Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 13-10-2017, 02:41 AM   #1
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 
Exclamation World's First - Purchased Lambo with Bitcoin

Hello everyone!,

I just saw this amazing video about the serious entrepreneur & could not wait to share it with you guys!.

Peter Saddington, a serial entrepreneur, bitcoin and cryptocurrency enthusiast, decided to buy his dream car with Bitcoin to encourage his community at The Bitcoin Pub and his YouTube Community that bitcoin and cryptocurrency is more than just a novel idea - it’s real technological breakthrough and currency!

He helps share his knowledge and experience at The Bitcoin Pub with the help and support of the community through his Patreon, a community-based system that can help creators monetise their work.

Watch the video here:

I’m part of the bitcoinpub and hold a moderator role.
Please let me know if you have any questions regarding Peter, The Bitcoin Pub, or how to live an amazing crypto-lifestyle (yes, that’s a thing!).

Looking forward to the conversation!

Old 13-10-2017, 03:53 AM   #2
Lunch
Wait, what?

Default Re: World's First - Purchased Lambo with Bitcoin

Great investment at $2.52, probably not so much at $4,000
This user likes this post:
Old 13-10-2017, 03:56 AM   #3
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: How to change Ford FG upper control arm bushes + Home made pressing tool 

Do you mean $6600 AUD ?
I got in at 2500 AUD this year and I feel pretty good.
Never too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch View Post
Great investment at $2.52, probably not so much at $4,000
Old 13-10-2017, 05:58 AM   #4
Lunch
Wait, what?

As you would be but at almost $70k for 10, she's a little too expensive
Old 13-10-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
Makovic

Another speculative bubble. E.g. during the Dutch tulip speculation of the 17th century, a single bulb traded for the equivalent of $500K aus before that bubble crashed. Suckers won't have a pot to pizz in when the latest music stops.

Thinking is the hardest work, and that's why so few people engage in it. Henry Ford
5 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2017, 08:03 AM   #6
Sioso
irregular member

I've noticed the odd seller on Carsales saying they will accept Bitcoin as payment.
Old 13-10-2017, 11:20 AM   #7
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Best investment ever. Acquired a couple of coins at 4,900 per piece just two weeks. Today they are worth 6,800 each. Haven't seen anything go up as quick, its almost unbelievable
Old 13-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #8
Lunch
Wait, what?

Was chatting to a guy at work about them this morning, he said he first looked at them when they were $500aud, didn't but any though
Old 13-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #9
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Best investment ever. Acquired a couple of coins at 4,900 per piece just two weeks. Today they are worth 6,800 each. Haven't seen anything go up as quick, its almost unbelievable
What could possibly go wrong.

Just hope you bail out on the high side and not before the inevitable crash.
3 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2017, 03:16 PM   #10
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How much of the bitcoin demand is driven by cryptolocker hackers' victims? And does this sound like a good basis for a business model?
Old 13-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #11
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are comparing flower to a cutting edge world changing technology.
Time will tell.
This topic will be here in a few years and will look at it then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makovic View Post
Another speculative bubble. E.g. during the Dutch tulip speculation of the 17th century, a single bulb traded for the equivalent of $500K aus before that bubble crashed. Suckers won't have a pot to pizz in when the latest music stops.
Old 13-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #12
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Sounds just like the early 90s Ostrich eggs..
4 users like this post:
Old 13-10-2017, 10:38 PM   #13
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

I posted the following on 27-8-2017...
https://fordforums.com.au/showpost.p...&postcount=250

Anyone who took that advice and invested in Bitcoin would have made nearly US$15,000 in a month and a half
Old 13-10-2017, 10:39 PM   #14
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you!
Good to hear mate!
See you on the moon. Keep holding on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia
This is exactly what happened to me.
It $100. Expensive.
500. Expensive
1000 expensive..
Never too late. Buy it now and hold on to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunch
Was chatting to a guy at work about them this morning, he said he first looked at them when they were $500aud, didn't but any though
People will do bad things with any currency.
Bitcoin should not be held liable for it!
We need to find the people behind the crypto-locker viruses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
How much of the bitcoin demand is driven by cryptolocker hackers' victims? And does this sound like a good basis for a business model?
Old 13-10-2017, 10:50 PM   #15
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When that happens, expect to reach the moon.
Buckle up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sioso View Post
I've noticed the odd seller on Carsales saying they will accept Bitcoin as payment.
Old 13-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #16
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Bitcoin is here to stay, but what will be more significant in the coming year will be the uptake and further use of its underlying technology, blockchain.
Old 13-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #17
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yes.
It's been almost 10 years since its invention.
It's only going up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
Bitcoin is here to stay, but what will be more significant in the coming year will be the uptake and further use of its underlying technology, blockchain.
Old 14-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #18
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So who is buying more BTC?
Please drop your questions here if you have any.
Old 14-10-2017, 09:06 AM   #19
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Why are the prices skyrocketing, and why have Investors not bought up all the remaining Bitcoins if they are such a good deal?

I have just been introduced to Bitcoin from a colleague and I am more than skeptical at the moment.
Old 14-10-2017, 10:02 AM   #20
mr smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bank interest and credit is cheap. End result is asset bubbles and get rich schemes. First things to go during a correction.
This tread also seems more like a spruke for Bitcoin rather than being car related.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2017, 12:07 PM   #21
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Because the dollar you own devalues over time. It is higly
manipulated.
Another reason is the difficulty to create 1 Btc increases over time(electricity and computing power costs).
There are a lot of investors already.
Do you mean the big guys?
They love their Fiat but one day they will start discovering BTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy
Why are the prices skyrocketing, and why have Investors not bought up all the remaining Bitcoins if they are such a good deal?

I have just been introduced to Bitcoin from a colleague and I am more than skeptical at the moment.
Old 14-10-2017, 12:13 PM   #22
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
What could possibly go wrong.

Just hope you bail out on the high side and not before the inevitable crash.
Cashed out when it hit $7000 a coin yesterday. No regrets. I'm not into long term investments , who is promised that they'll even be around tomorrow or next week to enjoy the benefits
3 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #23
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This thread is about the LAMBO which was bought using Bitcoin for the first time on earth.
I found it interesting so i thought you may find it interesting too.
I don't own a lambo but if you have any questions about the lambo, you can sign up to the bitcoin pub forum and ask him directly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr smith View Post
Bank interest and credit is cheap. End result is asset bubbles and get rich schemes. First things to go during a correction.
This tread also seems more like a spruke for Bitcoin rather than being car related.
Old 14-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #24
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 14-10-2017, 03:34 PM   #25
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Moved to the Bar as the thread is only vaguely Automotive related.
Old 14-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #26
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Fitting New Iridium Plugs & the state of the old ones - (Photo Essay) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossy View Post

You cannot buy up all the remaining Bitcoins, because they have not been released (mined) as yet.

The Bitcoins need to be "mined", which means people use very fast computers based on fast graphic cards built solely for the purpose by doing work on the Blockchain solving complex mathematical problems.... They are rewarded for their work in Bitcoins for finding a new block (Block reward).

This is the cryptographic work which miners perform in order to find the solution which allows them to define a new block in the chain.

The problem is that it costs a lot of electricity to mine a Bitcoin. To make it worthwhile, mining is best done with solar panels or overseas where electricity pricing is not as high as in Australia.

The rate at which coins can be mined gets less and less over the years till it reaches the 21,000,000 total coins that will ever be released in Bitcoins.

It will get harder to mine them in the years ahead because the computing power needed to mine them increases as the mathematical difficulty increases on the Blockchain.

In the very early days of Bitcoin, one could mine them with a normal desktop PC using fast CPU's alone... But now even the fastest Intel CPU's are too slow and an array of much faster dedicated graphic cards are used.

A state of the art Bitcoin miner PC (ASIC mining rig) costs about US$3,000 to buy.

The cost of running such a machine at say 30 cents a kilowatt hour in Australia would be about $3,100 a year!

So what miners are now doing is working as a "pool" or mining team with their dedicated mining computers a bit like the "SETI" program where users all over the world devote computer downtime to find evidence for extraterrestrial intelligence in the universe.

When Bitcoins are mined by the team with pooled computers, they then agree to share in the Bitcoins.

Think of it as ten people digging a hole in the ground with shovels instead of just one person... Much faster of course.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 14-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 14-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #27
gkhn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thank you very much for contributing this sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FURTHER View Post
You cannot buy up all the remaining Bitcoins, because they have not been released (mined) as yet.

The Bitcoins need to be "mined", which means people use very fast computers based on fast graphic cards built solely for the purpose by doing work on the Blockchain solving complex mathematical problems.... They are rewarded for their work in Bitcoins for finding a new block (Block reward).

This is the cryptographic work which miners perform in order to find the solution which allows them to define a new block in the chain.

The problem is that it costs a lot of electricity to mine a Bitcoin. To make it worthwhile, mining is best done with solar panels or overseas where electricity pricing is not as high as in Australia.

The rate at which coins can be mined gets less and less over the years till it reaches the 21,000,000 total coins that will ever be released in Bitcoins.

It will get harder to mine them in the years ahead because the computing power needed to mine them increases as the mathematical difficulty increases on the Blockchain.

In the very early days of Bitcoin, one could mine them with a normal desktop PC using fast CPU's alone... But now even the fastest Intel CPU's are too slow and an array of much faster dedicated graphic cards are used.

A state of the art Bitcoin miner PC (ASIC mining rig) costs about US$3,000 to buy.

The cost of running such as machine at say 30 cents a kilowatt hour in Australia would be about $3,100 a year!

So what miners are now doing is working as a "pool" or mining team with their dedicated mining computers a bit like the "SETI" program where users all over the world devote computer downtime to find evidence for extraterrestrial intelligence in the universe.

When Bitcoins are mined by the team with pooled computers, they then agree to share in the Bitcoins.

Think of it as ten people digging a hole in the ground with shovels instead of just one person... Much faster of course.
Old 14-10-2017, 05:19 PM   #28
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So bitcoin is more like gold than currency, which can be printed as needed to provide fiscal stimulus?

That surely puts a limit on its utility as currency per se? I cant see a nation relying on bitcoin itself, but perhaps some other form of digital currency that can be generated as needed.
Old 14-10-2017, 06:00 PM   #29
GO FURTHER
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
So bitcoin is more like gold than currency, which can be printed as needed to provide fiscal stimulus?

That surely puts a limit on its utility as currency per se? I cant see a nation relying on bitcoin itself, but perhaps some other form of digital currency that can be generated as needed.
Not really... As there will never be more than 21,000,000 Bitcoins released or in circulation. Once this amount has been reached, no more can be mined.

New gold can always be found or mined.

Being a finite supply... If Bitcoin takes off, and If demand exceeds supply, then the price will rise like any other commodity.

It is estimated by some, that within 20 years, a Bitcoin could reach as much as US$100,000.

The two biggest threats to Bitcoin are:

1. Other emerging digital currencies that may be more accepted with the public and retailers and with better Blockchain security. Or even one of the hundreds already in existence.

2. Government regulation that may prohibit the use and making Bitcoin illegal as a currency in certain countries.

If a large respected player such as Paypal, Visa or Amex came out with a digital currency of its own and it was marketed properly... It could have the advantage of toppling most cryptocurrencies in circulation today.

The problem with cryptocurrencies today including Bitcoin is that only 1% of the world's population know or fully understand it, unlike shares and other traditional forms of investment.

I also think Bitcoin also needs to be accepted on the World's stock exchanges to be seen as a serious investment.

Bitcoin's has the "first mover" advantage and has been around for along time though.

Last edited by GO FURTHER; 14-10-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 14-10-2017, 07:21 PM   #30
ford man xf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You're much better investing in property and viable shares.
It's pretty amusing though, considering the XR8 next year will be reborn with the same spec engine as the FG GT, could you imagine being a HSV owner forking out all that money on a brand new GTS, then pulling up to the lights next to a FH XR8 and then sitting side by side all the way to 100 and beyond
Even more embarrasing would be the lower spec variants of the VF in HSV's stable getting whopped by a factory XR8.
Closed Thread