Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-11-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Rally Australia

Off to the super special tonight!!! YEOWWW. Ill try n bring back videos n pics of the new focus from my phone

Dont ya just love living in Perth

lol

Tom

Old 10-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
parawolf
beep beep

*sigh* and the "Home of Motorsport" is showing more of "Australian Clone"
Old 11-11-2005, 12:18 AM   #3
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Beat ya to it Tom :

I was at the service park from 4pm but they had the tent zipped up on the new Foci. After an hour of waiting for them to unveil the cars, I got impatient and asked one of the mechanics when they would reveal the cars? He said not until they leave for the SS stage about 8 pm.

I was about to walk off and suddenly they started 'lifting the curtain' on Gardemeister's car. I frantically fumbled around in my bag for the camera and just managed to get a couple of shots before it drove off. It looked awesome...

I'd post the pics but I can’t work out how to do it. When I select "insert image", it asks me to "enter the text to be formatted". WTF??

Anyway I’m gonna go to the Bannister stages (the one with the two big jumps and the water splash) on Saturday morning before the SS stage on Saturday evening if you and Nick are interested.
orsest170 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:40 AM   #4
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Excellent, I was wondering if the N-P cars were eligible to run seeing it is an international event.

orsest170, the easiest way to post pics is to use the "manage attachments" button further down the page, there is a size limit to the pictures though of ~100kb I think, so you will probably need to re-size them. Or if you have them on the web somewhere (eg photo hosting site) you can use the "insert picture" button then, the text it wants is the url of the photo.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 12:50 AM   #5
BlackLS

1. www.photobucket.com
2. setup account
3. upload images
4. copy the [img] tag address underneath your image thumbnails
5. paste it into your reply.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-11-2005, 01:41 AM   #6
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Not the best photos, but it all happened so quickly and before I knew it the car was gone. I'll get some good ones on Saturday.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 AM   #7
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Wow that is different, it looks like they have grafted the spoilers from the old car on. Finnish driver and codriver...
Old 12-11-2005, 02:16 AM   #8
WRC1AB
WRC1AB

Good stuff Simon! not bad for a rush job.

Anyway the new ford focus looks great even sound better then the old one, has a much deeper note.
got a pic of the net of the new 06 WRC focus.

Nick.
Old 13-11-2005, 12:56 PM   #9
outback_ute
Ute Forum Moderator
Contributing Member

Doh, Finnish = Gardemeister... didn't notice that the first time, I thought it was some weird privateer effort becuse I hadn't heard anything about a WRC version of the new car.
Old 13-11-2005, 01:36 PM   #10
orsest170
WRC Fanatic

Here's a few more pics I took yesterday. I'm really liking the new Focus WRC car.

Old 13-11-2005, 01:40 PM   #11
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Carlovers here we come!! Nioce pics guys! Love the new Focus, doesn't look as mean as the old model, but wait to see the tarmac version dumped on it's little chassis with some phat rims, I'd say it'll look absolutely horn.
Old 13-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #12
whippet_zetec
Supes

yeah..great work there on getting those pics taken and up....

love the look of the new WRC Focus and same as Matt cant wait to see a tarmac rally version.
Old 13-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #13
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Now that looks HOT! Damn... imagine those running around the streets with huge rims. hehehhehe.

I love the 3 door! Looks great!!!! Come on Ford, bring the 3 door here!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2005, 03:31 PM   #14
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

There's a feature in AUTO ACTION #1167, 23/11 that makes for interesting reading on the 2006 Focus WRC Car.

The engine is mounted BACK-TO-FRONT with the turbocharger positioned in the transmission tunnel and at the back of the car, the fuel tank is mounted in line with the axles. Under the floor is a special compartment for the spare wheel. It looks like that they have to lower a special 'hatch' and slide it out.

Also there's carbon fibre aplenty in the pit. I'd love to see the WRC Car and the ARC Car side-by-side as a comparison!
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post