Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-08-2009, 02:36 PM   #31
GTpilot
FG GT 5.4 w/ additions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
And 6 spot Brembos and extrememly good leather interior (much softer and more comfortable than the F6) and reversing camera and adj pedals and FPV mats and prestige colour..........

Bingo, Spec those options into an F6 and you will spend $79k real quick.
not to mention you will then have to remove the spoiler and fill the holes, colour code the front bar.

I do agree with the wheels though, for an "exectutive" vehicle, the rims look a bit too "sporty", perhaps something more like the GT 5th Anv wheels would have suited better.

Photochop anyone??
GTpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
theboss290
FPV GT

bla bla bla is it worth it or is it not??

You want it?? You have the bucks?? then buy it!! end of story If not stiff sh#t!!

No car is really worth the dollars, its our desire to own it that makes it worth what it is.

I do have to say F6E very nice
theboss290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #33
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra240t
So flappist the $70k odd question is, F6E or 370Z? hehe ;)

You'd really need one of each. Why would anyone cross-shop a family car with a sports car anyway?
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:08 PM   #34
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

This is what it should have looked like... notice also the thicker chrome at the C pillar.

Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #35
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Summed it up nicely dan.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #36
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

If I was in the market, I'd have a pretty close look at that F6E over the normal F6 or G6E. Looks like a real nice piece of kit.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #37
Paddyboy

Quote:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

This might help......
Haha ok im a bit slow
Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #38
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese3
If i remember correctly the G6E-T has no LSD... i wonder if the F6E will have it?????
Pretty sure it does.

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 03:49 PM   #39
Wally
XP Coupe

Quote:
They don't want stripes and big wings and black wheels. They want a bit more leather and woodgrain and chrome and I don't want to lose them."
At last someone in Ford is thinking about me. But I still want a V8
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #40
falcon convert

From my perspective, the F6E is very close to just right. If I was to jump up to the FPV price bracket this would be the one for me. It has all the "go fast" bits I would like, with far less of the "look at me I'm a boy racer" bits I don't like and a few more of the "gentleman's lounge" bits as well. However I do agree that being the uber luxury model, at this price a few extra bits, such sat nav as standard, should be included.
falcon convert is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #41
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
You'd really need one of each. Why would anyone cross-shop a family car with a sports car anyway?
Yep, can't think of a single person who would have bought a 350Z Track Coupe instead of a BF2 Force 6 or FG F6 in April last year?
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #42
saba__
Starter Motor

i like it...wouldnt buy it tho!
saba__ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #43
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
At last someone in Ford is thinking about me. But I still want a V8
GT-E has been out for a while.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:49 PM   #44
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Thats bloody awsome, if i could afford the cost id be happy to pay 23g more, i mean its more powerful, tougher looking and is an FPV, nothing wrong with a G6E Turbo of course, but if you want a full on hi-po luxury car you couldn't go past the F6E! :
Old 05-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUF_302
if you want a full on hi-po luxury car you couldn't go past the F6E! :
That is it right there! Stop comparing it to its little brother and look at what else you can buy for the same money with the same power and the same level of luxury with a full factory warranty.

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #46
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10
That is it right there! Stop comparing it to its little brother and look at what else you can buy for the same money with the same power and the same level of luxury with a full factory warranty.
The vibe i'm getting from people that think the value is not there is that it's not about the power, or any of the other fundamental differences to that of a G6ET for example, it seems to be a lack of aspiration the car gives (or doesn't) to people.

There's a lack of innovation and change that dates back to the release of the whole FG FPV range that is likely to be at the core of the issue. The fact that FPV are only going to be seen as falling further behind on the innovation front come HSV E2 this year, the perception of value could be further to the downside.

Can only hope that FPV's updates next year bring the product line up to scratch (excluding the drivetrain, I have confidence in that).
JPFS1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 06:20 PM   #47
WASP
Whipple Induced

Anyone that has tried to option up a F6 with the lot will already know that $79k RRP isn't excessive if purchasing brand new. Remember F6's don't come standard with 6/4 pot Brembos, leather, electronic memory seats, floormats, reverse camera.

Colville
Old 05-08-2009, 06:57 PM   #48
prydey
Rob

this might sound funny, but sometimes i think if you are trying to attract buyers of euro cars, you can't price a car 'too cheap'!! i think there are people out there that wouldn't consider cars below a certain price because they think they're obviously cheap. price that same car up a couple of brackets and suddenly they're interested. bear in mind, these customers probably wouldn't have experienced any of the lesser models the car is based on so wouldn't make comparisons as to the true value of it.

also anyone who thinks the 'fpv' badge isn't worth a bit extra on its own is kidding themselves. fpv's are an exclusive vehicle, not just another fancy falcon.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #49
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

Can someone correct me, but didn't the Force range of cars have Ghia seats with FPV embossing on them, otherwise identical? If so, is this the same with the GT-E and F6-E?

