Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #31
XBROO
Obsessed with wheels

Default Re: Problems logging in

Yee-haa!!! I've learnt something new, it's all fixed now.
XBROO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #32
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Default logging in?

Since the upgrade i have to log in every time i go on the forum,i used to be permanently logged in.I check the box to remember me or whatever it is when you log in but it doesnt remember me?
Is that a new feature of the upgrade?
STINKY NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #33
FPV-HSV
previously SMIKXR6

Default Re: logging in?

Same here!! Fix it asap :p its annoying! aha
Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #34
Neme
Needav8

Delete your cookies (Firefox you can delete just from one website), restart browser and try again.

Worked for me anyway (just deleting ff.com cookies in Firefox), has stayed logged in for a day and a half, previously it was 10minutes lol
Old 06-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #35
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

You will need to clear your internet cache. Instructions on how to do that are in this post by russellw

http://www.fordforums.com.au/vbporta...2&postcount=14

Cheers
Col
Old 06-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #36
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWGT6 View Post
Same here!! Fix it asap :p its annoying! aha
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE 220
Since the upgrade i have to log in every time i go on the forum,i used to be permanently logged in.I check the box to remember me or whatever it is when you log in but it doesnt remember me?
Is that a new feature of the upgrade?
Wish people would read the thread before complaining. The issue has been identified several posts back and the fixes provided.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #37
B&D Racing
Banned

Yep havn't cleared my cookies yet, but i always clear my cache before i close firefox
B&D Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #38
STINKY NINJA
Banned

Thanks Neme and Geez Louise, i dont even know what a cookie is? Lucky i have my wife to help me through these trying times
I will shoot off and go and delete me some cookies and caches.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #39
Neme
Needav8

Cookies is a funny way of labeling how your browser remembers any log in settings etc for each website (kinda, think of it that way.)

So when you delete them, on your next visit it will re-learn any new settings. It should work from then on once you do so.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #40
GUNXR6T
SRBRO

deleted my cookies like 20 times so far and i still have to log in, what to do
Old 08-11-2012, 08:23 PM   #41
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

when using my phone now i cant log in at all.
does that mean i have to pay for tapatalk?

just another question,
have the indicators that show what threads you've posted in been deleted/removed now?

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Nah mate, you don't have to get tapatalk I had the same issue.

Read here
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11380955

Cheers

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #43
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67xr View Post
just another question,
have the indicators that show what threads you've posted in been deleted/removed now?
They haven't been but there is still a bug in that particular modification that I am trying to resolve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNXR6T
deleted my cookies like 20 times so far and i still have to log in, what to do
You need to ensure you clear both cookies and cache and then allow cookies if they aren't. Check the thread Geez Louise linked to above as there is more discussion around this topic.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 08-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #44
my67xr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This contribution: 04 SX TX AWD, drama's replacing upper outer joints w/Nolathane replacements 

ok thanks, i just had a look at the other thread too.

click below to view my build threads
67 XR Fairmont
04 SX TX Territory AWD

my67xr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2012, 06:36 PM   #45
GUNXR6T
SRBRO

I've done all this and still have to log in
Old 09-11-2012, 07:28 PM   #46
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNXR6T View Post
I've done all this and still have to log in
I thought I had too, but all I was clearing was my cache, not my cookies. The AFF cookies do not all look like AFF cookies so that makes it a bit harder to search them out and remove them. I eventually worked it out in Firefox, thanks to the info in this thread and now happily open up to find I'm logged in !
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 PM   #47
GUNXR6T
SRBRO

i have deleted all the cookies and cache, maybe my computer is paying up
Old 09-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #48
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNXR6T View Post
i have deleted all the cookies and cache, maybe my computer is paying up
We seem to have a couple that are having difficulty actually getting the cookies to clear. Not sure why but as noted elsewhere the AFF cookies are sometimes stored as the IP address and sometimes with subdomain names.

Short of clearing them all (and that can be difficult in IE9) I'm not quite sure what else to suggest.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 10-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #49
Jorgo85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've tried clearing all my browser history and all the cookies in the temporary internet file and it still won't keep me logged in. There are, however, about a dozen cookies that windows won't let me remove from the temp file. Any suggestions?
Jorgo85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #50
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFXR65spd View Post
I've tried clearing all my browser history and all the cookies in the temporary internet file and it still won't keep me logged in. There are, however, about a dozen cookies that windows won't let me remove from the temp file. Any suggestions?
A handy little (free) tool is move on boot. This allows you to delete persistent files at the next reboot and will get rid of those cookies.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 11-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #51
xr6turbo2005
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette01 View Post
I tried this with Chrome and it worked straight away.....

-settings
-advanced settings
-content settings
-all cookies and site data
-remove all

I then closed Chrome and opened again and clicked my AFF short cut, no more signing in
that worked for me too in Chrome. Thx

2008 FPV GT - Auto, Seduce Red, Leather Interior, Herrod Performance Air Box with K&N Pod Filter.

2018 4WD Everest Trend - Blue Reflex.
xr6turbo2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #52
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i too have had to loggin every time i visit. I tried doing what was suggested , however ,no change and i have a brand new laptop. it,s starting to pee me off now, is this supposed to be an improvement?
I am a member of a farriers forum and they tried to improve there site to, and then they stuffed it up and people were having all sorts of problems, and then the site lost 95% of its members to another site, and so far it it hasn,t recovered.
I think site owners might think that most people have a clue about computers and setting,s and stuff, but when sites are "improved" and setting,s and stuff has to happen at the user end then it can cause problems. I haven,t got a clue about computers, i,m a boilermaker.
If it,s not broke don,t fix it.

Last edited by Pis-ton broke; 11-11-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #53
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pis-ton broke View Post
i too have had to loggin every time i visit. I tried doing what was suggested , however ,no change and i have a brand new laptop. it,s starting to pee me off now, is this supposed to be an improvement?
I am a member of a farriers forum and they tried to improve there site to, and then they stuffed it up and people were having all sorts of problems, and then the site lost 95% of its members to another site, and so far it it hasn,t recovered.
I think site owners might think that most people have a clue about computers and setting,s and stuff, but when sites are "improved" and setting,s and stuff has to happen at the user end then it can cause problems. I haven,t got a clue about computers, i,m a boilermaker.
If it,s not broke don,t fix it.
Firstly, we didn't decide to perform this upgrade on a whim - the very old version of vb we were running on was no longer supported and did not work with mobile application thus rendering it less functional than it should be.

Secondly, the upgrade went through extensive testing on our test server before being implemented which is why the list of issues was relatively small for such a large upgrade.

Thirdly, the instructions provided in this thread have worked for most people, with IE9 (as noted in the thread) requiring some extra steps. If it isn't working in that browser then try installing Firefox or something similar. Also you now need to ensure that cookies are enabled as these are now mandatory. If you don't know how to do so then let me know which browser you have and I'll provide instructions.

Finally, we didn't make the decision to change how cookies were handled so that the old ones became invalid. That was done by vb in order to comply with the current standards set by the W3C.

The current expiry for AFF cookies is 1 year - I can shorten it but then everyone will expire more often and have to set a new one.

If this is your idea of a stuff up then you clearly don't have any appreciation for the enormous amount of effort that goes into ensuring that this upgrade was as smooth as it has been.

I wouldn't presume to tell you how to fabricate steel - please show the same courtesy.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #54
Pis-ton broke
Banned

"If this is your idea of a stuff up then you clearly don't have any appreciation for the enormous amount of effort that goes into ensuring that this upgrade was as smooth as it has been."

yes your right, i have no idea.

"I wouldn't presume to tell you how to fabricate steel - please show the same courtesy."

mate i,m just a member, do you want feed back? so here it is.

I have a new computer with the latest windows program. I use google , in the programs window i see windows explorer (64 bit)

If you can give a link or help, would be good. Thank you.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 PM   #55
GT
Mrs Russellw
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: All your effort in keeping me sane and on-track. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For her honest, direct and helpful advice to members. The content of her posts help many members on the forum and most times, turn a very negative thread into a postive one. 

Pis-ton broke: You would be in the minority really but what Russ is saying that could you ask nicely rather than go on the attack as it was an upgrade that Members wanted and frankly a HUGE job for him on top of his normal 60 hour week working in a 'real job". While we all appreciate Computers are challenging for some. the 'majority rule' applies here and and I would be happy for Russ to say enough for tonight and come down and eat his dinner before I heat it for the 3rd time.

See - you are not the only one inconvenienced!

Regards
Gaela

Quote:
"If this is your idea of a stuff up then you clearly don't have any appreciation for the enormous amount of effort that goes into ensuring that this upgrade was as smooth as it has been."

yes your right, i have no idea.

"I wouldn't presume to tell you how to fabricate steel - please show the same courtesy."

mate i,m just a member, do you want feed back? so here it is.

I have a new computer with the latest windows program. I use google , in the programs window i see windows explorer (64 bit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
Fact is Gaela's GTP IS the quickest NA Boss 290 Sedan now (by a long shot)
The precedent of stripping weight and using full slicks was set years ago now.

So if you want to beat em, ya gotta join em, and being manual makes the time even more credible.
GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #56
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:

I will work on the assumption that you have Internet Explorer 9 - if not then look in your browser under the help menu where you will find an 'about xxx" link that will tell you the name and version of the browser.

This LINK will tell you how to clear, enable and manage cookies for IE9.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #57
STINKY NINJA
Banned

I followed the instructions for internet explorer and i still have to log in every time.
Anybody else have an issue?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #58
Pis-ton broke
Banned

I followed the link and did exactly as it said and it fixed the loggin situation. I think the link i followed before might have been for something else. for explorer 9 follow ^^^^^ link.

thank you .mick
Old 12-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #59
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhiaEB View Post
Hi guys I'm having issues logging in on my iPhone 4. When I log in it opens a page thanking me for logging in then the next screen says I need to log in again.

Any ideas? And no I don't use taptalk or whatever the app is called.
Firefox users do this http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/...-a-single-site
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #60
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Worth noting that IE9 is a different set of instructions. If it isn't working then you either haven't managed to delete the cookies (some can be persistent) or don't have cookies enabled to get a new one.

Simple check is to try another browser that you haven't used before and if that fixes it then you know it is a cookie issue.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae