Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-11-2016, 12:38 PM   #61
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Whats wrong with our country

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorenutt View Post
Totally agree.

The OP nailed it with the words "self-entitlement" - it is so rampant in society these days.

I know a number of high school teachers. When we were in high school, you had to show respect to the teachers and other staff. Nobody dared to backchat the principal.

If you got into serious trouble, the school called your parents, they had an interview with the teacher & principal, you go home, and your parents issued whatever a fitting punishment was (grounding, no TV, no pocket money etc).

Now there's very little respect towards teachers (same with cops, and any other figure of authority, thanks to the namby pamby PC brigade).

These days, when a kid gets in trouble at school, the parents call the school to arrange the "interview" which becomes a one-sided attack on the teacher, with the parents refusing to admit their little angel could do anything wrong, and it's now all the teacher's fault.

And how dare the teacher single out their child publicly in front of 20 other kids in the classroom - now we'll sue the teacher for defamation of character.....
That's a true story.

Everything has been turned upside down intentionally and it's been planed that way, so as to work and destroy nations and the people don't know, that you are being lead astray and will become enslaved under all the spin that's feed up day in day out.

Once freedom of speech (be it what being said is right or wrong) is restricted in any way, then the good health or democracy is finished and your dictating Political Correct Nazis come out shoving others around as if you are their cattle.
The fact is such creeps own you then, but the main problem is that most people don't believe they could loose there freedom, fact is freedom comes at a cost and you have to work at keeping that healthy.
The Aussies who went into WW1 WW2 must be turning in their graves to know that nowadays most people don't truly lookup to what was there inheritance given to this nation was and people who worship the Political Correct gods are on the same path as the Nazis and Commies with there utopian dribble that only lead there own people astray into only misery.

All our political leaders are puppets and first rate in the art of lie's, we see a serious allegation put forward and we see a stupid smiling response directly or laugh it off and truly a normal person would just not do such a thing in response.
Public relations officer's are much the same art form of just dog cunning spin trying to delude you.
Just remember such people are parasites and Vampires that only have there own interest at heart first and foremost.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #62
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSAU2XR8 View Post
Firebugs! Last night on the news they caught some 16 YO kid who burned up 300 hectares and 7 houses and a bunch of farm animals. Notwithstanding the property damage it beats me as to why someone would think burning up a bunch of animals is entertainment. I think govt should, after a period of education/public notification, start charging firebugs with hundreds of charges of animal cruelty if they get caught lighting a bushfire. Maybe even give them a day or two of non-negotiable gaol for every animal they burn. At least might make them think a little more about the consequences of their actions....
Bring back corporal punishment, this will change the tune of the likes of these people.

Cat of nine tails sounds good.

Last edited by Itsme; 06-11-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #63
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO View Post
Oh well mate!
Tony Abbott was sorting all this out for you & hopefully he will get in there again to finish the job required!!!
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...ca2ae5df8fb505

Is that the same Tony Abbott that has trouble hanging on to a fire truck ??
This user likes this post:
Old 06-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #64
LTD Ute
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TITO View Post
Oh well mate!
Tony Abbott was sorting all this out for you & hopefully he will get in there again to finish the job required!!!
Abbot was the problem then, a National Country Party has hamstrung any
efforts Malcolm can direct any agenda and Shorten hedges his bets so far
he no longer represents the workers vote.

No one gives a ***** and that is the problem.

This country is better than this. We can and more importantly should do
better for our kids future.

XByoot - "Yeah I think the Utes are the new coupes...you get as much rust at a far cheaper price"
LTD Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2016, 11:40 PM   #65
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintman1 View Post
We need more refuges......
Good as long as they all live at your house ,steal your car beat your wife and marry your 12 year old daughter,then blow up the school and stab the local police
Old 07-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #66
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr8cam View Post
I just turned 48 and as I get older I become more aware of the 'male privilege & sense of entitlement' that's prevalent in our society. We teach it to our children and it is a massive problem as the huge increase in domestic violence shows. Our governments soloution, a new prison in two states opening next year, but no education or attempt to tackle the problem or ask why its happening. A good example is gambling. Most people think it's perfectly acceptable to kill thousands of horses and dogs each year when they stop running fast enough. What sort of society thinks this is ok when it is possible to control dog ownership so well there is never strays as some Europe countries boast, often the same places that have much softer drug laws & much less crime & addiction. Australian politicians are for the most part,pathetic puppets.
Explain to me this concept of 'male priviledge'.

