Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 28-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Fuel Pump o rings

Just had the mechanic replace the daughters fuel pump on her 1999 Cougar but now its spraying fuel everywhere. The o rings are shot. He can't track down any. Does anyone know where to get an o ring kit for these??
Thanks.
Mesa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #2
REDDYZ

Default Re: Fuel Pump o rings

www.rockauto.com has fuel pump gaskets (O ring). If you're after the O rings of the hoses that goes into the pump ebay might be the best option or there will be heaps of generic O ring sets to match the one needed. Sometimes Ford spares can help as those parts might still be in use on other cars.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 29-01-2016, 07:48 AM   #3
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Thanks REDDYZ. Much appreciated!!!
Old 02-03-2016, 11:49 PM   #4
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

How did ypou go with the O ring? Are you referring to part 11 of the attached picture? If so there are two different o rings for Cougar. 1 for 1/6/1999 to 31/07/1999 Part number XS8Z 9276 AB. 2 from 1/8/1999 on part number XS2Z 9276 AA. If you let me know exactly which one you need, I can do a bit of a search to see if anybody has any..

Cougar Fuel.pdf

Cheers.

PS sorry for the late post and hope you have fixed your issue, just saw it and willing to help if required.
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #5
Mesa
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Thanks GTLEGEND.

The workshop where she had it ended up going through gaskets and o rings at a couple of local parts place and found one. I'm surprised the new pump didn't come with them.

It's running far better but still hesitates a little bit. She's replacing the plugs next.

Great little car!!
Old 17-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #6
thearrow

You were so lucky finding the correct replacement as I had no end of trouble. FYI Ford in the USA used at least 6 different types of fuel pumps in Cougars as they continually had problems. In the end 2001 they completely changed the fuel system.

When mine went my mechanic had to cobble together the old one with the new one I bought from the UK to make it work. I was a HUGE problem.

Good to own but "High Maintenance"

2000 Model Eibach Cougar (Auto) - Now dead & buried
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: