Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 14-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #61
TheLandOfSmeg
Starter Motor

Default Re: Spammed from BarginsAU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
nope not a Tapatalk user
TheLandOfSmeg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #62
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

I also just checked my mailwasher blacklist and it not there either which means I have never received spam from that source. It's still very intriguing why some members got it and others didn't.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:36 PM   #63
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Quote:
Shouldn't the Bot be generating OzLotto winning combinations instead?
Buying lotto tickets costs money; using a spambot to generate millions of possible email addresses, knowing the majority of emails then sent will be rejected as invalid addresses, costs the spammer virtually nothing.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:49 PM   #64
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my email address is same here as every where else and not that hard really , I'm a yahoo mail user and get sh!te loads spam thru them , ive been here on the forums around 13+ years and I do go thru my spam before deleting as ive found they system to deem stuff I don't want marked as spam marking it as such from time to time so I still refilter the spam to check nothing got in there by mistake and ive never had a BarginsAU mail
so for now ill leave my tinfoil hat on the rack

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 14-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #65
TheLandOfSmeg
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Buying lotto tickets costs money; using a spambot to generate millions of possible email addresses, knowing the majority of emails then sent will be rejected as invalid addresses, costs the spammer virtually nothing.
I know what you mean by that and sometimes I'll get a flood if random/generic names sent to my domain name at once but mentioning an exact website which I have an actual registration to is very specific. I have never been hit with <randomdomain>_com_au@<mydomain>.com or anything close.
TheLandOfSmeg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2018, 04:45 PM   #66
PerthFord

Just some further info from me:
Mine has no connection to yahoo.
My email alias is different to to fordforums_com.
I'm not a tapatalk user.
PerthFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #67
WindsorXR
FGII XR6, Focus Sport, XR

My email is my work email, which is identified by my name. The name has nothing to do with any particular forums. It's very rare that I get any spam through my work email and fordforums is the only forum that runs through that email, due to how long I have been on this forum. All other forums run through my other accounts.

2011 Purple FGII XR6
2016 LZ Focus Sport

BA XR8 Build Thread (SOLD)
1966 XR Falcon Build Thread
WindsorXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2018, 11:02 AM   #68
stock1991
Limited supply

I've been spammed by coles. Google emailed me and advised I upgrade my security, all that involved was confirming my current contact details and not 12 hours later, I've received 2 emails from coles. Never had them before, I suppose it could be a coincidence but I know someone who says there are NO coincidences
stock1991 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #69
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock1991 View Post
I've been spammed by coles. Google emailed me and advised I upgrade my security, all that involved was confirming my current contact details and not 12 hours later, I've received 2 emails from coles. Never had them before, I suppose it could be a coincidence but I know someone who says there are NO coincidences
google like faceplant draw that much info from you working in the background its not funny their even worse than microspam
as I said earlier
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodahs View Post
unfortunately even apps on your phone or pc write EVERYTHING that you've had going on back to daddy n mommy
as seems basically facebash gazzoogle n others the like own most apps and scour ALL your info for what ever bolderdash excise they need it for and they have the rights to onforward the info at their needs too
talk bout an invasion of privacy and we invite them in
you know something isn't right when you open a radio app on your new phone these days and it says (if you read it before accepting) this app needs control of XXXX , but why when its just to play the radio
or when you want voice command , apparently its just for your voice algorithms , like I had that problem before ! and has nothing to do with accessing my contacts list
they track every thing we do now from us not the sites we visit

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: