Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 06-07-2018, 05:55 PM   #31
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: June 2018 vFacts

my i20 is the same, 4 years old, only replaced the battery. Just keeps going like the energizer bunny.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #32
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The graphical stats for the month of June are now uploaded to the Tech Portal.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 06-07-2018, 08:41 PM   #33
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozpacman View Post
At least you left my little i30 oil-burner alone this time! Every time I wash it I tell it, "MM says you're a heap of poop and don't deserve to be on our roads."

Damn thing doesn't listen to a word I say - just insists on purring along and making me wait 800 Klicks between bowser visits.

I must get around to buying a decent car one of these days...
I30 is better car than Thai junk pretending to be Japanese or American. The last time I rented one, I was impressed by the fit and finish. It was put together a lot better than the Thai cars: Lancer, current Corolla Sedan or worse Nissan Micra, that thing was a turd. The i30 also happened to be made in the Czech Republic, which was a pleasant surprise.
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #34
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
I30 is better car than Thai junk pretending to be Japanese or American. The last time I rented one, I was impressed by the fit and finish. It was put together a lot better than the Thai cars: Lancer, current Corolla Sedan or worse Nissan Micra, that thing was a turd. The i30 also happened to be made in the Czech Republic, which was a pleasant surprise.
So are you saying your “top shelf” I30 is great because it is made by Europeans / Caucasians ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2018, 11:01 PM   #35
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
So are you saying your “top shelf” I30 is great because it is made by Europeans / Caucasians ?
Only the N model is built in Europe the rest are from south Korea.

Funny the rolla is still from Japan as was the lancer.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:56 PM   #36
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Get your facts right mate
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 01:03 PM   #37
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Back on topic,
Fiesta (23), Ecosport (92) and Mondeo (160) are now not worth the time and effort
Ford should stop wasting time bring such poor selling models here, it's embarrassing.
They should be looking at new products like RWD Explorer and V6 diesel F150
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #38
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Back on topic,
Fiesta (23), Ecosport (92) and Mondeo (160) are now not worth the time and effort
Ford should stop wasting time bring such poor selling models here, it's embarrassing.
Well that might happen.
Ford is stopping all production of cars except the Mustang and Focus in the American market.

By 2020, almost 90% will be pickups, SUVs and commercial vehicles.
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #39
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Back on topic,
Had a conversation with my local dealer salesman while waiting for our Transit Custom service. I stated, to his disappointment instead of buying another Transit Custom I bought a Renault Trafic Crewvan lifestyle pack. I asked why Ford don't offer their version here and the standard reply was "because not enough sales to justify it".

Keeping my cool because the salesman has no product manager power at Ford Aust. so it's not his fault....I replied well actually "only an idiot would visit the Ford Aust. website, see that the Crewvan variant wasn't available and then come into a dealership and try to buy one". It's the "chicken and egg" argument. Yet Renault sell more Trafic's then the Transit Custom and they don't have an auto version.

With the Transit Custom, by the time you option an aftermarket second row seats, bulkhead for behind this, windows in the sliding doors, dual sliding doors, etc..you are nearly $10K above the Trafics price. And the Trafic came with metallic paint, alloys, factory 6 seats, solid rear bulkhead, dual sliding doors with opening windows, sun shades... all for at least $10K less then an optioned Transit Custom.

If you have to wait 4 + months for a factory order just bloody well increase the option list and lobby the government to cut the redtape and costs involved in certifying different variants for our market.

If the car companies want to monopolise by lobbying against parallel importation then they should push very hard with the argument to our Fed. government...."If a vehicle meets UK regs it should be good enough for here!"

And jpd80....I'd love an all new Explorer if it's going to look a little like the Lincoln Aviator.

Last edited by Dr Smith; 07-07-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Dr Smith is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #40
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

The Quarter 2 Segment Review is also now uploaded to the Tech Portal.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 04:06 PM   #41
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw View Post
The Quarter 2 Segment Review is also now uploaded to the Tech Portal.

Cheers
Russ
Cheers Russ. Noticed a small mistake though - the "SUV small" segment has percentages listed twice, instead of the actual figures.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2018, 04:37 PM   #42
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Cheers Russ. Noticed a small mistake though - the "SUV small" segment has percentages listed twice, instead of the actual figures.
Won't be much use to then will it. I've updated the file.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #43
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
Well that might happen.
Ford is stopping all production of cars except the Mustang and Focus in the American market.

By 2020, almost 90% will be pickups, SUVs and commercial vehicles.
Focus production has already ended in the US, inventory is now down to about 50,000.
There's now a big cloud over importing Focus Active from China to the USA thanks to new Tariffs.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:55 PM   #44
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
Had a conversation with my local dealer salesman while waiting for our Transit Custom service. I stated, to his disappointment instead of buying another Transit Custom I bought a Renault Trafic Crewvan lifestyle pack. I asked why Ford don't offer their version here and the standard reply was "because not enough sales to justify it".

Keeping my cool because the salesman has no product manager power at Ford Aust. so it's not his fault....I replied well actually "only an idiot would visit the Ford Aust. website, see that the Crewvan variant wasn't available and then come into a dealership and try to buy one". It's the "chicken and egg" argument. Yet Renault sell more Trafic's then the Transit Custom and they don't have an auto version.

With the Transit Custom, by the time you option an aftermarket second row seats, bulkhead for behind this, windows in the sliding doors, dual sliding doors, etc..you are nearly $10K above the Trafics price. And the Trafic came with metallic paint, alloys, factory 6 seats, solid rear bulkhead, dual sliding doors with opening windows, sun shades... all for at least $10K less then an optioned Transit Custom.

If you have to wait 4 + months for a factory order just bloody well increase the option list and lobby the government to cut the redtape and costs involved in certifying different variants for our market.

If the car companies want to monopolise by lobbying against parallel importation then they should push very hard with the argument to our Fed. government...."If a vehicle meets UK regs it should be good enough for here!"

And jpd80....I'd love an all new Explorer if it's going to look a little like the Lincoln Aviator.
I hear your frustration.
Strange that Traffic doesn't have a DSG box like the big Master but oh well...

Of course there's new Focus in the works but not sure when Thailand will switch and what versions we get.
Fiesta is a goner, pity because I think Fiesta ST should stay, Ford please import from Germany

Reading sales reports of Aussie designed CD4 Taurus in China, very disappointing that
the big car sell barely 1,000 a month, maybe try here as our "Commodore " alternative..
Gotta be better than Mondeo's 160 sales.

Quote:
Our Australian standards are supposed to be in the process of harmonisation with EU standards,
just drop all the ADRs and go with EU specs like New Zealand and cut out 90% of the BS

Quote:
IMO, FoA needs it's own Jeep Grand Cherokee and a big diesel Pick Up as product above Ranger
Those two would be easy sells to a lot of what Ford should be considering valued customers

Last edited by jpd80; 07-07-2018 at 07:01 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #45
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I hear your frustration.

Of course there's new Focus in the works but not sure when Thailand will switch and what versions we get.
Fiesta is a goner, pity because I think Fiesta ST should stay, Ford please import from Germany

Reading sales reports of Aussie designed CD4 Taurus in China, very disappointing that
the big car sell barely 1,000 a month, maybe try here as our "Commodore " alternative..

Our Australian standards are supposed to be in the process of harmonisation with EU standards,
just drop all the ADRs and go with EU specs like New Zealand and cut out 90% of the BS

IMO, FoA needs it's own Jeep Grand Cherokee and a big diesel Pick Up as product above Ranger
Those two would be easy sells to a lot of what Ford should be considering valued customers
I think the Master auto is a semi-automated single clutch and if it's like the old pre-2014 Trafic it's better it isn't used. I'm guessing the next Trafic will gain some form of auto/dsg as it's twinned with the Vauxhall Vivaro and they let out a new model was coming in 2019.

I totally agree about a model range above Ranger.

I also bought one of the last Territory's in early 2017 and I've decided none of my vehicles will ever be kept after 3 years and although it's doing low kays my next vehicle will need to have heated driving seats (how did I survived in Melb. without them, lol), decent smooth power, all the tech and to be frank I'm not fussed about fuel economy...I keep thinking about a Trackhawk but then think I'll go "cheap" and an SRT will do....and then I keep watching YouTube vids of the new Lincoln Aviator and wonder when I win Powerball do I convert it to RHD here or in the US before shipping because it would probably still be cheaper then buying a supercharged Range Rover.
2 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 12:15 PM   #46
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Finally, we've posted the Truck Sales stats for the June half.

Interestingly, truck sales have increased by 17.74% this year to date, which is significantly more growth than the passenger segment has shown. In fact, most of that increase has been in the larger end of the market which has grown by more than 34%.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

4 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #47
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
I also bought one of the last Territory's in early 2017 and I've decided none of my vehicles will ever be kept after 3 years and although it's doing low kays my next vehicle will need to have heated driving seats (how did I survived in Melb. without them, lol).
I had the same thoughts about keeping a car for more than 3 years, due to the high kilometres I do, but now that Ford offers a 5 year and unlimited kilometre warranty, I may keep my Mustang for longer.

I also never thought I'd use the heated seat function, and would only use the air conditioned seat feature in the Pony in summer (being leather), but I was wrong.

In recent years, now I'm almost 60, I have more lower back niggles, and the heated seat combined with heated lumbar support has made a world of difference to my back!
GO FURTHER is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 08-07-2018, 10:03 PM   #48
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
I hear your frustration.

Fiesta ST is coming here. It’s the only version of the fiesta we will get.

I like the taurus (very comfy to drive), but its only made in lhd. Not enough sales to ever get it rhd either. Plus china spec cars are quite different in a lot of ways than us or euro spec cars are.

Ford exec said recently they are looking at explorer. If they do make it rhd.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2018, 02:28 AM   #49
stefcio007
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My co-worker bought an i20/i30 last month to replace her Focus which honestly sounded like it was about to die. The Focus/Fiesta saga pretty much killed the Ford brand for small cars. Still, they are going to show off the 2019 Focus locally here, interested to see what buzz it will generate and if they can turn that into sales.
stefcio007 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #50
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

I like the taurus (very comfy to drive), but its only made in lhd. Not enough sales to ever get it rhd either. Plus china spec cars are quite different in a lot of ways than us or euro spec cars are.

Thank you, a glimmer of hope
Old 09-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #51
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Back on topic,
What about Focus?

That segment still rates highly just below the 4 cab utes
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2018, 11:56 AM   #52
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post

Just wondering, with the ending of sedans in the USA announced, would they need some increased production volume that could easily happen with some RHD builds if rhd models are also developed in future. Also do they "batch-build" rhd Mustang now and Edge/Endura in Canada?
Old 09-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #53
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Escape cant be doing very well either, is it that bad compared to a CX5? how will the Endura go - long time coming.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #54
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Escape cant be doing very well either, is it that bad compared to a CX5? how will the Endura go - long time coming.
Endura is on Ford website. must be soon.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #55
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Still very little info we get a diesel, but America only get Petrol. - I think.
they also get a 250KW Edge ST - so will we get an Endura ST
Old 09-07-2018, 04:16 PM   #56
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Still very little info we get a diesel, but America only get Petrol. - I think.
they also get a 250KW Edge ST - so will we get an Endura ST
We will get Endura ST Line, a rebadge of the UK's Edge ST Line with 2.0 diesel...

but we are not deserving of 2.0 Ecoboost or 2.7 Ecoboost because Ford thinks that
no one in Australia wants the performance versions or they can't be F***ed to even try..
They need to keep running through CEOs until one starts to listen to the market and wants
to sell more than just vanilla poo that people can get cheaper from Toyota or Hyundai..

Last edited by jpd80; 09-07-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:28 PM   #57
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
I hear your frustration.

We still get Fiesta ST and also our new Focus line up is built in Germany.

For anyone doubting Escape there is nothing wrong with it. Ford lost traction with it when they called it Kuga and ever since then its struggled. Its probably the best car in that segment if you ask me, and is better then the CX5. Sadly you cannot beat Mazdas reputation and resale values, they absolutely kill Kuga / Escape.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2018, 05:29 PM   #58
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
We will get Endura ST Line, a rebadge of the UK's Edge ST Line with 2.0 diesel...

but we are not deserving of 2.0 Ecoboost or 2.7 Ecoboost because Ford thinks that
no one in Australia wants the performance versions or they can't be F***ed to even try..
They need to keep running through CEOs until one starts to listen to the market and wants
to sell more than just vanilla poo that people can get cheaper from Toyota or Hyundai..

Territory sales figures are why we get no Petrol option in Endura. They were hard to sell, the figures and holding days don't lie, the only reason Petrol Territory lasted till the end was to help keep Geelong pumping.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #59
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Territory sales figures are why we get no Petrol option in Endura. They were hard to sell, the figures and holding days don't lie, the only reason Petrol Territory lasted till the end was to help keep Geelong pumping.
could of should of had the v6 ecoboost in Falcon & territory. would have set them up better for now..
Old 09-07-2018, 08:06 PM   #60
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
However they don't have to keep a local production line going with local only sales as per Territory days. I'd buy a 2.7V6 Ecoboost just because I miss my G6ET but don'y enjoy stepping down into a sedan anymore. Its a 50+ y.o. thing