Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #1231
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: AFF Weight Gain/Loss Program

just a quick update.

my riding has taken a bit of a back seat of the past month or so, sad to say due to my work load, but my eating hasnt which has caused me to put on a kg here or there. Im getting back on the bike tomorrow and a few times next week for some mini training for the upcoming Amy's ride in SA on the 4th of Nov.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing good and are able to keep with their program with Summer around the corner.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2012, 01:40 AM   #1232
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been on heaps of diets but end up back at the same weight. Why, I figure my bad lifestyle. So I sold up my city place and bought another property out in the bush. Much more active lifestyle. I try to grow as much of my food as possible which has the dual benefit of being healthy and requiring me to work for it. I've been eating like a horse but still managed to drop 7kg without even trying over the last couple of months.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 26-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #1233
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Still lifting these days and all that, it all stopped when I moved to WA, but I’m getting serious about it again…Put on 1kg a week for about the last 4-5 weeks…

I’m not sure what I’m doing but my traps have taken off big time too. Must be the barbell shrugs.

Hoping to put on a few more kg by Christmas time…Gonna be in Exmouth so need a good beach body.

Haven’t been keeping a real diet plan….Basically it’s one brotein shake in the morning, smoko is a couple of pieces of fruit and dem nutz, lunch…couple of snagga rolls and a sammich. Arvo I have another brotein shake when I get home (4ish)…have a workout every second/third day, dinner is usually what’s on offer…from roasts to the good old fry ups.

If I feel I’m lagging behind in cals, I’ll smash a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in my shake or a cup of cashews instead. They are good for like 600cal to a cup!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #1234
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Got slack for a few weeks and didn't lose any more but I've hit back at it hard and I'm down to 125 from my original weight of 142. Seeing a difference already...the pants I bought when I first started working at ARB in June (which I didn't need a belt to wear) are now several sizes too big.

My target right now is 100kg so I've still got a bit to go but I'm going strong, hitting the gym pretty much every night for an hour of cardio on the bike burning 400 calories each time according to the computer.

Here's a shot of me at 142kg:

And now here's one taken yesterday at my current weight of 125 from a similar angle.

The difference is awesome so far and I can't wait to drop the next 25kg and see how I go. Can already feel that my legs, hips and face have thinned out a hell of a lot and I'm feeling heaps more energetic.

Eating healthy is second nature to me now. Eating fried, ****** food actually repulses me to the point that last night when I weighed in and realised I had hit 125, one of my milestones, I rewarded myself with Hungry Jacks for dinner and felt so sick and disgusting that I almost threw up.

I can tell that this time isn't going to be like all the others when I stop and get bored of it because I don't see results. Friends are telling me that they 'feel like there should be more of me' and that I'm looking great, and that's helping me keep motivated. All the other times in the past I've tried this before I've tried to keep it a secret out of fear of embarrassment, and because I didn't want people to judge me if I lost motivation and failed. I've never gotten this far before, 17kg lost so far so I don't see myself stopping any time soon. Having support from friends has made this heaps easier, and having an awesome gym buddy has also helped immensely.

Hoping to reach my target weight by my 22nd birthday on March 8th next year

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

Ozracing coilovers, Pedders sway bars front and rear.

315rwkw
MWTB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #1235
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWTB View Post
Got slack for a few weeks and didn't lose any more but I've hit back at it hard and I'm down to 125 from my original weight of 142. Seeing a difference already...the pants I bought when I first started working at ARB in June (which I didn't need a belt to wear) are now several sizes too big.
Well done mate, that's excellent progress already, and you're making changes which you can sustain across your whole life (unlike band-aid solutions like Tony Ferguson). You've just slashed your risk for diabetes and all the other health problems caused by obesity (arthritis, back problems, cancer, etc etc). Keep up the good work!

I have lost 10kg since I last posted in this thread (ages ago), slow progress but at least it's stayed off. Down 2 sizes in jeans!
Ford_The_Win is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #1236
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

I dont have much to report other than Im maintaining a fairly healthy 75-80kg weight. Ramping up my cycling regime to 1-2 times during the week and once on the weekends. About 80-120km in total depending on how I feel with a mix of hills, fast straights and sportive riding.

Food wise, cutting down on processed sugary foods. Eating leaner meat (with the occasional meat fest thrown in) plenty of veg, lots of fruit, nuts, and soup. No longer feel the need for fast food anymore, and if I step foot in maccas its usually for a mccafe coffee.

My vices are late night mini choccy bars. I know its bad, but I love em. I gotta kick that habit of late night snacking. Undoes my hard work.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
This user likes this post:
Old 28-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #1237
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Sometimes the little rewards like a choccy bar are what keeps you motivated, Shav!

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 29-11-2012, 02:56 AM   #1238
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_The_Win View Post
Well done mate, that's excellent progress already, and you're making changes which you can sustain across your whole life (unlike band-aid solutions like Tony Ferguson). You've just slashed your risk for diabetes and all the other health problems caused by obesity (arthritis, back problems, cancer, etc etc). Keep up the good work!

I have lost 10kg since I last posted in this thread (ages ago), slow progress but at least it's stayed off. Down 2 sizes in jeans!
Thanks man, I'll definitely be sticking with this.

10kg is a wicked effort man. I found the KGs lost were a fun figure to look at but the things that made me smile most was finding clothes that no longer fit because they are too big, not because I'm too big.

My mum bought into the Tony Ferguson **** and it was just spastic, there's no way you can do that for your whole life. And she just put whatever weight she lost straight back on when she went back to eating actual food.

My days usually go something like this:

Wake up at 8am.
Meal 1 (breakfast): Banana and an apple
Meal 2 (morning tea...usually around 11): Another piece of fruit and a protein shake (low carb, high protein)
Meal 3 (lunch time, 1pm): Whatever I bring for lunch, usually some sort of lean meat like steak or chicken and steamed vegetables.
Meal 4 (usually around 2 or 3): Protein shake and maybe another bit of fruit if I'm hungry.

Knock off work at 5.

Meal 5 (around 6): Few pieces of fruit (sometimes a whole punnet of strawberries) and some chicken or fish.
Meal 6 (around 9 or 10). Whatever I make for dinner, usually something similar to meal 3 but with more vegetables. Usually broccoli, beans, squash, zucchini, carrot, peas and whatever else I can find.

I know eating late isn't good, but I go to bed pretty late because I go to the gym around 8 - 8.30pm and go to sleep around midnight to 1am.

Water is the only liquid I drink, with the exception of coffee without sugar or green tea. I take a few protein shakes a day at work because my job is extremely physical (warehouse at Fantastic Furniture) so I'm carrying couches, moving boxes that weigh up to 75kg by hand all day and I've noticed already my arms getting much better looking. I've always been very strong having been lifting weights since I was 15 but the definition is getting much better with the weight loss and the size is getting bigger with work and the protein I'm taking in.

Sometimes I'll have some peanuts. I know they are highish in fat, but having peanuts keeps me from feeling like I could go something fatty later on. Not sure why they work like that but hey I'm not arguing with it.

Will definitely keep the page updated over the weeks and months. Hoping very much to report in with a happy figure of between 115 and 120 by new years

Just another image here too. This one really highlights how much I've lost I think, I'm really happy with it and it just makes me so much more keen to lose more!

In case you're wondering what I'm doing, it's my response to opening a truck to find that the pallets had all fallen over and knowing that everything that should have been on a pallet would now have to be picked up and moved by hand.

82lb injectors, Walbro fuel pump, bigger cooler, Plazmaman piping, SS Growler, tune, ZF tune, Crow valve springs so far.

315rwkw
Old 29-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #1239
blueoval
Critical Thinker

MWTB - looking good bloke. Make this a lifestyle change rather than a fad. You'll maintain your weight loss better.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 29-11-2012, 07:26 PM   #1240
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Thanks mate. This is definitely feeling like a lifestyle change rather than fad!

AFF has helped immensely just by allowing me to check in to this thread and see how others are going and all that...it all adds up and helps the motivation just that bit more!

315rwkw
Old 10-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #1241
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Bit of an update from me.

Anyone familiar with the 1000 steps in Ferntree Gully? It's a series of 1000 steps up a massive hill designed to replicate the Kokoda trail. Attempted it tonight.

I didn't make it to the top unfortunately. I asked a girl on her way down how much further it was and she said 'about half way' and I knew I wouldn't make it the rest of the way so I went back down. My mate (who rides a LOT of downhill mountainbiking and is exceptionally fit) made it to the top. When he met me at the car later on he told me that we were literally 5 minutes from the top. I wanted to punch myself!