Quote:
  • Suicide is approximately three times higher in males, which is consistent across every state and territory of Australia, and also statistics reported in other Western countries.
  • The ratio of male to female suicides rose from 2:1 in the 1960s to over 4:1 in the 1990s. Since the year 2000, the ratio of male to female suicides has been approximately 3:1.
  • For males, in 2015 the most common mechanism of suicide was hanging (58.8%), followed by poisoning by drugs (10.3%), firearms (7.6%) and then poisoning by other agents (7.4%).
  • For females, in 2015 hanging (48.7%) was also the most common method, followed by poisoning by drugs (26.3%).
  • In 2015, suicide represented 2.8% of all male deaths and 0.9% of all female deaths.
http://www.mindframe-media.info/for-...acts-and-stats

Quote:
In Australia, workplace fatalities include workers (both employees and self-employed) who suffer a fatal injury at worki. A report released by Safe Work Australia, Australian Work-related Injury Experience by Sex and Age, 2009-10, revealed that in 2009-10 638,400 workers reported they had incurred a work-related injury in the last 12 months – an injury incidence rate of 57.9 per 1,000 workersii.

In FY2009-10, 111 people died in workplace incidents, with the vast majority (95%) being meni. Of the 111 deaths, 9 were female. The data also revealed that the majority of deaths (49) occurred in the 35-54 years age group. 29 of the people who had died were workers aged 15-34 years and the remaining 33 were aged 55 years and overi.
https://www.allianz.com.au/life-insu...-the-workplace

Quote:
Contrary to common beliefs, up to One in Three victims of sexual assault and at least One in Three victims of family violence and abuse is male1 (perhaps as many as one in two - see our overview of research page). The vast majority (94%) of perpetrators of intimate partner violence against males are female, reflecting the fact that the vast majority of intimate relationships are heterosexual (men in same-sex relationships are just as likely as straight men to experience IPV). Other family members who perpetrate violence against males are just as likely to be male as female.
http://www.oneinthree.com.au/

On the topic of domestic violence, where are our 'mens shelters' for us to escape to?

Plenty of womens shelters to escape domestic violence, but sweet **** all for us, try report it to the police and you'll get laughed out of the building.

As soon as someone tries to tell our end of the story, it gets targeted:

Quote:
The Red Pill: Melbourne cinema drops men's rights film after feminist backlash
https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...inist-backlash

Quote:
Security guards hired for Melbourne screening of The Red Pill
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...9bb-1478433553

It seems to me 'male priviledge' translates to:

Much higher rates of suicide.

Much higher rates workplace deaths.

Also victims of domestic violence without half as much help as women can receive.

Whats wrong with our country? Too many SJW's and too much pandering to trendy topics rather than getting done what has to be done.

Look at this debate that has been raging on about same sex marriage, where was the debate about our manufacturing industry that nearly dates back to 100 years, that just up-ended and left?

Lots of talk about same sex marriage but not one iota of the tens of thousands of people who are about to lose their jobs, where was the manufacturing industries $100M+ 'plebicite' and front page news?
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2016, 10:41 AM   #67
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Cherry-picking for 'male privilege' can skew the argument in whatever direction you want.

Did you know that no woman has died from prostate cancer? How's that fair for us poor men?
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #68
bingoTE50
Steve

The only problem I have is that we are hellbent on appeasing the all mighty " merica " .
When you look at what is happening right now over there , I ask myself why are we in bed with these clowns . Why cant we work it out for ourselves.
bingoTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #69
sprintman1
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Good as long as they all live at your house ,steal your car beat your wife and marry your 12 year old daughter,then blow up the school and stab the local police
Went way over your head didn't it?
sprintman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2016, 11:21 AM   #70
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghia5L View Post
Cherry-picking for 'male privilege' can skew the argument in whatever direction you want.

Did you know that no woman has died from prostate cancer? How's that fair for us poor men?
But men can get breast cancer....

Just sayin'.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 11:31 AM   #71
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post

Just sayin'.....

Never forget
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 08-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #72
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Too many politically correct people that cross-fit 5 times a week and vape.
xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #73
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Just sayin'.....
Yep, my dad died from it when i was 15
fordomatic is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 08:55 PM   #74
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazawaki View Post
Refuges definition, shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm. See more

Got me when I first read it thought it was refugees
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #75
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11 View Post
Refuges definition, shelter or protection from danger, trouble, etc.: to take refuge from a storm. See more

Got me when I first read it thought it was refugees
LOL

Ironically we need more refuges for refugees!
Old 08-11-2016, 11:03 PM   #76
Silver'
T-Series Club Member Vic

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent write ups on AU technical issues. 

