Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #5371
Johnf150
Johnf150

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone I have a blue 1992 f150 styleside which I've had for 23 years im looking for 6 inch lift brackets and extended radius arms have a good day
Johnf150 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 01:25 AM   #5372
Rabcd
Starter Motor

Gidday everyone! I grew up with a neighbouring family of boys. They loved everything Chev and Holden. We helped to build a twin tunnel ram 396 in a Holden HQ body. I dreamed of the day when I would own my first V8 - and when I finally did, it was a Ford XB 302 Fairmont!!! I never felt so alive before! I followed that up with a ZG Fairlane 302 and never went back to what I grew up around! I am now in a different country and now drive a very conservative Ford AU! My dream car has been to own an XB Coupe as they have the "personality" I love! Thanks for reading this "old mans" 57 year old dodderings!!!
Rabcd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #5373
G6cheese
Starter Motor

Thumbs up Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Gday All,

Just bought a 2009 G6. So far so good. Had it in the driveway for 1 night and some twatt tried to peel back the top of the drivers door to get in.
Result: bent the top of the door, chrome moulding strip and cracked the plastic side cover.
Any info on how to remove the moulding and side cover would be really appreciated.

Cheers
G6cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #5374
ad.sherwin@gmail.c
Starter Motor

0Newbie
Hello all
I have a 2015 Everest with a couple of problems that dealer is struggling with.
It looses water over a week to emptying overflow tank but can't see any leaks
Above 100klms an hour right hand turn steering resistance changes suddenly.
I would like to become proactive and learn about the OBD software instead of relying entirely on dealer
Cheers
ad.sherwin@gmail.c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #5375
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad.sherwin@gmail.c View Post
0Newbie
Hello all
I have a 2015 Everest with a couple of problems that dealer is struggling with.
It looses water over a week to emptying overflow tank but can't see any leaks
Above 100klms an hour right hand turn steering resistance changes suddenly.
I would like to become proactive and learn about the OBD software instead of relying entirely on dealer
Cheers
Have you had a look in the Terry and Everest Forum ?
Old 05-11-2017, 03:40 AM   #5376
Fmonty

Thanks for the approval
I searched google to find out if security radio codes could be cracked which brought me here
I currently own a AU Fairmont
I think from AU onwards generally Fords ain't a bad thing
Fmonty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2017, 11:02 AM   #5377
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6cheese View Post
Gday All,

Just bought a 2009 G6. So far so good. Had it in the driveway for 1 night and some twatt tried to peel back the top of the drivers door to get in.
Result: bent the top of the door, chrome moulding strip and cracked the plastic side cover.
Any info on how to remove the moulding and side cover would be really appreciated.

Cheers
I would go to a wreckers and buy the replacement parts you need
While you're there ask them how to do it. That's all they do all day long so I expect that they will know.

For future reference, it's probably best to re-post your question in the relevant Falcon section of AFF as a new thread, that way you attract the attention of many other Falcon owners and get the best results. Quite often, not all members read the new member introduction posts here.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:37 PM   #5378
Paul782
Starter Motor

Hi all, new to the whole ford thing, having owned a Toyota 4x4 formthe past 12 years. The Rangers is 08 but new to me. Picked up loads of info already. I hopemto be a help too.
Paul782 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #5379
Chris Gibbs
Starter Motor

Hello to other Members

We have a Ford Territory turbo diesel for travelling Australia.

Regards Chris Gibbs
Chris Gibbs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #5380
Bushboy2000
Starter Motor

Hello to everyone.

Got a October 2007 Territory TX RWD, 4 speed, for a highway/travel car.

18" rims, so future TT brakes all round.

LPG Prins vapour injection.

I have been devouring all the Territory threads.

Have a couple of issues, and will raise in the T forum.

Cheers all.
Bushboy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-11-2017, 08:47 AM   #5381
Ziggy75
Starter Motor

Morning everyone!
Yet another newbie joining the forum. Just acquired a '75 ZG fairlane in pretty good nick.
Looking forward to joining in the chat.
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2278 (1).jpg (113.8 KB, 2 views)
Ziggy75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 15-11-2017, 07:38 AM   #5382
Wilsy
Starter Motor

Hi all,
I've been a Ford man all my life, I was even brought home from the hospital as a baby in one, my dads old Zephyr 6 Mk III! Fast forward 20 odd years later to the mid 80's and I was working at Ford's UK Plant in Dagenham Essex (ah the memories...), building them. My current car is probably the best one I've ever owned as far as reliability goes. It's a 2008 Ford Focus. I've had it since new and as I said it has never missed a beat... but just a bit boring.
The reason I joined the Forum is that I am SERIOUSLY considering building a Pursuit Special from Mad Max 1. I did start about 25 years ago when I emigrated to Perth Western Australia from the UK. I even had a sound donor XB Coupe; however, as is often the case, life got in the way and I had to sell it... I sold the Coupe with tones of spare parts for (God I can't believe I'm typing this) $3 grandAU.... I know, I know.... Anyway, after a recent serious health scare I've decided that life is to short and the longer you leave your dreams, the more expensive they become. Any help/advice with this project would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Oh, and thanks for having me!
T
Wilsy
Wilsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 17-11-2017, 12:44 PM   #5383
Candymoo
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to

Hi everyone!! I have to firstly admit I am actually a Holden fan 😂
But couple of years ago I got myself an AU Falcon, have been bagged for driving it but until now , I've had not problems with her, apart from dodgy door handles and windows lol. I actually really like my car... well it's not bad for a ford 😂😂😊
Candymoo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-11-2017, 12:58 PM   #5384
Markan
Starter Motor

Gday to everyone glad to be part of the forum, used to always drive holdens but just brought au series 3 xr6vct and big difference won't be turning back that's 4 sure just bit of dramas in the morning step on the exeleretor and sticks won't go back down to normal revs I think egr give it good clean hope fixes the problem. Cheers to all
Markan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #5385
Actionman56
Starter Motor

Hi
Just purchased a second hand 2013 Territory SZ AWD titanium

Not our first Ford- in the past have been proud owners of a 1984 ford Spectron XLT (great little people mover) and Telstar Ghia AX series 4 cylinder (lovely car) (both purchased second hand and also both re badged Mazda vehicles ...) Have also had fleet vehicles ranging from Ford econovan through ford ute to recently ford focus, and owned a couple of datsuns, and my first car was a VW passat, and wife currently drives a Mazda 2.

So not your traditional Ford Falcon 6 type ford owner! but nonetheless have been pretty happy with the fords i have had (well maybe excluding the ute which was dog... )

Planning on using the Territory to cover a bit of territory and see Australia- although, accepting its not a "proper" four wheel drive- so not planning on going "bush", and potentially towing a home on wheels behind us for a bit.
Was very impressed with the ride and comfort and relative manoeuvrability of the territory-which is lucky as you can see, most of our cars have been "small".

Have joined the forum to probe some of the mysteries regarding towing setup for the Territory and , also any issues to watch for while under warranty, and into the future. From what i have quickly gleened from other forums, that there are many versions of the truth and reality regarding territory towing setups (for >1600kg tows) and things that can and do go wrong... and how to fix em.
So Hi to all!!
Actionman56 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #5386
Cargelligo
PX Ranger & XD Ghia

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi,
I am just starting to build an XD Fairmont 3514V. I am guessing about ten years to completion. I hope to get a little help here and maybe help others.

Also have a PX Ranger and like to travel around when possible.

Even have a 1954 Fordson tractor nearing completion and in working condition.

Cheers
Cargelligo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #5387
Markan
Starter Motor

Hi to everyone, just brought a au series 3 xr6vct and sounds and goes will be posting q as soon as I know what I'm dealing with always had holdens but this car kicks *** my taco goes down fine but when exelerat it's like it moves slow takes under a sec to go up in revs and won't go all the way to say 5500 rvs? I think it is the kog wheel that turns if that makes sense interment panel blue tikford! Hope don't have to pull it apart hope it's a line from the trany to the sensor ???
Markan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #5388
MikeL
Starter Motor

G'Day
have had a few fords over the years, stating with a Mk 1 Consul, a couple of ZA Fairlaines and now a SZ Territory AWD, and it the Territory I am looking for help with.
On 2 occasions the brakes have stayed engaged/ locked on and barely able to drive to get off the road, brake pedal rock hard, to get the brakes to release had to reverse of sorts and hit the pedal hard then forward again hitting the pedal hard, this has released the brakes
Has anyone else found this problem and what was the fix
Thanks Mike
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-11-2017, 12:31 PM   #5389
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
G'Day
have had a few fords over the years, stating with a Mk 1 Consul, a couple of ZA Fairlaines and now a SZ Territory AWD, and it the Territory I am looking for help with.
On 2 occasions the brakes have stayed engaged/ locked on and barely able to drive to get off the road, brake pedal rock hard, to get the brakes to release had to reverse of sorts and hit the pedal hard then forward again hitting the pedal hard, this has released the brakes
Has anyone else found this problem and what was the fix
Thanks Mike
Welcome to AFF Mike. Have you had a look in the SZ forum ?

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=315
Old 23-11-2017, 03:32 PM   #5390
daveadams
Starter Motor

Great to join the ford forum l have 2 rtv,s both bf mk2 one an8 and the other a6. I'm pretty sure I have the last bf mk2 v8 made 2007 l bought it new it doze not have a badge identifying it as a v8. Love both of them especially the v8. Dave adams
daveadams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2017, 01:42 PM   #5391
Corrine78
Starter Motor

Hi everyone, me and my husband are proud owners of 4 xrs we have the BA xr6, an ef xr6 5 speed and two xr6 xh utes
Currently having starting issues with the ef so I thought I’d join and investigate! So far just by searching we have narrowed it down to the throttle body and is clicking over now so thanks for that! Get better answers on here than at the damn mechanic
Looking forward to fixing more cars
Corrine78 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2017, 06:36 PM   #5392
Phillthy
Starter Motor

Hi everyone. Just come back to being a ford owner. Just got myself an 06 Fairlane Ghia and looking at ideas of things I can do to it to improve it.
Phillthy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #5393
MikeL
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasOLane
Welcome to AFF Mike. Have you had a look in the SZ forum ?

https://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=315
Thanks for the direction to the SZ forum, having a bit of difficulty working around this group, not complaining, just an older fart thats a slow learner
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #5394
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Thanks for the direction to the SZ forum, having a bit of difficulty working around this group, not complaining, just an older fart thats a slow learner
Yeah, tell me about it
Old 30-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #5395
mad mex
Starter Motor

Arrow Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hello everybody this my 1st post....
Im in a pickel....ive transplanted into my ba fpv pursuit ute...
Fg 315 engine and 6 speed auto and computer....ive got all the reds light up but cant make it start....all possitive feedback very appetited.....Madmex:
mad mex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2017, 10:06 PM   #5396
gooch7615p
Starter Motor

Hi all. Just wanted to say gday and that I'm putting a unibar on my SY Territory for spotlights so if anyone has done it is love to hear from them. Cheers
gooch7615p is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #5397
PhilMax
Starter Motor

Just joined this forum today after picking up a new Ford Everest Trend UA yesterday. Got a few mods to do for towing a 2500 kg caravan such as brake controller, UHF radio, dual battery etc., so hoping to learn from others and add my two bob's worth as well.
PhilMax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #5398
kon-opt20
Starter Motor

Hi all. Have owned various fords only ..my current rides are an AU falcon as well as an EF xr8 opt20 ....awesome site and hope to chat to all. Have great day and thanks again for membership
kon-opt20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #5399
Gregor1053
Starter Motor

Hi Folks. New to this forum, having just bought a new Ranger XLT dual cab 4x4 to replace my Mazda BT50. I never really considered myself a Ford owner until we bought my wife a Focus Sport a couple of years ago - now we have 2!
Gregor1053 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #5400
d@rk51d3

Howdy all,

Had a couple of Fords over the years, XC 1/2 302 Fairmont, XF Fairmont Ghia (with XR-GT VIN funnily enough) and finally AU Forte, which we sold about 5 years ago. Stupidly snoozed on an XB GS coupe that went for $1000.

Back in the fold again, with an inherited 1976 F-250. Been keen on the Broncs and Effies for ages, and finally have one to play with............. or rather, sink funds into.

Was hoping for a V8 to be honest, but I knew it was a 6..... then thought it might have had the cast iron x-flow, but popping the bonnet for the first time revealed the facts. She's an early (March) 76, with a 250ci 1V high compression, and 4 on the floor, from what I can tell, and bad case of the brown dandruff flakes. Styleside has been replaced with a home-made tray, and 5th wheeler hitch, and a couple of LPG tanks.

Signed up to pick up some local know-how, and see if she's worth pursuing.

Cheers,
Reece.
d@rk51d3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post