Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
2QWIK4U

Default What's it worth

hi all my mate has crashed his EF XR6 and is thinkin about buying another car but wants to know how much he can get for the XR6 first. the cars done 205,xxx has no chassis but has bent a steering arm (easy fix). theres is damage to the rear quarter panel, the front (minor) and rear bumpers and rear left wheel arch (just paint). so wot is every1's opinion on wot it worth? pics below

2QWIK4U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

$2-3k? EF, high Km, mechanical drama, severe panel issues, missing alloys. I wouldn't expect much unfortunately.

Also, I believe it is spelt "what"
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

You'd have buckleys getting four figures for it. I just sold a registered roadworthy AU with electrics for $3.5, there's no way that thing would be worth too much at all. Expect $800 if you're lucky. I mean you'd spend $2k on it and you'd be left with a car worth $2k. Write it off and move on.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$1000 if u find the right buyer. Does it have a full set of wheels? Looks like a bit of a thrash-mobile. I probably wouldn't touch it just coz it looks like it's been flogged (even if it hasn't).
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
Teflon Turbo
Banned

wreckers buy those for $300-$400
Teflon Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 PM   #6
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Looks a whole lot more like an EL to me ??
I think you could probably get around 1-2k for it -I'm sure someone would want it for spare parts or a project car.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #7
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Part it out if it has a good interior and front bar and surround. Would get more for it than how it stands at the moment.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-08-2009, 10:52 PM   #8
2QWIK4U

nah doesnt have a full set, bent 3 in the crash. mate didnt thrash it i no it looks that way but he saved for ages to buy this car. he was hoping to get 2 - 2.5 but im guessing that isnt realistic, next option was strip it and sell for parts
Old 12-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #9
ehast13
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had an eb xr6. only had 92,00klms. Hit a kangaroo. Needed Bonnet, bumper, front guard. Tyres were a bit bald, needed a polish etc. I got $800. Tried to get more for it, no-one interested
ehast13 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Absolutely poo all. As the boys say, def under the $1k mark

P plates, what looks like some sideways action damage, P plates. It adds up. Sorry fella ;)
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #11
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Dude, seriously?

You would be lucky enough to get $600 from it. Those cars are worth nothing now. Plus it has damage, we now have proof it was a 'P' platers car. That would reduce it to about $100...

And that's not even joking. Nobody is going to buy that car. He will get better money if he gets it done for scrap metal... They will probably give you more than its worth, if you're lucky.
XR6Runner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 12:39 AM   #12
2QWIK4U

u no im happy to put this up on the forums to get sum advice but getting 100 buks for it now come on mate grow up. the accident wasnt even his fault and yes there is a p plate and yes it does look bad with the stockies on the back but 100 bucks even i no ur acting like a 2 year old when u post sum chit like that
Old 13-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #13
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2QWIK4U
u no im happy to put this up on the forums to get sum advice but getting 100 buks for it now come on mate grow up. the accident wasnt even his fault and yes there is a p plate and yes it does look bad with the stockies on the back but 100 bucks even i no ur acting like a 2 year old when u post sum chit like that

Mate, please don't argue with me. How old is his car? More importantly, how old are you? How much damage does it have? It was a 'P' plater drivers car. What k's does it have? Even if he crashed and it wasn't his fault, how do we know? He could be a lier, just like you!Means he was a reckless driver!

Now it sums up to being less then $100... And I don't care if you think I should 'grow up'. I think its you who should grow up. Fords are worth nothing after that many years! How many years old is that. Take it or leave it. But they depreciate like crazy.

And it is so laughable that you show pictures of this car, say its a P platers car, and say it wasn't thrashed! Do you think the public is a bunch of dumb asses?
Old 13-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #14
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

@2QWIK4U

Well no offence, atleast he (XR6Runner) doesn't type like a 2 year old. We aren't text messaging here, english is the preferred language of the forum; I do suggest you use it.

Back to the point, tell your mate to clean it up and I'm sure you could snag $2k for it if it has rego. Fix the steering arm, knock out some of the dents, make sure it runs nicely - you'll find a buyer eventually.
Old 13-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #15
2QWIK4U

he only had the car for about a month mate if u want his number so u can talk to him about u can, he saved up for a very long time on a crappy salary just to get this car. u think he's gonna take it out for a drift session?????? did u want me to take the p plates of and put a set of 18's on there and say it was a hit and run? no i didnt i thought i would b honest and say yeah a p plater has been driving it. it has 205,xxx on the clock (if u read the post u would have seen it) the car is a 1997 (i think) EL XR6. and im 19 not like it matters
Old 13-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #16
2QWIK4U

yeh sorry about the sms typing its just a habit
Old 13-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #17
2QWIK4U

nice pm XR6runner and u call me the immature one????????????????
Old 13-08-2009, 01:08 AM   #18
Dave R

Come on guys, put it to rest and focus on the thread topic - or else staff will likely shut it down.
Old 13-08-2009, 01:12 AM   #19
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

I know I shouldn't respond. But still, its worth about $100... Its way over 10 years old, its been owned by a P plater, it has MASSIVE damage to it. Blah blah blah!

What else do you expect? You think its worth about $2000?
Old 13-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #20
Dave R

I don't think a P plater owner will lower the value, besides, he doesn't have to advertise that it is a former P plater's car. I think the right person will pay alot more than some of the figures in this thread, particularly if the car has rego and is tidied up.

& P platers are not all hoons! A certain few do give us a bad name though.
Old 13-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #21
2QWIK4U

mate i dont no what its worth, thuss the point of starting the thread. maybe i should just stoop to your level and pm you a message saying your dumb! like the one u sent me 10 mins ago. stay out of this thread if your not going to say anything constructive .
Old 13-08-2009, 01:21 AM   #22
2QWIK4U

mate i dont no what its worth, thuss the point of starting the thread. maybe i should just stoop to your level and pm you a message saying your dumb! like the one u sent me 10 mins ago. stay out of this thread if your not going to say anything constructive.
Old 13-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #23
XR6Runner
Sling Shot

Its worth $100, at most!

Im cutting the and what ever you want.

But if you can find a buyer that will buy for more, then awesome dude! All the more for you!

Sorry if I came off as blatant, its just who I am! I wish you luck in your venture!
Old 13-08-2009, 01:46 AM   #24
747jet
2 4 turning 2 4 burning

mate i can give you $200 for it.
747jet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 09:11 AM   #25
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Is it a manual? - if yes then I think you could get $2000 quite easily
if its auto I would say about $1-$1.500

I might be in the minority here but I don't think it looks that bad
Good luck with your mate selling it.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Coyote mk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 09:34 AM   #26
z80
Banned

If it has a full tank of petrol I'll offer $45 for it.

We'll cut the roof off and use it as a paddock bomb.
z80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #27
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

$250.
No more.
I agree with XR6runner, it's worth stuff all. Part it out mate it's a better way of making your money back.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #28
2QWIK4U

thanks coyote mk3 will give him a call today when i get a break at work to see what he wants to do with it. also its auto
Old 13-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #29
XDV800
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What a load of garbage this thread became.
To the OP, note to self, asking a forum that contains quite a lot of over-opinionated turkeys what a car is worth was A MISTAKE. You'll know better next time.
The vehicle is only worth what someone will pay for it. Either as a whole, or if that doesn't cash well enough, disassemble for parts.
Good luck to your mate.
XDV800 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post