Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > MR FPV

MR FPV FORD & FPV ONLY Website Link

Old 18-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #1
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default FG Reverse Sensors / Cameras

Hi there,
Just want to know what my options are for a car I have just purchased. It is a 2010 FG XR50 and I'd like to fit the rear sensors and maybe the camera as well. I called in to my local Ford dealer this afternoon and the parts guy said that these kits are no longer available and I'd have to go after market.

The previous owner has also fitted a Hayman Reece towbar to this car but it doesn't seem to have a plug wired up. There is one available through ebay at the moment which is a plug in loom with the square type connector - one is suitable for rear sensors, should I get that one??

I'd prefer to keep this one all OEM if possible, I know my way around the earlier models but must admit that I know not much on the newer ones. Just after some advice.

Also, my EF XR6 wagon has the upgraded alarm and I am wondering if there was a similar upgrade available for FG??

Thank you

Paul B.

South Australian Motor Racing Officials Association (SAMROA) is Recruiting.
No Experience Necessary - We'll Train You!!
So, If you are in Adelaide and want to stand alongside a track waving multi-coloured flags at racing cars (truthfully we do a lot more than that) PM me for any further information.

My Gallery Photos Here

Last edited by XR6WGN; 18-01-2016 at 10:40 PM.
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2016, 06:35 AM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Adrenaline: Russell's outstanding management and contributions to the technical resources portal of the forum, in addition to valuable technical contributions made in all other areas of the forum. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Falcon Coupe: For being the driving force behind everything here. Countless hours behind the scenes working to make AFF the great place it is. 
Default Re: FG Reverse Sensors / Cameras

OK. Check with ASL to see what they have for the reverse camera kits although you could just buy the individual component is the kit isn't available any more as it's really only a wiring loom, the camera and mount, the sensors (if you decide to have those as well) and then someone to program the system using IDS once it is all installed.

There is an alarm module available for the FPV's that can be dealer fitted and which includes a raft of additional sensors.

Cheers
Russ

Just say yes to torque converters

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #3
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG Reverse Sensors / Cameras

Thankyou Russell, just a couple of little enhancements I would like to have eventually.

South Australian Motor Racing Officials Association (SAMROA) is Recruiting.
No Experience Necessary - We'll Train You!!
So, If you are in Adelaide and want to stand alongside a track waving multi-coloured flags at racing cars (truthfully we do a lot more than that) PM me for any further information.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post