I feel I did quite well though. 6 months ago I could have never made it as far as I did today, and I was climbing at the pace set by my very fit mate, so I am proud of myself for my efforts today. Will attempt it again in a months time and see how I go.

Here is some information on the 1000 steps for those not familiar:
http://www.dandenongrangesattraction...ns/1000-steps/

Next step is give up the durries.

315rwkw
Old 11-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #1242
pundit
Gazza!

Great thread, and great progress MWTB...

I have been going to the gym for the past 2 weeks and been put on a high protein diet. Been seeing a personal trainer aswell. When I first went to I weighed in at 121kg, that was 2 weeks ago, at the moment I am at 115-116 so thats not too bad... Ideal weight for me is 85Kg, as I'm only 168cm...

I still need to tighten up on my diet alot! Gotta get the other half use to what I can and can't eat the issue I come across is when I feel like a snack...

At the moment however I am doing good, Only drinking water I use to drink 2L of chocolate milk, or coke a day. Also smokes 20 - 25 darts a day and gave that up cold turkey...

My goal is to be down to 100 by late January, which should be perfectly achievable spesh with what my PT is getting me doing on courses at the gym..
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
pundit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #1243
pundit
Gazza!

Bit of a useless fact here, I saw mt PT today, and lost 5cm off my waist in 2 weeks. I know its not alot but its progress.
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
2 users like this post:
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #1244
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pundit View Post
Bit of a useless fact here, I saw mt PT today, and lost 5cm off my waist in 2 weeks. I know its not alot but its progress.
Not a useless fact at all mate. 5cm is an achievement. Good stuff, keep it up!

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #1245
pundit
Gazza!

I have slipped in the last week, eating and drinking what I shouldn't so I've climbed back up on the wagon and will see what my waste line says next fortnight
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 12-12-2012, 07:12 PM   #1246
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
christ, that's a good effort dude! What sort of exercise are you doing and what are your meals like?

315rwkw
Old 12-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #1247
pundit
Gazza!

Quote:
christ, that's a good effort dude! What sort of exercise are you doing and what are your meals like?
My PT has me on a high protein diet, and has me doing a couple of circuts...

I have something like this atleast one a day...

which is.. Lettuce, cheese, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, celery, carrot, mayo, and a little bit of ham. Sure the ham and mayo probably isn't that good but I need meet for lunch and skipped lunch today.

Otherwise I have a bowl of special k or similar in the morning, something random if I feel like it between breaky and lunch.. Lunch will be meat from the night before and some veg, in the arvo I'll have a "nice & natural nut bar", dinner is mean and veg.. mean is about the size of the plam of my hand..

Not actually a bad weight loss considering most people put on weight when they get off the durrys..

I can inbox ya one of the circuts his got me doing if you wanna give it a crack... He got me on a new one today I'll get a copy of what that is tonight or tomorrow...
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #1248
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Salad, Delicious!

Here you blokes are minimizing cals, while I'm stuffing my face with over 3200 a day.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #1249
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

@pundit,

I wouldn't worry too much about the ham. I haven't been TOO strict on what I can and can't eat, I'm just being smart about it.

I still eat roast chicken. It's not as good for you as boiled chicken, but it tastes better and it's still a lot better than take away. It also has a ******** of protein. I still drink beer and soft now and again and I still eat a lot of things many wouldn't. But I'm still losing weight because I'm exercising it off and I'm eating often to keep my metabolism going.

I've found that if I were to do the whole salad and nothing else thing then I'd get bored of it and give up because I just can't live like that and I don't think that's maintainable for me but I'm not by any means saying that's not maintainable for YOU. If that's whats working for you then dude keep going.

But long story short, don't feel guilty about having the ham, or the chicken, or the steak. It's all good for you in some way, be it protein or whatever. Sticking to things with one ingredient makes it easier to metabolise and get rid of, so maccas etc is still out of the question.

Tuna is a good friend of mine at the moment, as are bananas and strawberries. And I would very much like to see these circuits!

Also, this weeks weigh in is 122.9. Down from 142. My first 20kg. Looking for another 25 or 30 to be gone so I'm about half way

315rwkw

Last edited by MWTB; 12-12-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 23-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #1250
pundit
Gazza!

I have been getting a little lazy and slack latley. Had a PT sesh last tuesday and I didnt lose anything, that being said i also didnt put on anything from the previous week which is always a good thing. Ate a bit of xrap tho too abd drank a bit of soft drink.

Any luck i can lose atleast a kg this week, my next PT seshvis on boxing day which is going ti be some what intrestibg being derictly after christmas. But i have lost a couple of hundred grams which ia better than nothing i guess.

Been looking into pre workout supplaments, might try them to see how I go.

What do you guys think a decent ammount if weght to lose would be a week? My PT said i should be 100 by the ebd of march, currently 114. Sorta thought i should be able to do it before then.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
11.79 @ 122mph

RIP 2006 - 2017
Old 23-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #1251
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

If you want a good preworkout supp, get on ACG3. It's much better than original Jack3d in my experiences because it doesn't give me tremors, increased heartrate or tingles. ACG3 just puts me in the best mood and makes me want to do nothing but exercise.

315rwkw
Old 30-12-2012, 01:18 AM   #1252
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Anyone familiar with the 1000 steps in Ferntree Gully? It's a series of 1000 steps up a massive hill designed to replicate the Kokoda trail. Attempted it tonight.
Yup, it's a great place and it's free and easy to get to from the city. You can go walking on the trails afterwards having D & M's with your mates. The air is pretty clean and we've seen wombats, lyrebirds, kangaroos (wallabies?), echidnas, etc.

The first time I went up there with some friends I thought that I was reasonably fit and still had to stop 2 times on the way up. The galling thing was that one of my friends was a few kilos heavier than me and a heavy smoker. She just steamed past me.

You see everyone up there using it; Army reservists in kit doing a few circuits, health freaks running up and down it, footy teams, normal people like us and if you're lucky a few hotties are in front of you.

Other Stuff 1 - I wouldn't get hung up on the weight numbers. I'm up and down by about 4 kilos during the week (comparing "wet" and "dry" weights?) and muscle puts on weight as well. See how a rugby player has an overweight BMI for example. You're getting healthier, you'll hopefully live a longer and healthier life and you can feel it.

Other Stuff 2 - When you hit your target weight you could give Bikram Yoga a go http://www.bikramyogagw.com.au/home.htm . It's the hardest stuff I do all week and it kicks the **** out of me. 90 minutes at 38 degrees wearing just shorts and doing hellishly contorted (to me) poses with sweat pouring off you. But I find that it's great for posture, sleeping, flexibility, stamina and mental focus. At first you feel like a dill, but the clients are good, no one cares about looks, it's friendlier than most gyms, the staff are great and a good session makes you grin for days afterwards. It took me about 5 goes to get in to it.
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #1253
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K View Post
Yup, it's a great place and it's free and easy to get to from the city. You can go walking on the trails afterwards having D & M's with your mates. The air is pretty clean and we've seen wombats, lyrebirds, kangaroos (wallabies?), echidnas, etc.

The first time I went up there with some friends I thought that I was reasonably fit and still had to stop 2 times on the way up. The galling thing was that one of my friends was a few kilos heavier than me and a heavy smoker. She just steamed past me.

You see everyone up there using it; Army reservists in kit doing a few circuits, health freaks running up and down it, footy teams, normal people like us and if you're lucky a few hotties are in front of you.

Other Stuff 1 - I wouldn't get hung up on the weight numbers. I'm up and down by about 4 kilos during the week (comparing "wet" and "dry" weights?) and muscle puts on weight as well. See how a rugby player has an overweight BMI for example. You're getting healthier, you'll hopefully live a longer and healthier life and you can feel it.

Other Stuff 2 - When you hit your target weight you could give Bikram Yoga a go http://www.bikramyogagw.com.au/home.htm . It's the hardest stuff I do all week and it kicks the **** out of me. 90 minutes at 38 degrees wearing just shorts and doing hellishly contorted (to me) poses with sweat pouring off you. But I find that it's great for posture, sleeping, flexibility, stamina and mental focus. At first you feel like a dill, but the clients are good, no one cares about looks, it's friendlier than most gyms, the staff are great and a good session makes you grin for days afterwards. It took me about 5 goes to get in to it.
I definitely enjoyed the view (the young hotties). I did stop twice as well. I used the plaques on the side of the track as an excuse :3

I'm not too worried about the KGs, I'm more looking at my waistline. I've been lifting a lot of weights over cardio recently so my weight has gone up from 121 to 125 but I know that isn't 4KG of fat because my eating habits are still the same and my pants are still getting looser.

That yoga stuff looks decent, I might give it a go. I'm also looking into taking up Muay Thai once I quit smoking in the new year.

315rwkw
Old 31-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #1254
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Been looking into pre workout supplaments, might try them to see how I go.
Water with a teaspoon of creatine powder.

All you need. Just make sure you eat an hour or so before your workout.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #1255
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6_661 View Post
Water with a teaspoon of creatine powder.

All you need. Just make sure you eat an hour or so before your workout.
A teaspoon is probably too much. Measure out 5 grams on a scale and then remember approx how much that is each time you make your shake.

Hit up some preworkout stims like ACG3, Jack3d Micro, Mesomorph, Craze etc for intense workouts that just go forever because you're that psyched up.

Creatine and Glutamine are good. Creatine will hold off the lactic acid for a few extra reps so you can get a bit more work in than usual. Glutamine aids in muscle recovery. It also makes you sleep REALLY well.

Post workout you'll want to use some good whey protein, low carb if you're trying to lose weight. Before bed you can also take some Micellar Casein protein which is a sustained release protein which releases over 6-8 hours (while you sleep).

315rwkw
Old 02-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #1256
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
A teaspoon is probably too much. Measure out 5 grams on a scale and then remember approx how much that is each time you make your shake.

Hit up some preworkout stims like ACG3, Jack3d Micro, Mesomorph, Craze etc for intense workouts that just go forever because you're that psyched up.

Creatine and Glutamine are good. Creatine will hold off the lactic acid for a few extra reps so you can get a bit more work in than usual. Glutamine aids in muscle recovery. It also makes you sleep REALLY well.

Post workout you'll want to use some good whey protein, low carb if you're trying to lose weight. Before bed you can also take some Micellar Casein protein which is a sustained release protein which releases over 6-8 hours (while you sleep).
I work off a teaspoon...roughly 5 grams.

Also, creatine may make you bloated, I don't have issues with it personally...

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1257
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
I work off a teaspoon...roughly 5 grams.

Also, creatine may make you bloated, I don't have issues with it personally...
Ah rightio. There's too many spoon sizes for me to wrap my head around...cake spoon, dessert spoon

Creatine doesn't bloat me at all and I don't cycle it as often as I should either. The only side affects I get from creatine is that I get stomach aches and diarrhea if I take too much, especially if it doesn't dissolve in the shake properly.

315rwkw
Old 03-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #1258
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

I find if I have it with any less that 600ml of water, I feel like crap.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #1259
MWTB
I'm old and I fell

Quote:
I find if I have it with any less that 600ml of water, I feel like crap.
That's rough man. What brand are you using and is it flavoured or unflavoured?

My preworkout shake =

350ml water
3 scoops of ACG3
5g Creatine
5g Glutamine (if I'm still sore from the day before)

Post workout shake =
2 scoops (65 grams protein) Iso Sensation whey protein
5g Creatine
5g Glutamine.

2 multivitamins per day as well, as well as 3 litres of water absolute minimum. Usually 4 litres at least.

On big lifting days I also have 2 scoops of myocell-sr protein before bed.

315rwkw
Old 06-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #1260
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

So ... have been putting this off for a bit now ... more so a lack of motivation more than anything.

Cut a long story short ... I have managed to get to about 98-99kg at the moment.
I'm a whisker under 5 foot 11 inches (179 cm) to go with it.

I also suffer from a hereditary Cholesterol condition where adjusting diet does not lower cholesterol ... and have been on medication since age of 12 (35 now)

I need to move more than anything ... my diet is fairly good with the odd bad day I guess. I have adjusting coffee and soft drink intake and swapped it mainly for water more than anything and this I do feel better for.

One thing that does make it hard is that I do shift work and a lot of nightshift. I have a 3yo boy ... and another on the way.

This year I want to do something about it ... as I know that if i don't keep it in check I'll end up going the way of my Father .... who died at 40 (due to the fact that he had the condition unbeknown to him).

Anyway ... want to get my life back on track really ... and want to live longer than 40 as well.

Going to ease myself into some cardio ... I know from prior experience of going all out to start with ... I ended up in pain which made it harder to persist with it.

Will try and track my course over the next coming months and see if i can keep up with it ... or fail miserably.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post