Quote:
Yep... going through that right now. The fun never ends but soon enough she will get the court letters my team are preparing and I can't wait.

This doesn't sound like it's going to end well. But good luck with it, I hope you get a fair outcome.
TE2 #116
Build/Maintenance thread here.
www.fte.ford.com.au lives! 2001 2002
Add a T-series to the Registry HERE
Silver' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #77
xr8cam

My definition of Rich white male privilege & sense of entitlement.
If you need a definition-watch the USA now the king of RWMP is running the show. It is a perfect fit with the other rich white male, Malcom Turnbull.
:Many countries are founded on this, like USA and Australia. The real land owners kicked out, killed off, imprisoned and ultimately dispossessed.
:Over 60 women dead this year from domestic violence. DV fastest growing cause of incarceration. Something to be real proud of, NOT.
:Thousands of horses & dogs killed in the name of racing or what gamblers call sport. Who makes money off this? Rich white males. Who loses, those who can't afford it. Everyday you see examples of this and sense of entitlement on the roads. People that think they have a bigger claim on life than somebody else. :Rich white people that cut down trees because it blocks their million dollar views. Remember that when the charity's go around the country after a disaster,they don't bother going to upmarket postcodes because they get nothing.I could go on & on but I feel I have made my point

Last edited by xr8cam; 09-11-2016 at 07:38 PM.
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #78
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The real land owners kicked out, killed off, imprisoned and ultimately dispossessed.
Real land owners? They were conquered. Happened all over the world, but its usually only where the native population had a different skin colour that they have trouble letting go. Grab a decent history textbook and see how often borders changed all over Europe.

Quote:
:Over 60 women dead this year from domestic violence. DV fastest growing cause of incarceration. Something to be real proud of, NOT.
2300 males commit suicide. Want to hazard a guess how many are driven to it because of family problems? Lack of access to their kids, etc? Funny how the feminists are quick to point out psychological abuse as a form of DV to conflate female DV stats, but when you try to apply the same logic to male suicide, no one wants to know.

Quote:
:Thousands of horses & dogs killed in the name of racing or what gamblers call sport. Who makes money off this? Rich white males.
It isn't rich white males that make up the majority of gamblers, not by any stretch. Want to end horse/dog exploitation, stop betting on it!

Quote:
:Rich white people that cut down trees because it blocks their million dollar views.
How many non-rich rort welfare, workers comp etc because they feel entitled to it, for no better reason than having a chip on their shoulder about having less than someone else?

Quote:
Remember that when the charity's go around the country after a disaster,they don't bother going to upmarket postcodes because they get nothing.I could go on & on but I feel I have made my point
Rubbish. I used to do some work for an NFP, and the vast majority of their sponsors/donors were big business. If they don't hit up the more affluent postcodes, its because the people in those postcodes are already giving through their business.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 AM   #79
xr8cam

http://www.sap.mit.edu/content/pdf/male_privilege.pdf
Have a look at this and the the definition of Domestic & Family violence under the family law act of Australia. Its not the feminists who are labeling verbal abuse as domestic violence it is the law. For real statistics see AIFS Research which is valid & reliable unlike other sources. https://aifs.gov.au/
A feminist is someone who believes in equal rights, that is all it is. We should all be feminists unless that is, you believe women are inferior.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 01:22 AM   #80
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRsYwu8uD4I

men have to be the only oppressor class in history who are less educated, more victimized, and have shorter lives than those they oppress.

Quote:
A feminist is someone who believes in equal rights, that is all it is. We should all be feminists unless that is, you believe women are inferior.
That definition has long since been replaced. So much so, you have feminists like Christina Hoff Sommers distancing themselves from what the modern feminist movement has become.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 01:46 AM   #81
xr8cam

I can't see anything wrong with not wanting a society where men bash rape and assault other men women and children. I don't want todays children to grow up and choose violent partners or to be violent partners. I don't want exploitation & cruelty to animals to continue. There is so much anger & hatred in people today, I feel as a society we are losing touch with what really matters & is needed.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #82
superyob
Banned

Quote:
I can't see anything wrong with not wanting a society where men bash rape and assault other men women and children. I don't want todays children to grow up and choose violent partners or to be violent partners. I don't want exploitation & cruelty to animals to continue. There is so much anger & hatred in people today, I feel as a society we are losing touch with what really matters & is needed.
Virtue signalling at its best. Empty emotional rhetoric. SJW causes lost big time yesterday. It's time to live in the real world and throw your rainbows and unicorns in the trash...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #83
superyob
Banned

