Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #31
Highway star

Default Re: It get's worse...maybe..

Considering Australians love affair for SUV's then the new 888 will probably look something like this

Highway star is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-03-2016, 07:49 PM   #32
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pro drive have said they are sticking with the Falcon for next year and probably 2018 as well so will be a while before a Mustang hits the tracks.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2016, 08:23 PM   #33
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury 8 View Post
Pro drive have said they are sticking with the Falcon for next year and probably 2018 as well so will be a while before a Mustang hits the tracks.
G'day Mercury..That's really good ..I'm a regular follower of V8 Super cars , not rabid , so I miss a few announcements..Terrific..In April Wheels there was a whole story about this stuff..The CEO of the V8's was yet to confirm or deny whether the Penske backed DJR team were not using Fords next year too..I suspect if they do it'll be Mustangs..Still beats me why Ford Motorsport Global seem to be pulling the pin ,not least here in recent years except with a GT40 thing I understand..Maybe that's draining the kitty too much for mere mortals
Go Prodrive..Go Falcon..whether they're just look a likes or not...I wonder will Wheels do a head to head between the two Sprints XR6T ,XR8 and the Stang..That'd be an article worth reading..Cheers Rod.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-03-2016, 10:21 PM   #34
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
...I wonder will Wheels do a head to head between the two Sprints XR6T ,XR8 and the Stang..That'd be an article worth reading..Cheers Rod.
The Stang will be out of its depth.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-03-2016, 10:52 PM   #35
RANGEREST
Same ****-Different Day

Quote:
.The CEO of the V8's was yet to confirm or deny whether the Penske backed DJR team were not using Fords next year too..I suspect if they do it'll be Mustangs..Still beats me why Ford Motorsport Global seem to be pulling the pin ,not least here in recent years except with a GT40 thing I understand..Maybe that's draining the kitty too much for mere mortals
Go Prodrive..Go Falcon..whether they're just look a likes or not...I wonder will Wheels do a head to head between the two Sprints XR6T ,XR8 and the Stang..That'd be an article worth reading..Cheers Rod.
I doubt DJRTP will develop the Mustang on their own, even if it is "just" a body change,
PRA for example, have spent shiploads on the Falcon development and need other teams such as DJRTP to subsidize costs.(as they are currently)
UA2 Everest Trend 2.0lt
RANGEREST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 31-03-2016, 01:36 PM   #36
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
..That led me to start thinking this morning about are they going to leave us in the lurch for genuine spare parts in years to come for the outgoing Falcons , Territory , Focus etc...after the mandatory 10 year rule expires...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
I was trying to read how you came to this conclusion?
I really don't see what the V8 supercars has to do with on going parts supply.
or manufacturing in Australia for that matter.

on going parts are based on supply and demand.

Hilux for example
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #37
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Quote:
..That led me to start thinking this morning about are they going to leave us in the lurch for genuine spare parts in years to come for the outgoing Falcons , Territory , Focus etc...after the mandatory 10 year rule expires...

I really don't see what the V8 supercars has to do with on going parts supply.
or manufacturing in Australia for that matter.

on going parts are based on supply and demand.

Hilux for example
G'day... I'm hoping that some of the components companies are multi manufacturer suppliers and will have enough business from us all to keep supplying Ford and GMH Toyota owners well into the future , that's all..Without local manufacturing and a race profile once Falcon , Commodore and such finally pull the pin , will that contribute to what eventually is available ? I hope that in the next period of time places like Rare Spares expand into this field more and more..Maybe Supercheap , Autobarn etc will too..We'll see..in the next decade or so for sure...With whatever eventually takes Falcon's place ie Mondeo/Fusion as well as ,Mustang , Focus ,Kuga, Ranger.... I expect Ford Genuine parts supply chain will exist because of warranty matters but I think the "after market" and non genuine will become more and more common over time..It just has to be a factor for Falcon/ Territory owners in particular.. Cheers Rod..

Last edited by roddy1960; 31-03-2016 at 09:21 PM.
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #38
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
G'day... I'm hoping that some of the components companies are multi manufacturer suppliers and will have enough business from us all to keep supplying Ford and GMH Toyota owners well into the future , that's all..Without local manufacturing and a race profile once Falcon , Commodore and such finally pull the pin , will that contribute to what eventually is available ? I hope that in the next period of time places like Rare Spares expand into this field more and more..Maybe Supercheap , Autobarn etc will too..We'll see..in the next decade or so for sure...With whatever eventually takes Falcon's place ie Mondeo/Fusion as well as ,Mustang , Focus ,Kuga, Ranger.... I expect Ford Genuine parts supply chain will exist because of warranty matters but I think the "after market" and non genuine will become more and more common over time..It just has to be a factor for Falcon/ Territory owners in particular.. Cheers Rod..
I think you can relax. I have a 22year old XG Longreach Ute (180,000kms) and a 29 year old Mercedes (520,000 kms).

The only part I've ever had trouble getting was a battery bracket for the Ute.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:33 AM   #39
iCat
doof doof doof doof

God it's all so bloody sad. The ford logo has become so sanitised, you could almost say politically correct. That's not what I signed up for.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:03 AM   #40
Kieron
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGEREST View Post
I doubt DJRTP will develop the Mustang on their own, even if it is "just" a body change,
PRA for example, have spent shiploads on the Falcon development and need other teams such as DJRTP to subsidize costs.(as they are currently)
I'm fairly sure Ford funded the FG-X Aero development, PRA will have spent a fortune developing what's under the skin, chiefly the front suspension.

Given that Erebus developed the Merc aero out of their own pockets, I'm sure PRA could do something similar with the Mustang or even Mondeo without requiring other teams to subsidise the cost. The side benefit if they should do it is they would effectively capture all the Ford fans and therefore, the lucrative merchandising dollar which may more than cover the cost of the aero development.
Kieron is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2016, 12:51 PM   #41
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I actually work as a supplier to Ford and many of the component suppliers.
so have first hand experience with it all scaling down.
One of the products we make is the Genuine Ford Parts label supplied to local manufacturers or packaging companies.
Most of the parts come from overseas now, to my knowledge there are no companies making only parts for our Automotive industry active today.

not only that all Automotive companies have huge problems with Counterfeit parts. as I said before if there is a demand there is a supply.
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post