Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Default New speed Cameras

Just seen a story on 6 new speed cameras to be installed in QLD and also a few more to be installed in Vic aswell. What are peoples thoughts on this.

- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Seeing that Mr Brumby is installing alot more camera's in the east of Melb because they have not reached there budget of $60 odd million in fines on Eastlink. A short fall of about $59 million! So everyone behaves themselves so they have to install more to recoupe what is lost ...... not pure revenue?

Anyways, this will end up like all speed camera threads .... in tatters but will see how we go.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Another popcorn thread!!!!
I wonder how many patrol cars the Vic Govt could buy from Ford with 50 mil...

Old 13-07-2009, 08:10 PM   #4
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i received 2 fines from eastlink i delibirately use them and haven't got an e-tag or day pass. I have used it about 100 times since it opened.

it's only a tax invoice both under $10, i won't be paying them delibarately to see how far it goes.

stuff em the road is crap too, that dandy rd overpass will collapse one day.
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #5
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
Another popcorn thread!!!!
Thoughti it was worth a try Norm if it goes pair shaped ill close it
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #6
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG_OG
i received 2 fines from eastlink i delibirately use them and haven't got an e-tag or day pass. I have used it about 100 times since it opened.

it's only a tax invoice both under $10, i won't be paying them delibarately to see how far it goes.

stuff em the road is crap too, that dandy rd overpass will collapse one day.
Actually thats a different argument ..... but, that $10 will be $100 each in 3 months and a letter from the the Police ..... eventually summons .... your choice as that it actually theft. Using something that you know costs money and deliberately not paying for it. Nothing to do with the thread ......

The thing about the extra cameras was in Leader ... or Journel. Brumby actually said they need more cameras as the those on Eastlink were not doing what they are supposed to do ...... and that is to make the 60 mill a year :togo:

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auslandau
Actually thats a different argument ..... but, that $10 will be $100 each in 3 months and a letter from the the Police ..... eventually summons .... your choice as that it actually theft. Using something that you know costs money and deliberately not paying for it. Nothing to do with the thread ......

The thing about the extra cameras was in Leader ... or Journel. Brumby actually said they need more cameras as the those on Eastlink were not doing what they are supposed to do ...... and that is to make the 60 mill a year :togo:
You're not suggesting everyone has finally worked out if you speed past a speed camera on eastlink you get fined??? surely not!!!

Out of curiosity has anyone been killed on east link yet?

Old 13-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I kept hearing the adverts on the radio they were making out that the were against them then , bang all praise the speed camera's .

I want my 10 mins back

Allthough i feel so much safer now because that p-plater in the silver el falcon tonight doing around 140kph in real heavy rain ,tailgaiting swapping lanes with next to no room on the princess hwy. But its all good he will get a fine in 2 weeks time if he is not smart enough to hit the brakes when passing under the bridge.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 08:37 PM   #9
snappy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You're not suggesting everyone has finally worked out if you speed past a speed camera on eastlink you get fined??? surely not!!!

But if there hasn'tbeen anyone because there is speed camera's . Those little gaurdian angels to make us all feel warm and fuzzy to know were being looked after.
snappy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:

Nope .... but apparently dandy rd overpass will collapse one day.......

There was an accident about 2 months ago near Canterbury Rd .... it made me 2.5 minutes late home ..... and thats about it and I use it twice to four times a day.

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #11
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Nope .... but apparently dandy rd overpass will collapse one day.......

There was an accident about 2 months ago near Canterbury Rd .... it made me 2.5 minutes late home ..... and thats about it and I use it twice to four times a day.
yeah saw that! i think its a ripper piece of road, even in peak hr you can sit on 100 and rarely need to navgate traffic!

Old 13-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #12
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know the Government (un-elected Mr Brumby) and his mates in the Police and TAC will say its to save lives but rest assured they WONT be put in high accident/fatality areas but high REVENUE areas. To put it simple Mr Brumby is going broke.
joolz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

All state govt. are in the same boat broke because they cant even spend someone elses money properly so expect more of these revenue raisers to pop up everywhere. They dont save lives or stop you from doing something stupid they merely record the event for posterity and a fine for the event is put in the mail.

If governments wanted to save your life there would actually be a police presence on our roads but cameras dont take anual leave or sickies and they dont cost you $60/hr infact they are making you money just months after installation.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

134 crashes occurred, with no fatalities and eight minor injuries;
http://www.monashjournal.com.au/news...l/1559871.aspx

Quote:
“John Brumby and Minister Cameron said in the Budget papers that they expected total takings from speed cameras to rise by $39.6 million to $437.2 million in 2009/10.

“Last year’s State Budget claimed that Eastlink would provide $62.5 million in fixed digital speed camera revenue. Minister Cameron, however, said in an answer to a written Parliamentary question that in September 2008, only 452 speeding fines were issued on EastLink for a revenue grab of $77367, or the equivalent of $928000 a year, or only 1.4 per cent of Labor’s estimate of fines from EastLink’s speed cameras.”

| [/url] |

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 13-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You have to be happy with that result. Be it the controlled speed environment, excellent road or low usage, or combination of all those its still good outcome.

Old 13-07-2009, 10:56 PM   #16
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Straight revenue raising. Nothing short of it.

People will accept it, as they will accept every new way of squeezing more and more taxes (direct and indirect) out of the general populous.

*GK puts flame suit on and awaits response*

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

So Bumbley puts in speed cameras (YAY!) and we elect another moron who wont get rid of them !

Is it really the speed cameras, or better designed roads in better condition with better cars on them?

Im not driving an FJ with 6volt lights and drum brakes at 100kph anymore !

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
cant is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #18
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Know what i find crazy, every year i go to Robe in S.A from Melbourne at Christmas and find that when i cross the border into S.A the roads get worse but the speed limit increases to 110 and ive ever only seen 1 police car in the past 6 years with return trips in S.A but dozens in Victoria and speed cameras. But i drive to what is safe on S.A roads which in some spots 80-90 km/h in a 110 zone. Now in Victoria we have some fantastic Hws but the speed limit is a sleepy 100km/h with plenty of cash cameras. Yet Victoria has one of the highest road tolls in Australia. Go figure....
Old 14-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #19
joolz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cant
So Bumbley puts in speed cameras (YAY!) and we elect another moron who wont get rid of them !

Is it really the speed cameras, or better designed roads in better condition with better cars on them?

Im not driving an FJ with 6volt lights and drum brakes at 100kph anymore !

May not get rid of them but change the tolerance to vehicles ADR which is +/- 10%

My FG XR6 is spot on according to gps if not 1km/h faster than my speedo.
Old 14-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #20
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolz
Know what i find crazy, every year i go to Robe in S.A from Melbourne at Christmas and find that when i cross the border into S.A the roads get worse but the speed limit increases to 110 and ive ever only seen 1 police car in the past 6 years with return trips in S.A but dozens in Victoria and speed cameras. But i drive to what is safe on S.A roads which in some spots 80-90 km/h in a 110 zone. Now in Victoria we have some fantastic Hws but the speed limit is a sleepy 100km/h with plenty of cash cameras. Yet Victoria has one of the highest road tolls in Australia. Go figure....
you could nearly say the 100 kmh zone when going into vic is designed on purpose, its as boring as bat sheite and dotted with cops and cameras, waiting to take your money and run.

The fumnny thing i s used to drive into Melbourne, get on the M1 (the race track i called it) and it seemed you could drive faster in peak hour with four lanes of stupid traffic than you could on a safe non busy outback road, it never made any sense.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #21
LTDHO
The one and only

Ok, biting tongue real hard!

Without going into my usual rant, I will say this.

The last death on Victorian Roads, the driver was doing 20 to 40KpH.
Whilst more speed camera's have been installed, between 2003 and 2007 the road toll has gone up by 3, currently 2008 is where 2007 this time last year!

Fact: Speed cameras do not save lives.
Fact: Government is doing nothing to decrease the death toll
Fact: Government is making millions instead of making roads safer.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 09:01 AM   #22
Teflon Turbo
Banned

i dunno, I feel like mel gibson here in conspiracy theory, but something on that freeway aint right. :

back on the thread then... the more speed cameras the better, i have been legally driving for 20 year now and only had one speeding fine which was about 3 years ago and not even my fault.

i persoanlly don't have an issue with more, or less.
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #23
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In Vic anyway (not sure about Qld) they are suggesting the new cameras will be used to get our road toll below 300....

I dont beleive the new cameras will change the road toll at all - just governments mis managing money and needing to increase their revenue.

Would be good if the government said that if the new cameras dont get the road toll below 300 that the camears will be removed and the government will actually look at something that will actually reduce the road toll - but they wont make money off it so it wont happen.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #24
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

I agree with you SB076, and many of the other veiws.

What id like to see is the Gov do their seasonally adjusted thing (like they do for unemployed figures) and make it percentage based, getting the figure down with the number of licenced (and unlicenced) drivers is forever going up does not give a true reflection of our better driving habits.

It is revenue raising, so where is the money going?

If a % of our income tax goes to roads and speeding fines go to roads and the fuel levy goes to roads =

THEN WHY THE HELL ARENT WE DRIVING AROUND ON GOLD PAVEMENT ????????????????????

Bring on the next election !!!!!!!

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
Old 14-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #25
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Quote:
“John Brumby and Minister Cameron said in the Budget papers that they expected total takings from speed cameras to rise by $39.6 million to $437.2 million in 2009/10.

“Last year’s State Budget claimed that Eastlink would provide $62.5 million in fixed digital speed camera revenue. Minister Cameron, however, said in an answer to a written Parliamentary question that in September 2008, only 452 speeding fines were issued on EastLink for a revenue grab of $77367, or the equivalent of $928000 a year, or only 1.4 per cent of Labor’s estimate of fines from EastLink’s speed cameras.”
Geez it gets me arced up when it is as obvious, as being in plain writing that they are "expecting" income from them, that its a scam.
And yet nothing happens and we all shut up and pay the states stealth taxes. Imagine the mess the gov would be in if they all of a sudden lost $350-$400mil.
Maybe the ad campaign on TV should be "stop speeding, it will cost the government", the response would be huge.
Old 14-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #26
cant
CANT !!!!!!!!

seems like a great idea, but then they would just up GST to compensate/increase x2

Better to be late, than
VERY LATE !!!! :

YEAH HA !!!!!!!!
Old 14-07-2009, 10:34 AM   #27
Jimbo01

Anyone know if those speed camera's on the Princess Fwy between Geelong and Melbourne work???

I swear I've done 115 through them ACCIDENTALLY and I've never had anything come through the mail.

Top tip of the month for p-platers.

If you get caught speeding for the first time, which for me I got my first ever fine after nearly 2 years on my p-plates, and I asked straight away if I was doing 120km in a hundred zone.

He said he'd clocked me at 115, and he said he'll go and write me a ticket, when he came back however, I was a bit surprised, first of all, I said straight away to the police officer that he'd only given me 1 demerit point and I thought the police where supposed to dock 3, and he'd written my alleged speed as 109 and detected at 111, so I looked at it and said, I said "you've written 109km alleged not 120km!!!!", and his response to me was "I've made it your "kind of" lucky day because you openly told the truth that you where speeding and not alot of people like you will actually do that"

So, a summery of all that, tell the truth!, it can be the difference between a $145 fine and 1 demerit point and $200 odd dollar's and loss of licence or more demerit points!.
Jimbo01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #28
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Ballarat is getting its first speed/red light camera. They've managed to find one of the safest intersections that is heavily used but rarely has accidents. Just down the road from that intersection is one that is not quite so heavily used but has more accidents and is more dangerous.

Now tell me that isn't blatant revenue raising.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #29
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG
Ballarat is getting its first speed/red light camera. They've managed to find one of the safest intersections that is heavily used but rarely has accidents. Just down the road from that intersection is one that is not quite so heavily used but has more accidents and is more dangerous.

Yet the intersection at Hallam were there have been recent deaths there is no traffic lights (think they are still trying to obtain funding for the traffic ligths yet they can find funding for more cameras.............)

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #30
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG

Maybe they think they're building up speed to get a decent run at the next intersection with that one! If there is an accident they wont get caught on the camera will they because the speed will be zero due to impact...