Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 24-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
BadMax
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Inconsitent bans and moderating.

I got a two day ban for allegedly avoiding the swear filter, when in fact I purposely censored the word.
So I receive a ban for using f_ing, yet I read a thread with sshhitt in it. I replied to my ban, but as usual when a mod gets pushed into a corner they simply choose not to reply.

So some quesions are raised;
Where is the consitency in moderation?
Why don't mods reply to questions about bannings?
Is this really a family forum? Realisticaly TV is probably less strict on swearing than here and has a bigger audience. Do the same people not let thier children to listen to ABC radio or purchase music with swearing?
What is the demographics of the forums users?

Please don't reply without thought. Simply saying 'if you don't like it leave' doesn't cut it.

PS. PM's have been sent and no replies.

Single hump hard lid.
XR8 Bonnet
Colour coded mirrors.
Tint.
Reverse camera.
K&N.
More down the track...
Old 24-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Inconsitent bans and moderating.

Did you send a PM to an Admin as well as a Moderator?
Old 24-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #3
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Badmax - As you have chosen to air this issue publicly, allow me as one of the forum directors to respond.
As you would NO doubt be well aware - the latest action taken against you re swearing / working around the swear filter is NOT the first time you have been asked to 'tone it down'. You have been spoken with on numerous occasions, at least one of these occasions was by one of the AFF Admin team.
In regards to the standards set here on AFF, whether you like it or not, they are in place for a reason, and are enforced by the admin/mod team to the best of their abilities in a manner suited to the individual case.
How these issues are enforced is indeed discretionary, with the ultimate aim being to curb the inappropriate behaviours. For some members a simple reminder in the thread is enough, For others, we have the disciplinary system in place(with its warnings / bans).
The site terms and conditions(T & C that are agreed upon by ALL members upon joining) are in place to keep AFF work safe, & family orientated.
I am sure that each & every member here has felt the need at one time or another in their life to let go with the occasional expletive.
The overwhelming majority of members manage to get by without the need to resort to swearing / cursing / being abusive to get their point across.
3 users like this post:
Old 24-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

...... and just a small point that has been overlooked. A warning was issued only, the ban was because of accumulated points. The ban was not because of avoiding the swear filter .......

Also removed your sig as not appropriate.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread