Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 20-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #151
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Default Re: What have you done to your fiesta lately

Hello all and a merry christmas to everybody, i have ordered a milltek cat back non resonated system( not the race after talking to tony at pumaspeed), should recieve it between xmas and the new year.
Mrmavx
mrmavx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2014, 11:49 PM   #152
Basil brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
Hello all and a merry christmas to everybody, i have ordered a milltek cat back non resonated system( not the race after talking to tony at pumaspeed), should recieve it between xmas and the new year.
Mrmavx
Why did tony say not to get the race, just curious as that's what I have, mine was aty door within 4 days, great service :-)
Basil brush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #153
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Basil he asked me my age (51)and what sort of driving i did ( which is mainly highway) and what possible future mods i might do then he told me i would be better off with the non resonated non race system which is what they are sending.
Old 23-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #154
NuMatthu
Starter Motor

New set of wheels...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WPX.jpg (120.2 KB, 70 views)
NuMatthu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #155
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuMatthu View Post
New set of wheels...
Wow!
That white on white.
Magnifique!
Pursya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #156
Bargey

I managed to up the kilowatt rating of Phantom Purple WT Auto Fiesta from 89 kilowatts to 135 kilowatts with the help of the local Ford Dealership.
He turned my purple WT auto into a Molten Orange WZ ST 6 speed manual.
I haven't stop smiling since yesterday.
Thankyou Henry Ford and Ze Germans for a great car.
My wife bought a karaoke machine the same day.
I really love the sound of my car!!!!
Bargey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-12-2014, 09:24 PM   #157
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargey View Post
I managed to up the kilowatt rating of Phantom Purple WT Auto Fiesta from 89 kilowatts to 135 kilowatts with the help of the local Ford Dealership.
you really did get my hopes up about my WT for a moment there. But congratulations!
Old 25-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #158
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargey View Post
I was thinking how much is this going to cost for such a great power outcome.
Looks like about 26K!
This user likes this post:
Old 26-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #159
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Hit the go button on my Mountune customized COBB map.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #160
Simon10

Well after much thought I decided that it was time to move on my Fiesta 2009 Zetec and I've just today sealed the deal with my local ford dealer for a White Fiesta ST. They are calling me Monday to see if they can get that colour, then if not my 2nd preference is the Blue then the Molten Orange. Got until the end of Jan for the 2.9% finance so hopefully they can get it for me in the White.

Very excited.
Simon10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #161
Pursya

Well done Simon.
Hold them to that White, because they may be lazy and just offer you the first car they find.
Go to another dealer and ask them for an ST stock list Aus wide.
I know I did this when buying a Mazda back in the mid 90's and was able to get the dealers in my state names.
So there were only two that had my 626 hatch with the 2.5 V6. One wanted to deal, the other stuck on full retail. Wonder which dealer I purchased from?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:41 PM   #162
Simon10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursya View Post
Well done Simon.
Hold them to that White, because they may be lazy and just offer you the first car they find.
Go to another dealer and ask them for an ST stock list Aus wide.
I know I did this when buying a Mazda back in the mid 90's and was able to get the dealers in my state names.
So there were only two that had my 626 hatch with the 2.5 V6. One wanted to deal, the other stuck on full retail. Wonder which dealer I purchased from?
Thanks for that. I have put down the 10% deposit today when I was there, and I do have the 3 days cool off period. I really don't want to settle for anything other than the White. What are my options if they say they can't get White by the end of Jan?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:45 PM   #163
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My Mrs wanted a white Focus around this time last year, and they didn't have any 2013's in stock, so she had to wait two weeks and settle for a 2014 model instead...

So, hold out for a white one - you might have to get a 2015.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2015, 10:22 PM   #164
Pursya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon10 View Post
Thanks for that. I have put down the 10% deposit today when I was there, and I do have the 3 days cool off period. I really don't want to settle for anything other than the White. What are my options if they say they can't get White by the end of Jan?
Apart from waiting until there is a 2015 plated shipment you don't have many options.
I would get to another Ford dealer ASAP and get them to give you the current ST stock list Aus wide.
If you look keen to buy they will supply as this information will be available on the Ford dealer network.
I would also lok at going in on the 3rd day of your cooling off period and demanding hat they lock in a White or invoke the cooling off option.
This frees you up to renegotiate the deal with them or another dealer
You have almost 4 weeks for the 2.9%, so don't feel rushed.
Good luck, but do not be afraid to deal hard. You are the customer and they want your money after all.

Here are 10 white ST dealer new cars
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...sortby=TopDeal

So just out of curiosity, how much are you dealing?
Oh, and what state are you in?
The Vic one with 12 kms looks like a good buy.

Last edited by Pursya; 03-01-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #165
Simon10

Quote:
Apart from waiting until there is a 2015 plated shipment you don't have many options.
I would get to another Ford dealer ASAP and get them to give you the current ST stock list Aus wide.
If you look keen to buy they will supply as this information will be available on the Ford dealer network.
I would also lok at going in on the 3rd day of your cooling off period and demanding hat they lock in a White or invoke the cooling off option.
This frees you up to renegotiate the deal with them or another dealer
You have almost 4 weeks for the 2.9%, so don't feel rushed.
Good luck, but do not be afraid to deal hard. You are the customer and they want your money after all.

Here are 10 white ST dealer new cars
http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...sortby=TopDeal

So just out of curiosity, how much are you dealing?
Oh, and what state are you in?
The Vic one with 12 kms looks like a good buy.
Great thanks for that. Well will see on Monday about 9am they said they would call me. As for dealing they gave me $8,500 for my Fiesta with 61,000 on the clock with a dent on the passenger side door, but otherwise it's perfect with full service history and 3 months left on the Rego. They took $500 off the price so $29,500 for the ST. Not sure how much more they would take off being a brand new car 2014 plate. What should I expect to pay? Also I'm in Victoria.

Last edited by Simon10; 03-01-2015 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:46 PM   #166
Pursya

Just remember that not all dealers are happy to move a car on to another dealer. There is normally a premium for the dealer to pay to the supplying dealer, plus freight charges.
I know in my case my local country dealer knew they could not get the vehicle I wanted, as it was no longer available as a 6 cylinder, so we're happy to supply the other dealers names.
Good luck.
White is the best!
Old 04-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #167
NevermindST

Work in progress.

Last edited by NevermindST; 04-05-2015 at 11:59 AM.
NevermindST is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2015, 01:34 AM   #168
mrmavx
Molten Orange Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevermindST View Post
Work in progress.
looks good, also just a quick note to anyone else who is going to paint there engine cover, the metal st logo plate is held on to the cover by some little folded tags and can be easily removed to save having to mask it(sorry bit late for you NevermindST)
mrmavx
Old 05-01-2015, 03:50 AM   #169
Basil brush

Quote:
Work in progress.
What paint are you using, are you using a primer, as I am thinking about doing the cover and adding some interior colour ;-)
Basil brush is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2015, 05:49 AM   #170
NevermindST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmavx View Post
looks good, also just a quick note to anyone else who is going to paint there engine cover, the metal st logo plate is held on to the cover by some little folded tags and can be easily removed to save having to mask it(sorry bit late for you NevermindST)
mrmavx
Yeah I didn't want to mess around as I generally break things lol. I used a flexi primer and using engine enamel paint. I'm going to add some Spirit Blue (colour of my ST) and then clear it.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #171
Simon10

Well after a few phones calls today and some slight confusion on the dealers side they finally secured a White ST . They tried to offer me a Blue one and I stuck to my guns and told them White or I go somewhere else, then within 10mins after they said they couldn't get a White one they did. The guy said they swapped the Blue for the White even though they didn't have one in their showroom.

I don't care how they obtained it but I should have it by weeks end. Very excited
Old 05-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #172
NevermindST

Quote:
Well after a few phones calls today and some slight confusion on the dealers side they finally secured a White ST . They tried to offer me a Blue one and I stuck to my guns and told them White or I go somewhere else, then within 10mins after they said they couldn't get a White one they did. The guy said they swapped the Blue for the White even though they didn't have one in their showroom.

I don't care how they obtained it but I should have it by weeks end. Very excited
You won't be disappointed, congratulations.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #173
Pursya

Quote:

Well done!
Isn't it amazing what can be done when they think dollars are going to walk out the door?
And only 10 minutes for them to pick up the phone and arrange a swap with another dealer. Lazy buggers.
Enjoy the White.
Post pics!
Old 07-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #174
Simon10

Well not great news. The ST my dealer got from another dealer arrived with....200kms on it

So they sent it back and have acquired another one in Victoria but can't tell me how many Km's are on it. Is this normal? I told the guy that there was one in Essendon with 12km's on it and he said no it's a ex demo and you want zero km's which I agreed. But today he says none of them will have zero km's as they are tested which is fine but why lie. Anyway it's not going to be this week now more likely next week.

Today is the last day for Cool Off Period and they close at 6pm. Thoughts? The finance got approved today which is good.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:48 PM   #175
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

You're very unlikely to get a car with 0km unless it's dropped off a truck at your door with the plastic still on it..

Delivery K's are acceptable imo, up to 15km should be acceptable.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-01-2015, 06:57 PM   #176
Simon10

Yep agreed. But how could they not know how many kms were on that car?? Wouldn't that be one of the first questions you would ask the other dealer before organizing the freight. Makes sense to me.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:22 PM   #177
NevermindST

Quote:
Well not great news. The ST my dealer got from another dealer arrived with....200kms on it

So they sent it back and have acquired another one in Victoria but can't tell me how many Km's are on it. Is this normal? I told the guy that there was one in Essendon with 12km's on it and he said no it's a ex demo and you want zero km's which I agreed. But today he says none of them will have zero km's as they are tested which is fine but why lie. Anyway it's not going to be this week now more likely next week.

Today is the last day for Cool Off Period and they close at 6pm. Thoughts? The finance got approved today which is good.
Delievery Km's is 8km, I was in the same situation. I could get one with 200km or wait, I chose to wait.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 PM   #178
Simon10

Quote:
Delievery Km's is 8km, I was in the same situation. I could get one with 200km or wait, I chose to wait.
Ok I'm in a situation regarding whether I believe what I'm being told or invoke the Cooling Off and cancel the contract (Last day for Cool Off). This will cost me approx $590 going by the purchase price of $29,500 at 2%. I'm just not confidant that they are going to do right by me and the car they said they now have is going to have low km's. He couldn't tell me which makes me think his stalling and knows my cooling off period ends tonight.

I'm just not sure how to proceed. The other thing is the Cooling Off document the sales consultant got me to sign isn't actually filled out, meaning all the fields are empty as there wasn't a car in their showroom. Does this then mean that the cooling off period hasn't started yet?

Last edited by Simon10; 07-01-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #179
Pursya

I wouldn't have worried about the 200kms.
Let's face it, we have all gone to a dealer and strapped on dealer plates and taken a vehicle for a drive. So most vehicles will have k's on them.
I might have been cheeky and negotiated an accessory or two in lieu of the extra km's.
But I wouldn't have sent it back without taking it for a burn.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:37 PM   #180
Simon10

Quote:
I wouldn't have worried about the 200kms.
Let's face it, we have all gone to a dealer and strapped on dealer plates and taken a vehicle for a drive. So most vehicles will have k's on them.
I might have been cheeky and negotiated an accessory or two in lieu of the extra km's.
But I wouldn't have sent it back without taking it for a burn.
I didn't get a chance to see it as he sent it straight back to the dealer today. Hopefully he calls me tomorrow with some better news. But I'm now thinking do I accept a 2014 plate or wait until the middle of Feb and purchase a 2015 plate? I will miss out on the 2.9% deal but there's room for negotiation and who knows what promotions they will have in Feb.

Last edited by Simon10; 07-01-2015 at 09:47 PM.