Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2019, 12:36 AM   #1
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FORDvFERRARI - movie

It's time to plan a trip to the movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3h9...sF5g&gclsrc=ds

Academy Award-winners Matt Damon and Christian Bale star in FORD v FERRARI, based on the remarkable true story of the visionary American car designer Carroll Shelby (Damon) and the fearless British-born driver Ken Miles (Bale), who together battled corporate interference, the laws of physics, and their own personal demons to build a revolutionary race car for Ford Motor Company and take on the dominating race cars of Enzo Ferrari at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in France in 1966.

In Theaters November 15

Cast: Matt Damon, Christian Bale, Jon Bernthal, Caitriona Balfe, Tracy Letts, Josh Lucas, Noah Jupe, Remo Girone, Ray McKinnon

Visit the FORD v FERRARI WEBSITE: http://www.FORDvFERRARI.com
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #2
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FORDvFERRARI - movie

Looking forward to this movie - saw the shorts last night - looks the goods with Matt Damon playing the legendary Carroll Shelby.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:44 PM   #3
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Can't freakin' wait for this one.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
arronm
BA/F6 BF/F6 SSV/R TTG

Will be AWESOME

Nizpro equipped and Tuned by the BEST in the west
Xtreme Ford Tuning

479RwKw Fuel limited, more pumps and power too come.

F6#0507 & #0639 Pro racer and Tech expert

NIZPRO modifying falcons like Premcar can only dream of , see VIDEO below.
https://youtu.be/oa4IfguGQ-A
arronm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-10-2019, 08:54 PM   #5
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Looks great!

BA RTV.
anobserver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:50 PM   #6
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hmm, I don't know, the seppos aren't exactly known for their accurate grasp of History.

The fact they have chosen to headline Shelby, leads me to worry this will be another case of America winning the Battle of Britain.

I mean how accurate are they going to be?
Will they acknowledge the cars were actually Lolas, designed and built in Britain?
That the Americans themselves didn't even know how to drive a midengined car, much less build one?
That Shelby's involvement was limited to the typically American solution of fitting a big-block engine?
Are they going to show how in '68 after engine sizes were limited to 5 litres, the yanks spat the dummy and went home? Leaving it again to the British to race and win?
Crazy Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 08-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
auxr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
Hmm, I don't know, the seppos aren't exactly known for their accurate grasp of History.

The fact they have chosen to headline Shelby, leads me to worry this will be another case of America winning the Battle of Britain.

I mean how accurate are they going to be?
Will they acknowledge the cars were actually Lolas, designed and built in Britain?
That the Americans themselves didn't even know how to drive a midengined car, much less build one?
That Shelby's involvement was limited to the typically American solution of fitting a big-block engine?
Are they going to show how in '68 after engine sizes were limited to 5 litres, the yanks spat the dummy and went home? Leaving it again to the British to race and win?
I am treating this movie as pure Hollywood entertainment and not as a factual historical documentary.
auxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #8
happy1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Only a few days remaining now.
happy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2019, 10:15 PM   #9
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I feel people forget the whole point of movies are to be entertained for the 1 hour 50 minutes they generally run for - it's an American movie about Americans getting one up on Italians, of course it's going to have the Hollywood embellishments.

I look forward to watching cars get built, cars being crashed and loud V8 screams on the big screen.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 07:47 PM   #10
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

I finally watched this movie yesterday.

As a car nerd, there a few cringe worthy moments but the story is good and managed to entertain a couple of non-car people in the process.

When you think about, the way the Ford senior executives were portrayed isn't far removed from how the STILL are to this day.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-12-2020, 08:04 PM   #11
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

i saw it a few weeks back, was kind of meh. Great cars and all but the whole Hollywoodnes of it all was very cringey, like watching a typical 'merican film from 80's and 90's.
Christian Bale was magnificent as usual.
Old 28-12-2020, 08:26 PM   #12
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxr View Post
I am treating this movie as pure Hollywood entertainment and not as a factual historical documentary.
Thats the way i treated it and for that it got a 10/10, it's not a documentary which has been done to death over the years....it's entertainment

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #13
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I feel people forget the whole point of movies are to be entertained
So if I kick you in the balls, you have to enjoy it, because I found it entertaining?

Movies can be entertaining for a number of reasons. Even a few Will Ferret movies can be entertaining by being absurd and nonsensically funny.

But as a general rule, movies that set out to insult my intelligence, I don't find entertaining.

I like America, I like Americans, and for the most part I enjoy American movies.
But I hate with a passion their predilection for re-writing history.
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #14
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Smile Re: FORDvFERRARI - movie

Quote:
So if I kick you in the balls, you have to enjoy it, because I found it entertaining?

Movies can be entertaining for a number of reasons. Even a few Will Ferret movies can be entertaining by being absurd and nonsensically funny.

But as a general rule, movies that set out to insult my intelligence, I don't find entertaining.

I like America, I like Americans, and for the most part I enjoy American movies.
maybe have a couple of drinks before the movie starts, and don,t take it to seriously

ive even got a name for those super accurate type shows, i call them documovies, and aren,t very entertaining , personally i find the fast and the furious just to much BS. for me , i can,t stand them.

those chinese fighting movies are a bit amusing , with nijana's flying 20ft through the air, ha, ha omg.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-12-2020, 06:44 PM   #15
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

Relax David Duke,

If you don't like em, then don't watch em.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2020, 07:19 PM   #16
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Being a metalhead, i enjoyed 'lords of chaos' (if you know, you know), it was a interesting story based on true events. But, it wasn't a documentary...something that triggered the too serious types.

And thats similar to Ford v Ferrari.

Even though the there were a few diversions from fact, it was a thoroughly entertaining movie, i didn't head into it it expecting a documentary. If i want facts, I've got books.

Seems to be an issue with a few films, The Dirt, Bohemien Rhapsody etc etc.

Movies need to entertain, truncate a story into a set time with a clear beginning/middle/end plus have character development..

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2020, 09:12 PM   #17
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I finally watched this movie yesterday.

As a car nerd, there a few cringe worthy moments but the story is good and managed to entertain a couple of non-car people in the process.

When you think about, the way the Ford senior executives were portrayed isn't far removed from how the STILL are to this day.
And how would you know this? The days of ford family members running the show with an iron fist are long gone. And i talk from experience.

Guys who think they are above everyone don’t last long these days.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-12-2020, 12:27 AM   #18
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Quote:

Like U-571. They added a post production acknowledgement that the Royal Navy captured the Enigma machine in May 1941. Entertainment it was, factual it wasn't.
Unfortunately, hollywoo is full of back-patting, sjw historical re-writing retards.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2021, 12:21 AM   #19
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Right, so you'd all be happy with a ripping D-Day war movie, showing how the English single-handedly defeated Germany, AND liberated Eastern Europe, whilst all the USA did was supply Hershey bars...

A movie doesn't have to be a documentary.
But a movie that seeks to dramatise a story, that is a fundamental lie, just annoys me.
And the worst bit is that they could have made an interesting movie about the truth.
That Ford was so desperate for an ego boost, and to rub Enzo's face in it, that he was happy to slap the Ford Badge on anything.

They could even have told the story, of how Shelby's solution, of jamming a big-block into everything, Killed Ken Miles.
But no

I wonder what happens when Americans make a movie about the Civil War? Do both sides win?
Old 02-01-2021, 01:02 AM   #20
MercuryT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Like U-571. They added a post production acknowledgement that the Royal Navy captured the Enigma machine in May 1941. Entertainment it was, factual it wasn't.
Unfortunately, hollywoo is full of back-patting, sjw historical re-writing retards.
It's a bloody movie!

And a good one whether it met exactly years or not
MercuryT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post