Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 10-06-2009, 01:58 AM   #331
curik

Yeah, mine have Contis all round and the car was build in March. Is that true that they come with hankooks? I saw a couple CL at the dealership with Hankooks on.
curik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 AM   #332
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by curik
Yeah, mine have Contis all round and the car was build in March. Is that true that they come with hankooks? I saw a couple CL at the dealership with Hankooks on.
Not sure about the lower spec Fiesta's but I was told by the guy at Wheelking that it seems that the early production Zetecs had Contis but recently, the later ones have changed to Hankooks.
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #333
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think they are trying to cure some road noise, that's all, can't complain about the car. It's ready for it's 15k service and still flawless. Ford Europe are my heros but I've got plenty of complaints about Ford AU tho. We had the phone call to see how we liked the car but my wife wouldn't talk to them. She just said she hasn't got time for that crap, just like she tells every Indian phone salesman, funny
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #334
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Ours was one of the first Zetecs on the road in Aussie AFAIK

We actually specified Hankooks for the following reasons (Contis were removed prior to pick up)

1. Previous experience with Conti 2's and dissatisfaction with their grip levels and road noise
2. The Hankooks had a lower profile plus rim protectors
3. Wear rating of the Hankooks was better from all reports

Been happy with them so far.
Candyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #335
curik

I'm not sure about those sportcontact2 but I'm very happy with the premiumcontact2 on my car now. It's the quietest tyre I've had so far (Had used Goodyear F1, Hankook Ventus K104, Pirelli Dragons previously).
Old 10-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #336
doctamick

Hey All,

Here's my experience...

I ordered a WS Zetec at the start of March and I was told delivery would be towards the end of May. At the start of May I was told that the car was built, was at the docks in Germany, and would be in Melbourne within 3-4 weeks.

However, I had been reading this post (as a non-member) for a month or so and all the bad experiences and delays got me quite worried. So I contacted the dealer (who seemed like a really honest bloke) 3 weeks later and was expecting the worst... and got it. He advised me that my car had been sent somewhere else instead, and never got on the ship for Australia. He told me that the new delivery date was mid-July.

I was really annoyed and told him that I could wait that long, as I had sold my car and had been borrowing a car for about 2 months. So unless I got a loan car from Ford, I would cancel the order. I also made it clear that I was very disappointed that the dealer had not bothered to call me to let me know, and that I had to call him to find out that the car was not being delivered. Surely he, or someone in Ford Australia, should have known that my car never made it on the ship from Germany several weeks earlier. However, the dealer said that he only found out a couple of days earlier and was trying to source another car for me, and was going to call me that day. As I said, he did sound like an honest bloke, so I took his word for it.

Anyway, he soon got back to me a said that he had found another car on the docks in Melbourne that was available, but in a different colour (I had ordered Sea Grey, but this one was Vision). I did not understand how a car could possibly be available, considering all the demand (maybe a last minute cancellation??). I was a bit concerned about the colour, but more concerned that I would not even get the car in mid-July (due to the reports on this forum of August / September delivery dates). So I agreed to take the car.

So...... about two weeks later (on Friday), the Vision Zetec was delivered to me!!! The car looks a great, is an awesome drive (I have already done almost 1000kms), and all the gadgets/features are fantastic for a light-class car. I also got the 17inch wheels, which really set it off. (The wheels were also a bit of a stuff up by Ford Aus, but a story for another time.)

For those that are still waiting... I have my fingers crossed for you. I think that the car is worth the wait.

I will try to post some pics up at some stage.

doctamick
doctamick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #337
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hello and welcome to the forum doctamick.

Good news you still got your Zetec just not in the colour you asked for. Vision is still a nice colour. That was my wife’s first pick until we got told June/July delivery for Vision. Now we have been Squeezed, pick it up on Friday.

There is a lot behind Ford Australia and Ford Europe that we'll never know why the WS Fiesta is taking so long to make its way to OZ. Anyway we are slowly seeing some cars turning up..........SLOWLY.

Enjoy the car mate.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:24 PM   #338
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctamick

Anyway, he soon got back to me a said that he had found another car on the docks in Melbourne that was available, but in a different colour (I had ordered Sea Grey, but this one was Vision). I did not understand how a car could possibly be available, considering all the demand (maybe a last minute cancellation??). I was a bit concerned about the colour, but more concerned that I would not even get the car in mid-July (due to the reports on this forum of August / September delivery dates). So I agreed to take the car.

So...... about two weeks later (on Friday), the Vision Zetec was delivered to me!!! The car looks a great, is an awesome drive (I have already done almost 1000kms), and all the gadgets/features are fantastic for a light-class car. I also got the 17inch wheels, which really set it off. (The wheels were also a bit of a stuff up by Ford Aus, but a story for another time.)

doctamick
Is it a manual 5dr doctamick, because if it is...

Ive been sitting here reading this post over and over again to make sure i have not read the wrong thing. Because this would seem to clarify the notion that I have indeed been screwed over by my dealership. Im going to say it now, BINKS FORD FOOTSCRAY, MELBOURNE.

I ordered my car in feburary, the 21st to be exact. Now getting over the fact that i probably ordered my car a week after curik at the same dealership and i have not got my car anywhere near the same time as him.

But heres the kicker. I ORDERED A VISION ZETEC. They told me may, then they told me August. How is it that doctamick's dealer here (this is in no offense to you mick), has managed to get his hands on a 'spare' vision zetec.

I seriously hope that doctamick you dont have a manual 5dr, because if you do i am going to go and give my dealer an earfull.

Plus, fair enough the cars arent built yet. But if theyve been built in freaking march, then what in the world was the hold up?

Heres my theory on what may be going on, this is purely a hypothesis, feel free to prove me wrong:

- Ford dont have enough cars to satisfy demand anywhere because they arent operating Cologne plant at full capacity to preserve jobs in a tough economic environment [Fair enough]

- Ford are focusing on satisfying Fiesta demand in Europe before other markets because they probably have a better reputation for customer serivce to uphold. [Dont think thats quite right for the Aussies though]

- In Australia, there was a lot of demand for the Fiesta when it came out, especially the enthusiasm about the value and the aggressive pricing at the top of the range. [fair enough]

- So people had to wait, but after prices supposedly went up, people were apparently buying zetecs for 25k+.

- THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING THE ZETECS FIRST. what ever trickles into australia, the dealers are picking and choosing who gets what. I have a bad feeling that my zetec had actually been built and sent to australia, but one of the 'people who have been coming in and paying sticker price' as my salesperson has said, probably got it before me because theyre paying more.

- People that keep nagging the dealers are also getting theirs sooner.

- People whos situations cause dealers financial costs get theirs immediately (black betty).

I really hope i get proven wrong and that i can keep on believing that my dealer is telling me the truth. But i have a hard time believing that I have to wait until august, and when i open the car bonnet and check the compliance plate, it was built in March. I think this is also of a case of being my first and last ford (and i havent even got the freaking car yet).
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:46 PM   #339
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykwong

Ive been sitting here reading this post over and over again to make sure i have not read the wrong thing. Because this would seem to clarify the notion that I have indeed been screwed over by my dealership. Im going to say it now, BINKS FORD FOOTSCRAY, MELBOURNE.

I ordered my car in feburary, the 21st to be exact. Now getting over the fact that i probably ordered my car a week after curik at the same dealership and i have not got my car anywhere near the same time as him.

But heres the kicker. I ORDERED A VISION ZETEC. They told me may, then they told me August. How is it that doctamick's dealer here (this is in no offense to you mick), has managed to get his hands on a 'spare' vision zetec.

I seriously hope that doctamick you dont have a manual 5dr, because if you do i am going to go and give my dealer an earfull.

Plus, fair enough the cars arent built yet. But if theyve been built in freaking march, then what in the world was the hold up?

Heres my theory on what may be going on, this is purely a hypothesis, feel free to prove me wrong:

- Ford dont have enough cars to satisfy demand anywhere because they arent operating Cologne plant at full capacity to preserve jobs in a tough economic environment [Fair enough]

- Ford are focusing on satisfying Fiesta demand in Europe before other markets because they probably have a better reputation for customer serivce to uphold. [Dont think thats quite right for the Aussies though]

- In Australia, there was a lot of demand for the Fiesta when it came out, especially the enthusiasm about the value and the aggressive pricing at the top of the range. [fair enough]

- So people had to wait, but after prices supposedly went up, people were apparently buying zetecs for 25k+.

- THESE PEOPLE ARE GETTING THE ZETECS FIRST. what ever trickles into australia, the dealers are picking and choosing who gets what. I have a bad feeling that my zetec had actually been built and sent to australia, but one of the 'people who have been coming in and paying sticker price' as my salesperson has said, probably got it before me because theyre paying more.

- People whos situations cause dealers financial costs get theirs immediately (black betty).

I really hope i get proven wrong and that i can keep on believing that my dealer is telling me the truth. But i have a hard time believing that I have to wait until august, and when i open the car bonnet and check the compliance plate, it was built in March. I think this is also of a case of being my first and last ford (and i havent even got the freaking car yet).
That's more or less spot on to how I feel mate. Its really annoying about the delays and I'm not surprised if I end up getting mine later than this month and I'm guessing at this stage anywhere between mid July to Mid August despite them telling me its been delayed month after month. Another annoying thing is, when it comes to trade in, the people who get theirs cars late in 09 will be valued the same as those manufactured and delivered early to mid 09.

I'm not surprised if they're picking and choosing who gets the car first based on financial merit and how much the "stealer" (dealer) would lose.

I would've have also thought that for a frustrated customer like myself who despite all this is still able to talk to them calmly about the car with them and also wanting to buy more stuff off them in the form of car accessories/add ons, that they would at least make it up to me and try to keep me by giving out special discounts on say the bloody gear knob and wheels or at least least install them for free if they are going to charge me the FULL RRP after price rises!!!

They said they will call be back by this morning to see if they can "CONVINCE" the service department to reduce the labour costs on the install of accessories. What convince? There's no convincing to be done. At the end of the day, its the same dealer just different departments. I'm sure they can do it for free particularly on a new car prior to delivery. If they say that it's going to add value to the car and hence need to increase taxes on it then stuff them cause I know for a fact that its easily avoidable by doing a seperate invoice and treat the install and purchase of the accessories as a post delivery thing.

I reckon Ford Australia and the dealers should be reading these discussion boards to see how dissatisfied customer really are so they hopefully would pull their socks up and get back to the reality of quality customer service and not make to making the typical mistakes and fibs about "priding themselves on quality customer service" as their motto when in fact all they are doing is all talk and no action on top of the bending customers over and kicking them up the ****.

Of course my comments are only my opinions and I do understand that there are the minute number of dealers out there who may be doing the right thing but its those unscrupulous ones who are ruining it for everyone else and causing dissatisfied and disgruntled customers.

Last edited by Zetec Dave; 10-06-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #340
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I know there is a red one (5 door) that is now on displayed in Ryde Ford Sydney (i walk passed the dealership most days). Been there for over a week now. It looks like it does not have a home as it is on prime display at the front..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #341
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

There are quite a few "on display" at dealers yards although few are Zetecs.

The Zetecs that are on dealers yards are demo models for the most part.

Thomson has a number of non-Zetecs and 2 Zetecs last time we looked. Both the Zetecs have km's on them.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #342
oldsoftboss

This is getting scary. Like the OP says, hope the ford dealers read these threads.
I have started a diary on my saga. We ordered on the 15th May and haven't even been given a delivery date!!

Dave
oldsoftboss is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #343
doctamick

Quote:
donkeykwong... I'm sorry to say that it is a 5 door manual.

The fact that there was an unallocated Vision Zetec lying around didn't make sense to me either. However, considering the uncertainty of getting a car any time soon, of course I jumped at the opportunity to get the vehicle.

Quote:

I did not pay full price. So I am not sure why I got the car before you.

My only possible explanation is that your allocated vehicle did not ever arrive in Australia (taken by Ford UK as suggested earlier). The vehicle that I received was allocated to another customer who cancelled at the last minute. My dealer may then have just happened to enquire about the vehicle at the right time to grab this vehicle which was now available.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #344
Zetec Dave

Well, as I guessed and expected, the damn dealer didn't call me back today regarding the accessories I wanted. They never seem to call back and its pretty much 9.5 out of ten times that they don't. If they can't even seem to keep a promise of calling back then I really have doubts about their ability to keep any promises about anything else i.e. delivery dates etc etc etc which our suspicions have been well supported through these last several months.

*Sigh* FORD FORD FORD...what can I say, you're FAILING so far in terms of first impressions, and the outlook of keeping customers is likely heading towards the outcome of a big fat FAIL!!! Remember FORD, first impressions last and sometimes a good product isn't all that matters!!! In this day and age, customer services is also ranked high on the desirability of a brand not to mention integrity, trust and ethics.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #345
killer_taxi

There's a new Vision Zetec 5 door manual at Artarmon. It's just a stock car.

Last edited by killer_taxi; 10-06-2009 at 11:44 PM.
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #346
curik

Quote:

Did you bought a Vision Zetec 5dr auto? If you did then this probably would make sense: When I was complaining about my car (morello) they told me they have a Vision coming and asked me if I would like to switch over. They told me this about 2 weeks before I picked my car up (15th May). But I didn't want to do it. So I believe this car was supposed to be delivered to you then?
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 AM   #347
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From what I understand the order is a manual hence the upset. There seems to be some extra cars laying around that weren't orderd by customers because each dealer was allocated a couple in Feb and most never recieved them until recently/now. I think that's where these cars are comming from. If you are in the right place at the right time or willing to travel there are a few unsold Zetecs around
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #348
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, things have started to heat up. I feel bad that our car has turned up.

After looking at our car at the dealers yesterday I checked the compliance plate to find the car is March built my question is........

WHY ARE OUR CARS SITTING OVER THERE SO LONG + HOW DOES IT TAKE 3 MONTHS TO GET THE AUSTRALIA?

The only thing I can suggest is everybody ask there dealer for the SIDO number of your car. Ring Ford HQ and express your thoughts about everything from date of ordered till now then give them the SIDO # hoping they can give you an answer.

All the best everyone. I still post any new info I hear. I'll ask my dealer tomorrow about the whole thing.

PS - we ordered an LX.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #349
doctamick

Mine's got a build date of April '09. So I'm not sure how it got here earlier than others.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #350
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Mine's got a build date of April '09. So I'm not sure how it got here earlier than others.
Are you referring to a build date or compliance date
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM   #351
doctamick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman2
Are you referring to a build date or compliance date
Definitely the build date. The one on the lower section of the driver's side B-pillar.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:14 PM   #352
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Definitely the build date. The one on the lower section of the driver's side B-pillar.
There are two plates (and dates) on the B pillar, drivers side

The lower plate has the compliance date by the VIN, the build date is on the upper plate.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 PM   #353
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

For example, the build date of our Zetec was Dec 08, compliance date was Feb 09 (we ordered mid-late Jan 09)

However, it only took 3 weeks in transit as we tracked it so it clearly sat in a storage yard somewhere in Germany (or perhaps it got pulled from UK stock and why we seemed to get some different things from others ?)
Old 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM   #354
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
WHY ARE OUR CARS SITTING OVER THERE SO LONG + HOW DOES IT TAKE 3 MONTHS TO GET THE AUSTRALIA?
Shipping time from Europe to Aust is 8 weeks.. So 3 months is not too bad..

I think the shipping time is lot on most.. Ford Aust most likely reacted to high demand mid to late Feb?? (total guess). They then have to try & get more stock from a plant at max & then there is the 8 weeks shipping alone time..
Old 11-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #355
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619

I think the shipping time is lot on most.. Ford Aust most likely reacted to high demand mid to late Feb?? (total guess). They then have to try & get more stock from a plant at max & then there is the 8 weeks shipping alone time..
Oh, thanks mate understand and is more clearly now. This should help others out in part of the delay.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #356
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

8 WEEKS?!!!

*FacePalm*
Old 11-06-2009, 07:03 PM   #357
Candyman2
Zetec 09 5 DR in Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
They got ours here in 4 .....

Car import transit times from four sites I looked at say 4-5 weeks from Cologne ....
Old 11-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #358
Zetec Dave

I have no clue and confused as hell about the shipping times and durations as I've been told different every time the dealer mentions about shipping. So bloody inconsistent. The first time, they told me it takes 3 weeks. The second time they said 2 months and the third time, they told me about 2 weeks??? So which one is it? in my opinion, since there's such huge discrepancies every time they advise me of the shipping times, I think they're just lying to keep me off their backs and then blaming it on Ford Europe when I catch them.

When does finally arrive, the first thing I'll be looking at will be the build date. If it says anything earlier than May, then I'll definately be asking Ford Australia questions and putting in a formal complaint.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #359
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont know about Ford shipping times, all I do know is what it takes the company I work for. We ship product from Ireland & it takes 8 weeks for us
Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #360
doctamick

My dealer quoted a shipping time of 3 to 4 weeks.

BTW, my car's got a build date of April '09 and a compliance date of Jun '09. So it definetely didn't take 3 months to get here.