Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Closed Thread

Old 17-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #211
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Cant wait till May's Heathcote. that 1 meter advantage your car had may be looking VERY sick indeed :evil3:
Come on Casper, I know you've bailed on the day, but get your car back to whatever state it was before these 'parts supply' issues occur, and get to Heathcote!
Old 17-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #212
xd5.8l
Banned

Auto is easier to launch off the line and my bet is Shane that you'll be running consistent mid 14's. Remember auto is easier to launch, If I don't drop the clutch at the right revs she bogs (gets going from 2,500) and only gets a 14.7-14.8 which is pretty crap.

Don't be a sissy. It's not all about numbers and whos got a bigger weapon in their pants. What are a whole heap of sheep without a SHEPPARD to lead the way????? Food for thought.
Old 17-05-2006, 06:14 PM   #213
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Come on Casper, I know you've bailed on the day, but get your car back to whatever state it was before these 'parts supply' issues occur, and get to Heathcote!
Would love to but it isnt like that. Things have been "changed" and cant go back to how it was. Therefor without the new parts getting done I cant go forward and I cant go back. I'm frustrated with it but I made the decision. I knew it was a gamble in the timeframe I had. The rewards are going to be worth it but it is taking longer than everyone hoped. : If you think I'm frustrated, you should see Glenn. I think they guys are getting sick of my car taking up all the room. :

If I had 1 more week I'd be good to go.. but I used that week to have fun with the bbq day and now I'm having to pay the price. I'll just have to take it up one day for a Sunday test and tune and see how it runs.

Or I can just say stuff it and get the next stage rolling now ready for the AFF Nats and come out on the day fully prepped and ready to run. I'll see what it feels like when it comes back and make the decision from there. What I do know is that I'm not going to race the car this Sat as its not ready and even if the parts come back on Friday like expected there is simply no way it will all get bolted back together in time. Such is life.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Old 17-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #214
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

And so it continues! LOL!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Old 17-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #215
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

Not sure I'd say 'stuff it' when you've been a strong advocate of proving mods on the track so if it was me I'd want to see what good the first round did to the car.
Old 17-05-2006, 10:28 PM   #216
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathXR
Not sure I'd say 'stuff it' when you've been a strong advocate of proving mods on the track so if it was me I'd want to see what good the first round did to the car.
Proving it to myself is one thing, publishing the results is another these days. The car will be run in the next month or 2 but, good or bad, I dont feel compelled to publish the results anymore. If I think that its something worth telling people about I will however if I get the oppertunity to continue on with the mods I may just keep it to myself and keep trying to set a new benchmark with the next series of mods. In the end I'm doing this for me and, I can assure you, I'll be at the next AFF Heathcote meet after this one for sure. I'm not hiding my car away by any means, its there to be raced. I'm just stepping back from the fray for a while and concentrating on what my original plan for it was.

When I do race it Mark I'm quite happy to drop you a PM with the results though, I have no drama's about that. Its not going to be "hidden" but it is just going to be another step on the way to completion.

Old 17-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #217
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

Too worried about being OWNED by FRD_GAL!!
Old 17-05-2006, 10:32 PM   #218
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbays
LOL, yeah, terrified. :

Old 17-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #219
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
Now now people don't give my mate Casper a hard time about it. It was a tough decision for him and invlolved alot of tears but yes, he knew he was gettin' whooped and made the right decision to pull out now.

Better this way. No-one likes to see a man cry :Up_to_som
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
Old 17-05-2006, 11:25 PM   #220
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Now now people don't give my mate Casper a hard time about it. It was a tough decision for him and invlolved alot of tears but yes, he knew he was gettin' whooped and made the right decision to pull out now.

Better this way. No-one likes to see a man cry :Up_to_som
Yeah, ok

Old 18-05-2006, 10:19 AM   #221
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

I would just like to see a good old fairmont blitz the XR6 on the drag strip.

Both G&D Falcon sixes so it's a fair comparison if you don't get in to the opened unopened business.
Old 18-05-2006, 02:55 PM   #222
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
I would just like to see a good old fairmont blitz the XR6 on the drag strip.

Both G&D Falcon sixes so it's a fair comparison if you don't get in to the opened unopened business.
I'll let Krissy answer this of course but the 2 cars are heading in slightly different directions, they are not really a fair comparison anymore. That said though Krissy's car certianly will run well. I'm sure she will suprise at Heathcote.

