Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM   #1
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Default K&N Filters

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=57-0686

Have anyone had this installed in your 2009 WS Ford Fiesta models?
are they worth it? Do tell.

Old 13-06-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: K&N Filters

I have the KN panel filter installed. $80 and completely legal. U will notice that the link states that the kit you're looking at may not be legal: if the pod filter is exposed (ie: not enclosed in factory or engineered aftermarket box) then it is defectable. Big fine + void insurance. I'd just stick with the panel filter: the induction kit won't see any big gains anyways: panel filter = slightly better throttle response, induction noise + works out cheaper than buying the ford factory air filter every 30K @ $50...(when mine was dirty and needed replacing)
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-06-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Depends what state you are in with regards to the legalities of a pod filter, but I'd avoid it as well, especially while the car's still under warranty.

Along the same lines as Fiesta Man, I've ordered a Pipercross panel filter for the wife's Fiesta. I don't think anyone else around here has one in the later model Fiestas, so I'll report back after it's been installed.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 08:06 AM   #4
somers181

I have been running the pipercross air filter in my CL WT 1.6 for approx 3,000 kms and have noticed a slight difference in performance, particularly low down in the gears when changing up, i can get it to rev up to 5500 revs when changing up in an auto. It definitely sounds different. It costs $70 from UK landed in Australia.......... better option than going for a full pod kit and you dont have to worry about warranty or insurance.
Old 15-06-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
JClarke
Deaf Driver

thanks for your input guys
Old 22-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #6
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just installed the Pipercross. I notice it's about half the thickness of the OEM filter. Took about 2 minutes, which is even quicker than the Focus, which has an awkward screw or two. Didn't even have to remove the MAF, which I thought I might have to when I saw it on the lid...

A quick drive around the block only revealed a slight increase in noise/performance, which is about what you'd expect; the K&N made a bigger difference noise-wise in the Focus, but that is a cylinder/cone rather than a panel. A longer trip/more time will reveal more, of course.

Incidentally, the intake set-up looks better than the LV Focus - a bit like the previous Focus with an over the radiator, wide-mouthed intake.

Old 24-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Enjoying the Pipercross drop-in panel filter. Took the Fiesta for a long run today. I could swear it revs a lot less than it used to: 2250rpm at 100kph; 2500 at 110kph. Can anyone confirm the figures they are getting? This is for a petrol auto with no other mods.

For comparison, my petrol Focus does 2500rpm at 100kph, and 2750 at 110kph. Admittedly, it's only a 4 speed auto.

Oh, and if you're after extra noise, this won't do much, but it certainly seems to perform better.

Old 24-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
Fi.ES.TA

Dont bother with panel filters,this is what you want.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #9
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

No doubt that's very nice - illegal, defectable and will void your insurance - but very nice.

At the very least you would need a custom box to go around the pod otherwise the police/epa/insurers would have a field day.

The advantage of a panel filter is that it doesn't encounter any of these problems.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post