Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 27-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #91
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Was just playing the new USB and realised the audio offers an autoscan - by folder or across folders.

Plays about 5 seconds of the song

Nice feature.

Also, compared to our GTI audio, the sound quality is definately superior.

Thumbs up Ford
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #92
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Ford continue to surprise!
Old 30-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #93
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
Ford continue to surprise!
Yeah like the May delivery that has just been changed to July! Well for me anyway, not sure about others. :
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #94
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnealo
Yeah like the May delivery that has just been changed to July! Well for me anyway, not sure about others. :
Don't tell me that!!!
Old 30-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #95
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Are you in Brisbane mate? Cause I also have a May delivery scheduled....
Zetec82 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #96
msnealo
Zetec with 17's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
Are you in Brisbane mate? Cause I also have a May delivery scheduled....
I'm in Sydney and below is from my email. Am now looking at the Mazda3.

Quote:
Just confirming for you in regards to your vehicle, the dealership has been informed from Ford that despite your vehicle showing on their system as a May arrival it will not get it until July!

Unfortunately all dealers have been put in the same situation…there are literally dozens of May arrival units unbuilt, making it virtually impossible to even find an alternative vehicle ,as they are all in the same boat.
msnealo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #97
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't hold your breath mate. Everyone has/is being told different delivery dates.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #98
Zetec Dave

What??? WTF??? Are you guys serious about the May deliveries being delayed til June/July? How did this stuff up happen?
I was getting excited and had a sigh of relief when the sales guy told me the delivery date would be mid May and definately in MAY!
I hope this delay doesn't apply to me cause I'd be plenty ****ed!!! :
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 09:00 PM   #99
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Zetec Dave are you from Brissy? Because I am and I have been told exactly the same thng as you. FREEEEEEBBBBBIESSSSS!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Old 30-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #100
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When we got ours in Febuary? I was told by some of the more honest dealers (or those that knew their stuff) that the chance to get a Zetec in your choice of colour/etc before June/July was next to nothing. I never did think you guys would get yours in May, not everyone anyway (they said Red and Sea Grey would be available in May). The good news is you really should have one before the end of July and that's getting closer every day
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2009, 11:01 PM   #101
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec82
Zetec Dave are you from Brissy? Because I am and I have been told exactly the same thng as you. FREEEEEEBBBBBIESSSSS!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Nah mate, I'm from Melbourne. I wonder if they'll give any more freebies for the inconvenience?
Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #102
curik

In melb here. Ordered mid feb and I was told end of April/ early May delivery, and finally dealer rang and told me ETA on 12th of May. Just 2 more weeks of patience...!
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 AM   #103
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
In melb here. Ordered mid feb and I was told end of April/ early May delivery, and finally dealer rang and told me ETA on 12th of May. Just 2 more weeks of patience...!
Hi Curik, I'm really hoping and crossing my fingers that the ETA delivery dates given to us are true. I ordered mine about the same period as you too. Out of curiosity, which dealer did you order yours from? I ordered mine from Jefferson Ford Mentone.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:51 PM   #104
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision Zetec
Ok cheers Candy.

Haha I like you idea for the wife! Although I think I will be splitting mine up with folders and after what you just said, I think I will stick to a 32GB USB Stick
The sticks are so damn cheap, I'm finding it just as easy to have multiple sticks.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #105
curik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
Hi Curik, I'm really hoping and crossing my fingers that the ETA delivery dates given to us are true. I ordered mine about the same period as you too. Out of curiosity, which dealer did you order yours from? I ordered mine from Jefferson Ford Mentone.
I got mine from Binks Ford in Footscray. I think the dealer which we ordered our cars at matter, as it's all up to the ship that carries our cars in! Can't wait.. can't wait. And ship, please do not get pirated by Somalians or sink in the ocean!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #106
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
WTF..... I ordered ours same time Mid Feb and still haven't heard a thing from the dealer yet. Think I'll be making a stop over the weekend to find out what’s happening and where it is.

I'll post with the outcome.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #107
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
The sticks are so damn cheap, I'm finding it just as easy to have multiple sticks.
Get multiple ones and have a certain genre of music on each one
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2009, 08:02 PM   #108
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daymoe
Get multiple ones and have a certain genre of music on each one
Yep, thats the plan ;)

I even have a docking block in mind for the them - a USB rack
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #109
Zetec Dave

Called the dealer today and the salesman assured me that the car is on the ship for May delivery and the ship left the docks in Germany 2 months ago with my car. So fingers crossed and hopefully I get my car this month. I asked him about the email that some dealer got regarding the delay til July delivery and he said that it was due to lack of supply and excess demand for the vehicle so any orders that occurred after the period that I ordered will be delayed til a later date as the factory cannot meet the demands.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #110
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting. Thanks for the info Dave.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #111
curik

Quote:
Called the dealer today and the salesman assured me that the car is on the ship for May delivery and the ship left the docks in Germany 2 months ago with my car. So fingers crossed and hopefully I get my car this month. I asked him about the email that some dealer got regarding the delay til July delivery and he said that it was due to lack of supply and excess demand for the vehicle so any orders that occurred after the period that I ordered will be delayed til a later date as the factory cannot meet the demands.
Yeah fingers crossed here too! Dealer rang and said definitely around 12th, maybe another day or two for cleaning up etc, which is next week. Can't wait!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 AM   #112
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Yeah fingers crossed here too! Dealer rang and said definitely around 12th, maybe another day or two for cleaning up etc, which is next week. Can't wait!
Hmm I certainly hope I get mine soon cause when I called them, the sales guys didn't advise me of a date to pick it up. I would assume that if the car would be ready soon they would let me know of when so I could organise my week around it. Still can't wait though. Been such a long one.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #113
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well received a call from my dealer this morning. “we have received nothing from Ford and no indication when/were your car is at"

I asked them so when should I inspect the car to arrive then as we were first quoted end of March then end of April. Dealer said "no no we have always quoted May/June"
I remained them that we changed the colour from Vision to Squeeze cause of the June/July delivery date on the Vision quoted by you. They still denied any such quote.

Thanks to other post from here I let the sale person know of Emails other Ford dealers have received and of other people getting there’s early this month. Thanks everyone. The dealer still had no idea and still couldn’t answer of my question. GRRRRR

Anyway they told me they are hoping it well come this month some time. Well I really hope so cause the wife is on my case where is my bloody car.........OMG shhhhh

BB
Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #114
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your wife must be so calm to have waited this long. My wife's Veruca Salt crossed with the girl chef from Ratatouille, when she says she wants it now, she means it :S. I'm just happy I didn't witness the barging into the dealers, screaming at everyone fit that got her the Fiesta within 10 days of ordering, I can't imagine what she would have been like after 3/4/5 months. Well she would have bought something else after anything more than 12 days so it wouldn't have happened
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #115
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

To those waiting, have a talk to your dealer. I booked ours in for a service next weekend and it was hinted that the higher level spec Zetec may make it here very soon.

This could mean some extras that are currently not available like auto headlights, leather, climate control etc.

Wasn't given a time frame but there is hope that we may have a higher end Zetec available in Aussie.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:16 PM   #116
Zetec Dave

Hmm that sounds interesting but I suppose its too late for those of us who have ordered already. I'll ask the dealer anyway just for curiosity.
Has anyone had any updates on their delivery dates for their cars? Have our cars reached the docks yet? My understanding is that once it reaches the docks. it can take up to 2 weeks for them to release the car through customs and then another week for the dealer to recieve, prepare and deliver the car to the customer. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Old 06-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #117
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Quote:
Hmm that sounds interesting but I suppose its too late for those of us who have ordered already. I'll ask the dealer anyway just for curiosity.
Has anyone had any updates on their delivery dates for their cars? Have our cars reached the docks yet? My understanding is that once it reaches the docks. it can take up to 2 weeks for them to release the car through customs and then another week for the dealer to recieve, prepare and deliver the car to the customer. Correct me if I'm wrong?
I'm going to email my dealer now, I will let you know of his reply
Old 06-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #118
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
My understanding is that once it reaches the docks. it can take up to 2 weeks for them to release the car through customs and then another week for the dealer to recieve, prepare and deliver the car to the customer. Correct me if I'm wrong?
Ours was pretty much picked up a few days after it arrived in the port (cleared very quickly). The only thing that delayed it a day was they had to get the key code software sent from the plant as it had the wrong version - was done overnight.

I called the dealer every 2nd day !
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #119
Zetec82
Starter Motor

Thats good to know Candy man that you called the dealer a lot, because I have only spoken to my dealer twice in the 3 months that I have been waiting and to be honest I'm sick of not knowing whats going on. I have been expecting a call for the past couple of days as like many others I was told mid may, however its not looking good atm. Perhaps I should ring and find out?? I'm assuming that by not hearing that there is bad news in store...
Old 06-05-2009, 02:59 PM   #120
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

I reckon we should start a new thread listing everyone's "told" arrival date! would be an interesting one, because i'm confused by all the different posts!