Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #61
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Default Re: Australian woman shot dead by cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobimbo View Post

But how many of us would react the same if we were in the police's position?

well, knowbody know his position, cause hes refused to be interveiwed, wtf is that?
This user likes this post:
Old 27-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #62
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm not surprised that a country that is full of firearms has trigger happy police.

We tend to judge these incidents in the US based on what the culture is here but the truth is our two countries couldn't be any more different.
Old 27-07-2017, 09:39 PM   #63
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
Like Bobbies? God I hope not, they get run down and attacked with knives/machetes and have nothing to pretect themselves with and have to wait 10 minutes for an armed response team to turn up.
Yes like Bobbies in mentality of working with the community and serving the community, and protecting the community- difference being they are armed in Australia with sidearm.

We are not USA where guns are widely available so there is no similar basis for the police here to shoot first and ask questions and cover butt later.

I am all for the police here to be armed to deal with nutters on a jihad using machetes etc or guns, but in dealing with the community is it not better for the police to work with the community like bobbies rather than the USA police treating all their citizens like they are ISIS out to kill them?

Surely that is better for the public AND the police in Australia?

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
Old 27-07-2017, 09:53 PM   #64
.:4:.
Kicking back

I am not all over the whole situation, and to be fair the police in Australia don't have to keep fire arms at the top of their list unless it's apparent. That's due to reforms. But from what I've heard anyone in law in forcement has some form of training in defending themself. I'm not discounting a wrong judgement call, but the whole shoot past a collegue does seem a bit sus. What's more sus us no statement. No public statement is ok. Let the judge decide but no imposed statement kind of makes it sound like some don't have to play by the same rules as the rest.
Old 27-07-2017, 10:06 PM   #65
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I wonder how many cops in Australia would want to be disarmed? Heaps fun going into a factory at 2:00 am with the alarm going off and all you got is a note pad and a torch. Or trying to convince someone loaded up on meth to put the axe down while he's charging at someone.

Generally speaking guns aren't the problem, it's the whack-job behind it.

I've watched 100's of police shootings and all but a hand-full were justified - never heard or seen one like this incident though.
Old 27-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #66
LTD Ute
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Most every interaction I've had with our police has been greeted with
"G'day mate" and this has served as the exchange between honest and
constructive dialogue.

I'm glad to live in a place where common sense prevails most of the time.

XByoot - "Yeah I think the Utes are the new coupes...you get as much rust at a far cheaper price"
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #67
TRAU BLAU

I said it to a cop once.That cops are only human just like the rest of us.So therefore fallible!How long ago was it that John Peel went from fox hunting to a Societal Protection agency?De ya ken John Peel at the break o' the day d'ya ken John Peel when he's so far away with the fox & the hounds in tha morrrnnin".
Old 30-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #68
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only protection against tyranny is an armed citizenry. Hence the reason gun reforms, buybacks, amnesties and so forth as such a priority for government. The sheeples fall into line, believe the garbage peddled by the government. Case in point - Australia.

This is the fundamental reason the US 2nd amendment will never be overturned. And good on them.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 02:45 PM   #69
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
The only protection against tyranny is an armed citizenry. Hence the reason gun reforms, buybacks, amnesties and so forth as such a priority for government. The sheeples fall into line, believe the garbage peddled by the government. Case in point - Australia.

This is the fundamental reason the US 2nd amendment will never be overturned. And good on them.
I'd like to see how a dust up between the armed forced of the USA goes with their public and their god forsaken guns so they can hold off a tyrannical government.

I dunno about you but I don't put much faith in Joe Average American with their guns being able to hold out against a military force which gets about $500,000,000,000 in funding every year.

You'd do more damage if everyone threw a week of sickies at work rather than trying to take up arms against the Government, and you won't get killed in the process either.
Old 30-07-2017, 02:50 PM   #70
Nu66et
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

That was only relevant 250 years ago
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #71
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu66et View Post
That was only relevant 250 years ago
It's even more relevant now, but in Australia, not the US. This country has been run by sociopaths and now by big pharmaceutical sock puppets.
Old 30-07-2017, 03:11 PM   #72
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
I'd like to see how a dust up between the armed forced of the USA goes with their public and their god forsaken guns so they can hold off a tyrannical government.

I dunno about you but I don't put much faith in Joe Average American with their guns being able to hold out against a military force which gets about $500,000,000,000 in funding every year.

You'd do more damage if everyone threw a week of sickies at work rather than trying to take up arms against the Government, and you won't get killed in the process either.
Hmmm a .22 vs a 2000lb bomb dropped from 40,000ft.

I'll take the week off thanks.

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
3 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #73
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I seem to recall that it was an individual, the "armed citizenry" according to you, who blew away 35 men, ladies and children, as well as wounding 23 others, that led to the reforms on guns in Australia by Howard.

Nice little piece of work called Martin Bryant.

The work done by Howard following that nasty incident was anything but tyrannical.

Thank God Australia is not the USA.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
5 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 03:51 PM   #74
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

In a time of tyranny here, our armed forces are sworn to uphold our Constitution not a tyrannical political government.

Legal gun owners would be called in as backup militias.

Some legal barriers have been put in the way of this, such as the Posse Comitatus Act, but when it comes to it, it is the Constitution which must be defended.
Old 30-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #75
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

So out of the nearly 9,000 gun related deaths this year, how many of these were government officials, to keep the govt in line and protect the citizens? And what did those 411 kids do to deserve being killed or injured?
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 08:10 PM   #76
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And out come all the SJW's

Come back when you've done your research, not what main stream media tells you.
2 users like this post:
Old 30-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #77
Adamz Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

I've done my research, take off your tinfoil hat and do yours.
Old 30-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #78
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: He continually offers Technical Advice that is based on years of experience and knowledge he has gained along the way. The advice has ranged from replies to questions across the various Threads to seeking information from OP and taking that away to undert 

Hey mate, are these homicides you are listing?
Old 30-07-2017, 08:25 PM   #79
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:

So where's all this research? (Independent research, that is...)

Youtube? Not likely

Twitter, Facebook, Women's Weekly? Nah

Paranoid spankers with an axe to grind? I think not

Greedy spankers paid by vested interests to scare me into thinking we all need to be armed? No... not really

Now if you want to talk about Iceland invading us, I'm all ears

Old 30-07-2017, 09:01 PM   #80
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Most stats come from the FBI here. I woke up early and been in and out of hospital the last week and really feel like researching myself.

I think the one poster posted homicides. I can answer that correctly, once I understand correctly.
Old 30-07-2017, 10:20 PM   #81
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarite_guy View Post
Don't know what an ice town is.
It's a country town taken over by ICE dealers and addicts, plenty of them around.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 30-07-2017, 10:55 PM   #82
solarite_guy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post
It's a country town taken over by ICE dealers and addicts, plenty of them around.
Thank you.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:30 PM   #83
crv70

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
I seem to recall that it was an individual, the "armed citizenry" according to you, who blew away 35 men, ladies and children, as well as wounding 23 others, that led to the reforms on guns in Australia by Howard.

Nice little piece of work called Martin Bryant.

The work done by Howard following that nasty incident was anything but tyrannical.

Thank God Australia is not the USA.
Sure, a mentally retarded, low IQ individual was able to do that
Everything about Port Arthur reeks of a malevolent black flag and little Johnny is no doubt implicit.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #84
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More people have died on your roads in vehicle accidents than all the fatalities in all your wars combined.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:43 PM   #85
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Oh dear yet another thread taken over by posters with an agenda....

And Justine Damond is still dead, RIP.
Old 30-07-2017, 11:57 PM   #86
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Oh dear yet another thread taken over by posters with an agenda....
Of course you will state that...this idiot endorses Peter Garret.
Old 31-07-2017, 06:59 AM   #87
Trevor 57
is now there

Quote:

and did you know that there are more guns in Australian ownership now than what there was before the buy-back of 1996, I am guessing not by your ignorant post (highlighted) above

Just check the facts on the ASSA website
Old 31-07-2017, 07:03 AM   #88
Trevor 57
is now there

and for the record Victorian Police started wearing guns full time after the Walsh Street murders of 1988

I am happy for our Police to wear guns
Old 31-07-2017, 07:14 AM   #89
crv70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lever T View Post
and did you know that there are more guns in Australian ownership now than what there was before the buy-back of 1996, I am guessing not by your ignorant post (highlighted) above

Just check the facts on the ASSA website
The banning of automatic fire arms, military rifles and such like weapons was what our governments, Federal and State, wanted and achieved. The number of weapons in private hands means little when you consider what type of fire arms most people are allowed to own.
Old 31-07-2017, 07:34 AM   #90
Trevor 57
is now there

BUT, they are allowed to own them and they are, in record numbers
Closed Thread