground clearance, and a 'stock look' which is a bit more aggressive.
yep, have a look at many of the euro's. i see many mercs in rural areas too. have a look at the cars in the middle east. many of their roads are worse than ours and they still like to drive around in mercs.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #150
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevem0411
While we are still on the stripes bit, I saw one at Bathurst on show with the stripes and Iwhen I saw it in pics I thought the same but would reserve my judgement. Well I am now a fan it looks sensational. I think it was the angle at which the photos were taken but standing in front and beside with a downward angle was just great. Yep mine with stripes please. On the other hand I didn't like the red colour as much as the red of an F6. It is a sort of maroon/red rather than a red red, if you know what I mean.