Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #31
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by our_blue_xr6
i'm 6 foot and weigh 10 stone, must be one hellava tablet, sign me up for a truck load. seriously i've tried to put weight on heaps of times and never gained an ounce.

jeebus, i weigh the same as you but i'm only 5'8". shall we say race car driver material :hihi:
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 09:42 AM   #32
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

I thought I might update how things are going for me. It's been about 3 weeks now and I've lost 7kgs. I haven't been doing as much exercise as I had planned but I think running after 3 kids is exercise enough lol. I've adapted really well to this new healthy eating - definately feel alot better and my BSL has dropped a little too which is a good thing

How's everyone else doing?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 11:29 AM   #33
parawolf
beep beep

Well weigh in was Wednesday night... i'm now 90.1kg so in about 6 weeks its 4.4kg. Thats a nice steady drop
Old 04-02-2005, 11:49 AM   #34
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Hey wow, I should have caught this thread earlier.

I am a vegetarian for a healthier lifestyle (looking seriously at becoming vegan) but still weigh a tonne. You know how all those veggies seem to look whispy thin, almost sickly? NOT ME dammit.

So I joined Weight Watchers for the second time on Wed 2nd Feb and have a fair bit to lose (let's just say less than 20kg!)... don't want to say much on here cos I'll go redder than my hair

I went about 4 years ago and lost 16kg (didn't get to my weight loss goal), then by August last year I had put 12kg back on... I've been swimming and eating healthier since then and have since lost 9kg.

I'm very slow when it comes to weight loss, something about my body likes to hold onto the excess kilos no matter what I do about it. I mean, I'm a fkn veggo and I am still fat!

So now to drop another 20kg in the next month for the NSW FF meet... :nutsycuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #35
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindi
I'm very slow when it comes to weight loss, something about my body likes to hold onto the excess kilos no matter what I do about it.
That's sorta the same for me except, I'll lose quite alot and fast in the beginning and then it slows down to the point where it might take 2 months to lose 2kgs. But I have to say, I've dropped about 30kgs in since last year without even trying. Being a night owl, someone suggested that because I get on average on 3/4hrs sleep a night (most nights) that my metabolism works hard while I'm awake and with lack of sleep. Don't know if that's true. Plus I run around the house all day cleaning (I'm not a freak lol but I have a mild case of OCD so everything has to be neat, clean and in it's place)

Rather than join Weight Watchers, I just buy all the foods and recently bought their new cookbook, which is great I must say! Oh well, another year of sleepless nights and I should be down another 30kgs LOL. Nah, I'm aiming for another 13kgs and that's it for me
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 04-02-2005, 01:21 PM   #36
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU_Fairmont -S-
Plus I run around the house all day cleaning (I'm not a freak lol but I have a mild case of OCD so everything has to be neat, clean and in it's place)
Oh come to my place ANYTIME my friend, it is in need of a serious clean

Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #37
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

Quote:

I am a vegetarian for a healthier lifestyle (looking seriously at becoming vegan) but still weigh a tonne. You know how all those veggies seem to look whispy thin, almost sickly? NOT ME dammit.
That's actually not true, I saw on a show like A Current Affair or Today Tonight where a lot of veggies had weight problems..

Love your sig about the choc bar lol.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs

Last edited by XR8GRL; 04-02-2005 at 01:53 PM.
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #38
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Oh come to my place ANYTIME my friend, it is in need of a serious clean
Errr yeah no worries :P
Old 04-02-2005, 02:16 PM   #39
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

G'day all.
Well I'm pretty rapt atm, I started my diet on the 12th of Jan, this was my due date back at work, I weigh myself on the very first day back at work, so I'm due for my next weigh in on the 6th Feb so atm
I've lost 6 kgs, ya really notice the difference when it comes off.
A little more energy, more mobility and my incentive to do things has been really lifted.
Congrats to all who have lost or are trying to gain weight, can't wait to see somemore positive post's.
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 02:26 PM   #40
bindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRGirl
That's actually not true, I saw on a show like A Current Affair or Today Tonight where a lot of veggies had weight problems..
Oh! That makes me feel better! Well I am a veggo (2 years now) cos I am a bit of a hippy and don't like the thought of eating meat... and now if I do eat a little chicken or anything I really feel it. That is why I am thinking of stopping eggs and dairy altogether to see if there is even more of a difference. I'm not doing this for a weight loss thing, just an inner health thing. Just that being vegan has its drawbacks when you try to eat at a restaurant... that's kinda what's holding me back from the committment.

