Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 30-01-2009, 04:01 AM   #1
BlacklistedXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FG XR8 Rear Brakes

Hi mate,
Ive bought a pair of rear single piston PBR brakes off an FG XR8 thinking that they would be the same or bigger then the BF XR8 328mm ventilated rear brakes but to my surprise they are only 303mm solid disks.
Now am i able to buy and fit a bigger rear disk (say 328mm) without changing the calipers or brackets?
If i need to change the brackets would you be able to sell me a pair of brackets to fit a 328mm rotor and at what price?
I want to track my car. Do you think there is much difference between the BF XR8 (328mm single piston) and the FG XR8 (303mm single piston) rear brakes in terms of performance (I will be getting slotted rotors, braided lines, upgraded pads for either rear brake that i choose)?
The car is an AU2 XR8 and i will be running 4 piston brembos at the front.
Are the standard front brembo brake pads okay for track days accompanied with dba 5000 or should i look to upgrade the pads to something more suitable?
Sorry for all the questions, I will be giving you a call next week or maybe the week after (depending on money situation) to organise a few parts for my front and hopefully rear brakes and wanted to know the answer to these questions before i made an order.
Thanks for the help,
Chris

AU3 Fairmont I6
Whiteline swaybars, FPV Typhoon Rims, Superlows, Custom Intake Piping, Modified BA XR8 Airbox, Big Stereo

Past:
2001 AU2 XR8 220 Manual
1/4 Mile: 13.8 @ 100MPH (161km/h)

Ford Falcon AU2 V8 Auto
1/4 Mile: 13.0 @ 107MPH (172km/h)
BlacklistedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacklistedXR
Hi mate,
Ive bought a pair of rear single piston PBR brakes off an FG XR8 thinking that they would be the same or bigger then the BF XR8 328mm ventilated rear brakes but to my surprise they are only 303mm solid disks.
Now am i able to buy and fit a bigger rear disk (say 328mm) without changing the calipers or brackets?
If i need to change the brackets would you be able to sell me a pair of brackets to fit a 328mm rotor and at what price?
I want to track my car. Do you think there is much difference between the BF XR8 (328mm single piston) and the FG XR8 (303mm single piston) rear brakes in terms of performance (I will be getting slotted rotors, braided lines, upgraded pads for either rear brake that i choose)?
The car is an AU2 XR8 and i will be running 4 piston brembos at the front.
Are the standard front brembo brake pads okay for track days accompanied with dba 5000 or should i look to upgrade the pads to something more suitable?
Sorry for all the questions, I will be giving you a call next week or maybe the week after (depending on money situation) to organise a few parts for my front and hopefully rear brakes and wanted to know the answer to these questions before i made an order.
Thanks for the help,
Chris
Chris for some reason the FG basic models went back to the solid rear 303mm disc and you can't fit the bigger 328mm rotors to the calipers off the 303mm sorry.The 328mm option was really only for the BF XR6T and the XR8 and in the FG was fitted to the rear of GT's etc when the 4 pot Brembo's had been fitted to the front.The 328mm rear vented option is a far better system than the 303mm solid set up by far. The std front Brembo pads may be fine for what your going to do and depending on how you drive but as you go faster and get better you will then find that you will need a more reliable performance pad to suit.If you fit a rear kit to your AU11 you may need to space the rear caliper about 2mm to centre the caliper over the rotor.Let me know if there is anything else i can do for you .

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post