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #50
zx10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFS1
The vibe i'm getting from people that think the value is not there is that it's not about the power, or any of the other fundamental differences to that of a G6ET for example, it seems to be a lack of aspiration the car gives (or doesn't) to people.

There's a lack of innovation and change that dates back to the release of the whole FG FPV range that is likely to be at the core of the issue. The fact that FPV are only going to be seen as falling further behind on the innovation front come HSV E2 this year, the perception of value could be further to the downside.

Can only hope that FPV's updates next year bring the product line up to scratch (excluding the drivetrain, I have confidence in that).
So as of September which 5 seater luxury car, which has power/handling do you buy if you have $80k to spend? Dont think that I am having a go at you JPFS1 I am just curious.

What sort of innovation are people looking for in a new car?

AU3 XR8 sedan - Manual, Leather, Momo wheel/gear knob
zx10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 08:48 PM   #51
Gabbs
Curry in a hurry

I think its a nice package. Alot of you are comparing it to the g6e turbo. No Lsd, smaller brakes etc etc. Some people don't want the the look at me boy racer look they want a car that goes quick and stops quick and have some nice luxury inside.
Gabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #52
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ARGH! Damn Ford building all these nice cars.....GT-P or F6-E??? :

If i was driving a Holden I could only choose 1 top end car.....You guys realise how spoilt we are?

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #53
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The F6 E is just the Force 6...and I reckon it looks great.
I thought the BF FPV's Force 6 and 8 were the best looking in the range...

I am not one for spoilers and body kits, or bright colours.

If I had the money, I would go the GT-E, BUT it is good that FPV recognise that it won't be a mass-produced car, but it's an option that is unmatched on the market.

I think it's a great move.

Don't snap my undies.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #54
fpvgtp

If i was looking at a turbo 6 this is the one I would buy. Good looks good value and different but not looking at buying again yet and probably will go GT-P when I do.
fpvgtp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 09:09 PM   #55
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$79,740 ...it does`nt seem over the top to me for fast well appointed road rocket, what would be a comparison in the understated performance bracket for that price?, i agree that Ford wheels could be a little bit more showy, the one thing thing i have admired about beemers , they always seem to have very sexy looking wheels.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 PM   #56
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10
So as of September which 5 seater luxury car, which has power/handling do you buy if you have $80k to spend? Dont think that I am having a go at you JPFS1 I am just curious.

What sort of innovation are people looking for in a new car?
The question isn't what car would you buy if you had 80K, it's how to get those people with 80K to spend it on these top of the line FPV's knowing that these people are turning their back on the product for various reasons? There is no point preaching to the converted and ones that can see value, you want incremental sales, and to do that you need to attract a buyer that would not have otherwise considered this product. To do that, you would want to be seen as at least on par with your competitors when it comes to R&D on all counts. Personally, FG FPV's weren't pushed far enough away from the donor package, visually, technologically and on some of the finer detail.

Issues arise when the appeal of the donor car increases dramatically which it has. The value and performance gap between the Ford product and the FPV product has narrowed significantly, so it should have been an FPV requirement to take some risks, implement the ideas they had ready for launch rather than pull them out etc.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #57
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

IF I had the money, and wanted that sort of car, I would buy the HSV Senator.
That has street cred, the FPV F6E ????????
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM   #58
JPFS1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
IF I had the money, and wanted that sort of car, I would buy the HSV Senator.
That has street cred, the FPV F6E ????????
There you go.... and csv8, you don't come across as a Holden/HSV fanboy, so you wouldn't be buying their product out of brand loyalty etc?

So the question, what is the FPV lacking? other than street cred (in this particular model, GT/F6 has decent cred I would think)?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM   #59
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You say to some one "I drive a HSV Senator, and every one knows what you drive. But say you drive a FPV F6E and you will get a blank look" Senator has the runs on the board. And yes I would buy the Senator over the F6E, its a V8 for starters.!!! But everyday driver I will stick to my GHIA or a G6E if I change cars next year.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 PM   #60
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
You say to some one "I drive a HSV Senator, and every one knows what you drive. But say you drive a FPV F6E and you will get a blank look" Senator has the runs on the board. And yes I would buy the Senator over the F6E, its a V8 for starters.!!! But everyday driver I will stick to my GHIA or a G6E if I change cars next year.
So you wouldnt buy a F6E because there arent any around yet (duh, its a new model), but everyone knows what a senator is?? Are you buying it for yourself or to impress others??
You want a V8.. GT-E??