But then again, I am sure that shows like Today Tonight and A Current Affair have been known to blow things just slightly out of proportion ("All P platers should be brought to a priest for exorcism" and that kinda thing) lol

Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 02:28 PM   #41
bindi

Oh and Yum Yum and Au Fairmont S, congrats on the weight loss!!!

It's such a hard road. I've lost 9kg and my clothes are all too big now, they hang off me. It becomes a little difficult - do you go out and buy new clothes that will become loose in a few months or do you put up with the baggyness until you can't take it anymore?

How is everyone else's weight loss going?

Quote:
Old 04-02-2005, 05:55 PM   #42
Franky
Bring back the Phase

I've only been doing it for about 3 weeks and lost around 2 kg. I feel a lot better drinking water than coke
Franky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 07:23 PM   #43
Tornado
AKA MYTE8

Down to 70kg now, 2 more to go, then I will see if I need to loose more.
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 07:31 PM   #44
Thornie
Off smelting

get on the speed youll be out clubbing and dancing every weekend youll lose weight in a matter of weeks
Thornie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #45
bindi

Rattus,

When and where and I'll be there

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005, 08:43 AM   #46
bindi

So who's lost/gained weight since the last time they posted?

Hooray, I lost 600g, not much but better than a weight gain! Next week will be much more

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005, 11:40 AM   #47
Yum-Yum
My 1st set of Wings!!!

Quote:
So who's lost/gained weight since the last time they posted?

Hooray, I lost 600g, not much but better than a weight gain! Next week will be much more
Way to go Bindi :Reverend:

Well I've managed to drop another 5kgs since my last post, started my diet on the 12th Jan, so that makes 11 all up so far. I'm suprised I haven't gained any...I kinda fell off the wagon a couple of times :dr_Evil:
So all in all I've gone from 150kg's to 139kg's as of 6th Feb, and feeling great.
Still got a fair ways to go yet. I want to get to around 110 - 120kgs and put on some muscle.
Also just wondering what everyones main motivation was to loose weight, mine was kinda sad as it had to do with my 8 y/o son. I'd been planning for a long time to do it, but never really did anything positive about it until I came home from work and found my son crying his little heart out. When I asked what was wrong? He told me he had been in a fight with his friend. Why? Because they said my son's dad was fat. My son was defending me, and I almost cried myself, that was my defining moment, I don't want my son to fight battles that he has no control over in the sense that my weight problem was my own and he shouldn't have to defend me because of it.
My motivation comes from my kids, and when they're happy I feel stronger, so my success with weight loss should be shared with them as well.

Enough dribble lol how's everyone else doing.
Yum-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #48
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yum-Yum
Way to go Bindi :Reverend:

Well I've managed to drop another 5kgs since my last post, started my diet on the 12th Jan, so that makes 11 all up so far. I'm suprised I haven't gained any...I kinda fell off the wagon a couple of times :dr_Evil:
So all in all I've gone from 150kg's to 139kg's as of 6th Feb, and feeling great.
Still got a fair ways to go yet. I want to get to around 110 - 120kgs and put on some muscle.
Also just wondering what everyones main motivation was to loose weight, mine was kinda sad as it had to do with my 8 y/o son. I'd been planning for a long time to do it, but never really did anything positive about it until I came home from work and found my son crying his little heart out. When I asked what was wrong? He told me he had been in a fight with his friend. Why? Because they said my son's dad was fat. My son was defending me, and I almost cried myself, that was my defining moment, I don't want my son to fight battles that he has no control over in the sense that my weight problem was my own and he shouldn't have to defend me because of it.
My motivation comes from my kids, and when they're happy I feel stronger, so my success with weight loss should be shared with them as well.

Enough dribble lol how's everyone else doing.
Way to go Yum-Yum

For me, without going into too much detail, a very nasty comment had been made and after that I thought well I got nothing else to do may aswell drop a few kilos and fit into society lol.

Currently I'm a L/16-18 and I'm aiming to be an even 16. That'll do me
Old 10-02-2005, 01:48 PM   #49
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Ive lost 3 inches off my gut and dropped 4 kgs.Starting to wear clothes better and getting comments from family.Must tbe slowly working....
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 02:05 PM   #50
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

LOL I notice no 3FB members have contributed to this thread....Fast food is part of the constitution !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 02:39 PM   #51
bindi

Oh ya poor thing Yum Yum, when you hurt for your kids it is sad...

My motivation was a friend I hadn't seen in ages said to me "Oh my god, you didn't tell me you were pregnant again!" :tool: Charming hey?

Well done Yum Yum! Well done Useless! Well done everyone!

Quote:
Old 10-02-2005, 04:34 PM   #52
Franky
Bring back the Phase

what is everyone doing to lose so much?

I still can't get under 103kg i've been that since my last post
Old 10-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #53
MaD_KiWi
Happy as Larry

Im still hovering around 78-80kgs, but i have been laying off the weights for a while now since i hurt my back, so loosing muscle defintion,

Simon
MaD_KiWi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 06:42 PM   #54
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

damn, i wish i was 80kg....
Im down to 103kg from 113kg in 2 months.... : :hihi:
Its all thanks to eating right and PT 5 days a week.

"Diets are bad for your body" - My Dietician
Old 10-02-2005, 07:01 PM   #55
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

ive lost 20kgs in 6 months through no carb diet for the first 3 months (lost about 10kg easy as shit) and training hard eating right to get the other 10kgs down

just watch what u eat when u eat.
only salads after 9pm
dont eat if ur going to be asleep in under 2 hours
carb breakfast is enought carbs for the day
if u need 2 meals at once to fill u up starve urself for 2 weeks and let your stomach shrink then get into the routine of 3 meals a day and it will be easy to stick to.

ive been weight training 4 days a week (sometimes 5) for the last month and have stuck at my same weight but definately gotten a bit more solid. much more definition in my body.

40 mins of cardio a day is required if u want to lose body fat and "rip up"

i went from 105 and im sitting around 85 without using drugs or supplements. only now ive started on protein shakes and creatine to help build muscle.

that sums me up

Last edited by Ruger; 10-02-2005 at 07:02 PM.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-02-2005, 11:05 PM   #56
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger
let your stomach shrink then get into the routine of 3 meals a day and it will be easy to stick to.
Oh yeah I forgot that too. Except I didn't exactly do it on purpose. Last year I copped severe food poisoning and I couldn't eat food for a good 2 weeks (it was that bad) My stomach just wouldn't allow it. It had shrunk that much, it got to the point where I could barely put any food into it and even now, it's still the same. As an example - I use to be able to easily scoff 2 sandwiches but after that happen to me, I could barely eat the crust of a sandwich because my stomach would completely bloat up. And even now that I'm following this healthy eating plan, I'll admit I don't eat everything on the day's menu because my stomach won't allow it.

Now I'm not suggesting that y'all go out and get food poisoning to shrink your stomachs lol but anyone that's been through it, will understand exactly what I'm saying.

Oh there may be a rumour about me eating a couple BBQ sausages on Dyno day in delicious buttered bread and cooked onions covered in sauce :sm_drool: aheemmmm it's all lies I tell ya _
Old 11-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #57
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Christ I cant wait to get back into it, this is driving me crazy... had a absyst removed from the base of my spine last november(baseball sized!). They cant close the wound up because the risk of infection is to great, and Im not allowed to sweat. So I have a nurse come out every day to change the dressing, its almost healed. As a result I cant go to work(lead refinery) because my employers have a open wound policy, lucky for unlimited full paid sick leave!
Before the operation I was gym'n up to 6 days a week(spilt program)and I walked 8km every day plus my job is very physical, at that point I had a nice 6pac developed and was quite muscled/strong. It depress's me a bit as I used to be overweight and very unfit, I use to smoke a pack a day and other stuff, drank like a fish and would eat anything without no exersize at all, I ended up at 104kg(179cm)I had man boobs, was a skinny 65kg rake in the teens!
So I decided to give up that life style, gave up smoking, stopped drinking, started exersizing. That was about 4yrs ago, so Ive been on a health kick for several years then it came to a sudden halt, talk about being fidgity insane. Didnt know what to do with myself, I've taken up woodwork otherwise Id be insane by now!
Hopefully I get the all clear from the doc on the 28th of this month, restart my life again, lost nearly all my defintion and Ive gained about 5kgs in body weight(proberly around 15-20kg in fat)and weigh in at 90kg ATM my ideal is about 70-5kg(without the muslced gym yuppie look), I cant help the weight gain as Im a big eater(I can eat 2 footlongs...easy)
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 AM   #58
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have gone from 102kg to under 95kg on Herbalife since Christmas, with very little pain.
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #59
Franky
Bring back the Phase

herbalife? what's that
Old 12-02-2005, 02:31 PM   #60
XP6
Formerly ST170ish

Herbs are green and green is nice man...
Herbalife is a brand of heath products and hippy remdies!
XP6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post