Old 18-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #223
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xd5.8l
Don't be a sissy. It's not all about numbers and whos got a bigger weapon in their pants.
That must be the classic statement of the day... thank goodness for an log 250....
Old 18-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #224
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
I'll let Krissy answer this of course but the 2 cars are heading in slightly different directions, they are not really a fair comparison anymore.
That pretty much sums it up. We're on two slightly different paths and really can't be compared at this stage. Both G&D 6's yes, but at the same time, two completely different cars.
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
Old 18-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #225
jonbays
TL40 Wagon?

come on now the dyno numbers are close and casper has the fat IRS option that weighs him down give him a run girl I would.

hey you know useless wagon is faster than mine right! well head to head I have two slips out of two with a win on them for me and one of those my et was slower too!!

get racing!
Old 18-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #226
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Quote:
come on now the dyno numbers are close and casper has the fat IRS option that weighs him down give him a run girl I would.

hey you know useless wagon is faster than mine right! well head to head I have two slips out of two with a win on them for me and one of those my et was slower too!!

get racing!
Wheelspinning for 7 seconds off the mark doesnt definately help.Its true Jon Bays. The 1/4 mile isnt always about power but how well that power gets to the ground and gets you moving.Traction is a biggie.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Old 19-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #227
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:

get racing!
I'm sure Krissy's car and mine will get to line each other up at some stage. Will be a bit of fun.

Old 19-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #228
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Holy Shishkabob ! - I cruized past G&D in Cranbourne today at lunchtime, just for a cruize and to check out where it is . I was looking where it was maybe thinking to get some work done soon , but by the looks of the amount of fords outside there i'll be lining up until christmas to get in there ..lol. Are all those cars outside getting work done on them ?, or do some of those cars belong to the blokes working in there ? .
There was 2 blokes with fords parked down the end of the deadend street having a yack outside their cars , they were having a good stare as i did a u turn , anyone from here ?? ..lol

:eclipsee_
Old 19-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #229
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

Quote:
Unfortunatly there are always compomises in the hunt for faster ET's. I accept that however, at the same time, the car MUST remain a street drivable car. My only concession is that fuel economy is totally, utterly and completely unimportant now. Apart from that I need to know that I can give the keys to my wife and it will take her safely, reliably and comfortably to whereever she wants to go. No stalling, cutting out mid turn, blowing hoses or the like.
Wouldn't the Flash Tuner come into play here? Have a "Casper Only" tune and a "Mrs Casper Only" tune aswell? This way.. the Mrs will feel safer knowing the car is nearly almost stock and will not have any issues. Is this what you will be doing Casper?

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
Old 19-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #230
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 012
Wouldn't the Flash Tuner come into play here? Have a "Casper Only" tune and a "Mrs Casper Only" tune aswell? This way.. the Mrs will feel safer knowing the car is nearly almost stock and will not have any issues. Is this what you will be doing Casper?
LOL, you havent met my wife. This is the same woman who blew away some bogans in a Torana.... and undercut a TS50 in the wet on a sharp bend in an overtaking move I wouldnt have even attempted. She can probably outdrive over half the guys on this forum and not even break a sweat. :eclipsee_
No, she loves the power.... she just hates stalling, breaking down, hiccuping etc.

Old 19-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #231
Mark351
Built Ford Tough

That is entirely possible.
Old 19-05-2006, 06:20 PM   #232
Pinkbits
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6-VCT-2000
Holy Shishkabob ! - I cruized past G&D in Cranbourne today at lunchtime, just for a cruize and to check out where it is . I was looking where it was maybe thinking to get some work done soon , but by the looks of the amount of fords outside there i'll be lining up until christmas to get in there ..lol. Are all those cars outside getting work done on them ?, or do some of those cars belong to the blokes working in there ? .
There was 2 blokes with fords parked down the end of the deadend street having a yack outside their cars , they were having a good stare as i did a u turn , anyone from here ?? ..lol
Do you live out this way?
Old 19-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #233
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8BLOKE
Do you live out this way?
Close , Im in Noble Park .... straight down Thompsons rd. ;)

:eclipsee_
Old 19-05-2006, 09:20 PM   #234
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
yeah, they are all getting worked on. Its the usual G&D lineup. Its amazing how those guys just keep getting new cars in and exisiting customers coming back for more and more.

Old 19-05-2006, 11:46 PM   #235
HOTC2R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

More & more. That must be you Shane
Old 19-05-2006, 11:47 PM   #236
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTC2R
More & more. That must be you Shane
Certainly is. No limits.

Old 20-05-2006, 12:08 AM   #237
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

Quote:
yeah, they are all getting worked on. Its the usual G&D lineup. Its amazing how those guys just keep getting new cars in and exisiting customers coming back for more and more.
It is amazing...I droped by around 5 pm one night last week Glenn was counting the cars that had to be put away, dam great effort to all them in
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
Old 20-05-2006, 02:59 AM   #238
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Quote:
......... but by the looks of the amount of fords outside there i'll be lining up until christmas to get in there ..lol
That's nothing. There'll have been some more inside the workshop lol.
Old 20-05-2006, 08:27 AM   #239
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RspecAU
It is amazing...I droped by around 5 pm one night last week Glenn was counting the cars that had to be put away, dam great effort to all them in
LOL, last time I was there at that time I got roped into the "Big push" of getting them all stacked back inside the workshop for closeup.

Old 21-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #240
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
LOL, last time I was there at that time I got roped into the "Big push" of getting them all stacked back inside the workshop for closeup.
Good to know that if your car does get the work done at G&D, they take the care and time to make sure your car is safe and secure inside the workshop!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
Closed Thread