White privilege = 'where men bash rape and assault other men women and children'

Islamic terrorism = nothing to do with the 'religion of peace'

Go and sort out your snivelling whining anti white male discourse on an ABC forum and let the adults talk here...
superyob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #84
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by superyob View Post
White privilege = 'where men bash rape and assault other men women and children'

Islamic terrorism = nothing to do with the 'religion of peace'

Go and sort out your snivelling whining anti white male discourse on an ABC forum and let the adults talk here...
White Privilege is a myth derived from United States out of touch parasitic university academics to excuse Black crime and under achievement, giving them a sense of entitlement in a case of can do no wrong. To shift the blame to whites and in particular white men, even though a huge number are doing it tough financially, mentally and socially. At the same time ignoring the success of people of colour in the U.S. that aren't black. Flying in the face of the white privilege myth.
It is now sticking on here, funnily enough by wealthy left leaning whites.
The white male is a dying species. The bulk of them will die off in twenty years. We shall see how their kids and grand kids get on when they are tenants to the Chinese and Indians.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #85
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To add to your quote superyob. Consider when a white man in America goes on a shooting rampage. Front page head lines on the opposite side of the world for a few days running.
Leftists and those brain dead enough to respond to emotive head lines call for lynching of white Christian men (At the same time failing to acknowledge Chicago for example has approx 30 black on black gun murders per day!).
Contrast that to the August shopping mall stabbing in the U.S. who happened to be from the Middle East. Received no media exposure down here. Because it didn't fit the liberal narrative of anti white, anti gun, anti Christian.

Then there is the hugely disproportionate black male on white female rape stats in the U.S. and Muslim male on white female rapes in Europe, so bad Sweden is the (reported) rape capital of the world.
Liberals and media don't turn this into a race or cultural issue like they do with a white shooter. They lump all men into the same boat as if we are all guilty and shift blame from the offenders. Feminists don't just stay silent, they are rooting for more of these incompatible migrants into the West. Further proof liberalism is a form of mental illness.

Last edited by smoo; 10-11-2016 at 09:32 AM.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #86
xr8cam

10 years ago it would be a brave bloke who discussed mental health with his mates. These days, thankfully attitudes have changed. The only way to stop the breakdown of relationships is to educate boys & girls from school age about communication and identity.Ask a 10 year old boy what it means to be a man and strength, tough, no crying & powerful are typical answers. If boys are taught that discussing feelings is okay, they will be much more balanced adults & the risk of suicide will be reduced greatly. We can always improve ourselves and sometimes that involves some discomfort but we owe it to ourselves. It would be truly great if we stopped following the trends of USA & UK and established our own. We are a great country that has a reputation of being a safe place. Let's make it safe for everyone.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:12 PM   #87
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
10 years ago it would be a brave bloke who discussed mental health with his mates. These days, thankfully attitudes have changed. The only way to stop the breakdown of relationships is to educate boys & girls from school age about communication and identity.Ask a 10 year old boy what it means to be a man and strength, tough, no crying & powerful are typical answers. If boys are taught that discussing feelings is okay, they will be much more balanced adults & the risk of suicide will be reduced greatly. We can always improve ourselves and sometimes that involves some discomfort but we owe it to ourselves. It would be truly great if we stopped following the trends of USA & UK and established our own. We are a great country that has a reputation of being a safe place. Let's make it safe for everyone.
B/S the Pub was a fine way of bonding with lots of blokes if you had issues, I seen that plenty of times in the 70's to the 90's it was what mates were all about.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #88
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver' View Post
This doesn't sound like it's going to end well. But good luck with it, I hope you get a fair outcome.
I have no other option, live my life on my knees or fight for my rights.

'When you feel like you have lost everything, fight like you have nothing to lose'.

Anyway...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2016, 08:32 PM   #89
LTD Ute
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have no other option, live my life on my knees or fight for my rights.

'When you feel like you have lost everything, fight like you have nothing to lose'.

Anyway...
Rise, the abused, violated, poor, disenfranchised, stolen from their families,
discriminated against, excluded, dispossessed and forgotten!

I fight by your side with voice, vote, wallet and pen..... A bloody big 4 by 2 pen!

To make this the better country it can be for all

XByoot - "Yeah I think the Utes are the new coupes...you get as much rust at a far cheaper price"
LTD Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 10-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #90
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Yep... going through that right now. The fun never ends but soon enough she will get the court letters my team are preparing and I can't wait.
If its a bust up with the missus, if you've got kids then expect to get fisted in the family court, never ends well for us.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: