Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #301
Zetec Dave

Well all I can say is congrats guys and hope you guys enjoy your cars. A pic of the illuminated gear knob would be nice too cause I'm thinking of getting one too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you for the gear knob and did they charge for fitting too? *Sigh* I really don't know why mine is still not here yet whilst everyone else is getting theirs. So is there anyone left who's in the same position as me and still waiting???
Zetec Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #302
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep still waiting here too Dave. Grrrrr.
The dealer’s truck arrived today with a shipment of cars and our still didn't come.
ANGEL#3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #303
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

So the Fiesta arrived today!

Its Morello with a SOHO trim. We picked it up late today so couldnt see the colour in full light so cant wait for tomorrow. it has 15kms on the clock!

Anyway less chat more pics

oh and its like christmas here new car and I also recieved the new Karnivool album (signed copy) Its awsome.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #304
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

She looks great Drew, well worth the wait.

By the way, Tori says "see you can trust the women in your life" _ :
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 PM   #305
killer_taxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetec Dave
A pic of the illuminated gear knob would be nice too cause I'm thinking of getting one too. If you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you for the gear knob and did they charge for fitting too?
Yeah no worries. I'll try to get a pic of it this weekend. I believe the recommended retail price of the illuminated gear knob is now $190. I paid $132, that’s with staff discount. They were also kind enough not to charge me labour to fit it to the car. Which so happens to be harder then it looks. I saw the instructions to installing it, the wiring for it went as far as under the front seat, under the carpet.

Looking good vegabass. That's a really nice colour.
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #306
Vision Zetec
Hurry up Germany!!

Look good mate. I'm still waiting for mine too :(
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 PM   #307
Zetec Dave

Thanks for that mate. I rekon by the time they charge me $190 for the knob and then an hours or more labour at around $150 per hour (assuming thats what they may charge), then it might not be worth the dosh. Bugger. Oh well, I'll go ask the dealer tomorrow and see if they'll get it installed free of charge as part of new car delivery. Assuming the wad of cash they command for that, hope they'll do it without extra charges.

By the way, nice car hope you enjoy it _2:
Old 06-06-2009, 09:09 AM   #308
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Very nice vega looks great mate. Must be happy that you have finally got it. Enjoy
Old 06-06-2009, 10:30 AM   #309
Zetec Dave

Hmm so Betty and Zetec and myself are still waiting. Anyone else still waiting and was originally promised a May but extended to June and possibly July delivery?
Old 06-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #310
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

yeah thanks Im getting the gear knob as well but they didnt have time to fit it. Id love to see how the illuminated scuff plates work as i bet we could make them 3 times cheaper than what ford want! about $850!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #311
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hmm so Betty and Zetec and myself are still waiting. Anyone else still waiting and was originally promised a May but extended to June and possibly July delivery?
Yeah Dave, I was told March delivery first then month by month until they told me 26th May delivery.

Well now the dealer is in a bit a double. We traded in a car back in mid Feb now the car will be out of rego on Tuesday.(monday public holiday)
Rang the dealer this morning to let them know. Waiting for them to ring me back to see what they’re going to do............lol

I won't be paying the rego as it's not our fault the car is taking so long. We would also need a loan car. Getting better by the day

Do you think we would have to pay or the dealer pays?
Old 06-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #312
donkeykwong
Starter Motor

Quote:
Yeah, im still waiting too, signed contract in mid feb, told to expect may. I called a couple of weeks ago to check up and they still think its August (although how she had the info on my car accessible to her without pause on the phone is quite suspicious), i also asked if i change the colour will it make a difference, she said itd take an hour to find out and she'll call me back, ITS BEEN NEARLY 3 WEEKS NOW, good customer service ford.

I think they've adopted the thinking of, if you tell them august and it actually comes earlier, theyll be happy. So heres hoping it arrives sooner than bloody August. (What was the point of signing away any right i had to a cooling off period so they can order the car on the day if i still have to wait longer than other people who bought it at the same time, and even at the same dealer (curik))

Also Black Betty, common sense would seem to think that the dealer should pay, but remember a lot of them are a bunch of sharks and taking money off them is like getting a blood from a stone. Theyll prob make the excuse like they always do that its not their fault and its Ford Europe. Lets hope they have an ounce of goodwill and customer service in them.
donkeykwong is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #313
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykwong
Yeah, im still waiting too, signed contract in mid feb, told to expect may. I called a couple of weeks ago to check up and they still think its August (although how she had the info on my car accessible to her without pause on the phone is quite suspicious), i also asked if i change the colour will it make a difference, she said itd take an hour to find out and she'll call me back, ITS BEEN NEARLY 3 WEEKS NOW, good customer service ford.

I think they've adopted the thinking of, if you tell them august and it actually comes earlier, theyll be happy. So heres hoping it arrives sooner than bloody August. (What was the point of signing away any right i had to a cooling off period so they can order the car on the day if i still have to wait longer than other people who bought it at the same time, and even at the same dealer (curik))

Also Black Betty, common sense would seem to think that the dealer should pay, but remember a lot of them are a bunch of sharks and taking money off them is like getting a blood from a stone. Theyll prob make the excuse like they always do that its not their fault and its Ford Europe. Lets hope they have an ounce of goodwill and customer service in them.
Sounds like you have a half decent dealership mate. Very hard to come across these days. What colour did you pick?

I hoping that they will see that and do the right thing. They a very clear that I’m not happy ATM about the wait. Commen sence is just to hard for some people and like to make things tuff for everyone and even them self.

I am waiting on a call from the dealer sometime this arvo or tomorrow. I'll post the outcome and let you now.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:59 PM   #314
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeykwong

Yeah I agree with you mate. what really bugs the hell outta me is that the contract for sales really only protects the dealers and not buyers. So what if they give a cooling off period. They still slug you a certain percentage of the purchase price if you cancel within the 3 day period and for customers like us who are waiting for our cars for months on end, the cooling off period is practically useless and just plain stupid cause when I signed, they told me fibs about how it would be delivered in 2-3 weeks time and that they couldn't tell me until the following monday cause I signed on a saturday and the stock controller wasn't in. Then when Monday came along, the stock controller was "conveniently" away and wasn't back til Wednesday due to some meeting??? What kind of meeting is it that it takes 3 days? So if they knew about the stock controller not being there then why tell me I'd know the whereabouts of the car by Monday? Clearly all this stuffing around meant that the 3 day cooling period was useless so I'm bounded by the contract by the time they advise me of he bad news.

I hope your dealer will cover the problem and give you a loan car or something as its not your fault. But in saying that, only somewhat decent dealers may cover it and their excuse in the case of the fiesta is, "it's not our fault or ford australia's fault. its ford europes fault so we can't do anything about it".

All I can say is, I wish you all the best and fingers crossed that your dealer does the right thing cause after I pick up the car, its going to be the first and last ford I'll ever buy (unless they really pull their socks up with customer service, trade ethics/moral and appeal of their cars).
Old 06-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #315
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well got some good news. No still don’t have the car.

The dealer did ring me back this arvo and told me to drop our car off on Tuesday, they will have a loan car waiting for me. WELL BUGGER ME.

Now there in a hurry to get my car to the dealership cause the dealer said they will try to get our car on a truck ASAP. Why I said what's the hurry now................lol
He did like that............lol
Old 06-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #316
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Guys some info. WS Fiestas have no radio codes - the radio can't be removed/stolen.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #317
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Betty
Well got some good news. No still don’t have the car.

The dealer did ring me back this arvo and told me to drop our car off on Tuesday, they will have a loan car waiting for me. WELL BUGGER ME.

Now there in a hurry to get my car to the dealership cause the dealer said they will try to get our car on a truck ASAP. Why I said what's the hurry now................lol
He did like that............lol
Its good that they did the right thing. So now its just a matter of waiting for the new car. By the way, was your tank full of petrol when you dropped off your car? Dealers usually tell me when I 'm picking up the car so that week I would avoid filling it up full and only have enough to get me to the dealer to drop it off for my trade ins. Funny thing was a friend of mine last year completely forgot about picking up his new car and filled up his massive tank with 98 octane fuel only to remember after he paid for it at the cashier that he was supposed to trade in his car in 2 days time. He ended up asking me if I would like to go for a long cruise up to geelong and back. LOL.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #318
killer_taxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Guys some info. WS Fiestas have no radio codes - the radio can't be removed/stolen.
Thanks mate!
killer_taxi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 11:57 PM   #319
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its good that they did the right thing. So now its just a matter of waiting for the new car. By the way, was your tank full of petrol when you dropped off your car?
No Dave I haven't yet dropped the car off. This Tuesday I drop the car off to the dealer and pick up a loan car. I would like to take a FG Turbo as I thinking of getting one next year. Not from the same dealer that’s for sure.
The past 3 weeks I have only been putting in enough to last a couple of day $10-$20 at a time.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:07 AM   #320
Zetec Dave

Oops just realised that you did say that you're dropping off the car on Tuesday. Sorry about the silly question. I must have read it too quickly and missed it. My bad.

Yes, please keep us updated on your cars arrival and please feel free to post up pics when you get it
:

I'm still thinking whether I should get do the upgrade for the 17 inch wheels or whether I should leave them and wait and see if there's any suitable aftermarket ones available.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #321
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well well, Today I dropped off our old car as per requested by the dealer as rego runs out today. They gave us a Focus until our Fiesta arrives.

Maybe an hour later the dealer rang with some good news. Our Fiesta has arrived. Surprise Surprise, It's amazing what can be done in short time. I rang the dealer Saturday morning and told them the rego is due. They move when they have to.

I went up and had a look and checked the compliance plate. The car was built March 09. So it's taken 3 months to get the car where it is today. HMMMM why? Hoping to pick it up Friday needs cleaning up and put in the rear parking sensors. It's about time but can't wait so close.

Funny thing also happened; my salesman told me that another salesperson had a costumer that wanted to buy a new fiesta in squeeze. Different salespersons said great we just got one in; it's still on the truck. They had a look costumer said I'll take it. WTF!

Thank god my salesman was in and informed them it’s sold and gave them the history by the car. They told the costumer we had been waiting 4 months.

Another thing the dealer told us was if anyone orders a new fiesta now you'll be waiting until November . Good luck to all the new buyers.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #322
Zetec Dave

Man that sounds so damn dodgy. It only confirms everyone's suspicions about Ford. The dodgy bastards. How can that be possible that if customers have been waiting for their car and a new customer strolls in and buys one. To me, Ford and their sales people's mentality just sounds like "I'll sell this new car to a new customer so I don't lose them whilst the other poor bastards who ordered 4 months ago can continue waiting cause what's another month or two, hell, they already waiting this long so a little bit longer wait won't hurt them. If they kick up a fuss, I'll just tell them that its not ours or Ford Ausralia's fault, its Ford Europe's fault and that we can't do anything about it. Besides they're already locked in to a contract. HA HA HA".

Anyway, congrats, and hope you enjoy you enjoy your car especially after the long wait.

P.S. Its amazing how things magically happen when push comes to shove and the dealers are losing on something. Other may say its a coincidence but I've purchased many cars and its happened once too many times. If they still say its a coincidence, then I should've won the lottery already.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:22 PM   #323
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

True Dave, How many times this has or could have happened to customers that have already ordered their car? It can't be good.

Thanks mate, its confirmed dealer rang short time ago and said Friday pick up. I'm just glad it's in now because the wife is off my case now.......lol.

Dave any news on your car yet mate?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #324
Zetec Dave

*Sigh* Nah mate. Unfortunately not. Got a feeling that when they last told me that its on the boat and expected to arrive at the docks by 26th of this month that it would mean the earliest would be early July despite them saying that they're hoping to deliver by late late June. I personally kinda doubt it based on their track record of poor estimates/false/empty promises.

I'll definately keep you guys posted though and will post up pics when I get it. Still thinking about the 17" wheel upgrade from www.wheelking.com.au
I'm going to call them shortly to see how much he swap over would be.

Post up some pics of your car when you get it mate?

Cheers.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #325
Zetec Dave

Hey guys just in case anyone wants to know. I called the ford dealer and asked them about prices for the illuminated gear knob and the 17" wheel upgrade. All I can say is, they're both expensive particularly the illuminated gear knob (might not be worth getting since labour charges alone costs more than the damn knob itself. Anyway, here's what I was quoted (they would not budge on the price as they said they don't make any money out of it and that service department charges them and Wheel King charges them the same for the wheel swap over the same as they would charge the retail customer etc etc etc. Yeah right. I personally rekon its all BS and that they just want to charge the full amount for everything regardless of whether you buy your car off them or not.

Prices quoted were as follows:

17" wheel swap over: $1800 with silverstone tyres or $1960 with falken tyres. Would also need the steering rack limiter at $10 but labour costs $51???

Illuminated gear knob is $190 RRP (was told the full RRP was the best price they could offer me). Plus fitment charges of $220 (yep, just to screw you over even more and that's not a mistype either). Oh and did I mention that they would not include the fitment as part of dealer delivery or good will? They love charging for everything at FULL price with no discounts.

:

What happened to giving good prices and great customer service to retain customers?

Its no wonder why Ford and GM has fallen.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:39 PM   #326
Crazed

Quote:
Hey guys just in case anyone wants to know. I called the ford dealer and asked them about prices for the illuminated gear knob and the 17" wheel upgrade. All I can say is, they're both expensive particularly the illuminated gear knob (might not be worth getting since labour charges alone costs more than the damn knob itself. Anyway, here's what I was quoted (they would not budge on the price as they said they don't make any money out of it and that service department charges them and Wheel King charges them the same for the wheel swap over the same as they would charge the retail customer etc etc etc. Yeah right. I personally rekon its all BS and that they just want to charge the full amount for everything regardless of whether you buy your car off them or not.

Prices quoted were as follows:

17" wheel swap over: $1800 with silverstone tyres or $1960 with falken tyres. Would also need the steering rack limiter at $10 but labour costs $51???

Illuminated gear knob is $190 RRP (was told the full RRP was the best price they could offer me). Plus fitment charges of $220 (yep, just to screw you over even more and that's not a mistype either). Oh and did I mention that they would not include the fitment as part of dealer delivery or good will? They love charging for everything at FULL price with no discounts.

:

What happened to giving good prices and great customer service to retain customers?

Its no wonder why Ford and GM has fallen.

I honestly think there is not a lot of fat in the Fiesta's prices to trim prices. A Zetec 3 door 1.6 litre in the UK is 28,000 AUD not including airconditoning. Plus they have to ship it a lot further to Australia and pay an extra 10% tariff importing into this country. And the UK market for the Fiesta would be a lot bigger so the economies of scale would improve the distribution costs over there.

No excuse for poor customer sevice though.
Crazed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #327
ANGEL#3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Its no wonder why Ford and GM has fallen "FAIL" .
Not cheap, but thats Ford for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ford_fail.jpg (22.1 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-06-2009, 07:31 PM   #328
Zetec Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed
I honestly think there is not a lot of fat in the Fiesta's prices to trim prices. A Zetec 3 door 1.6 litre in the UK is 28,000 AUD not including airconditoning. Plus they have to ship it a lot further to Australia and pay an extra 10% tariff importing into this country. And the UK market for the Fiesta would be a lot bigger so the economies of scale would improve the distribution costs over there.

No excuse for poor customer sevice though.

Yeah fair enough about the cost of the car. There's no complaints there for the cost versus style and functions and features for the car. But the accessories are way over priced and particularly don't understand the price hike of the illuminated gear knob from $130 up to $190??? What the hell is that? Plus another $220 just for stinking labour???

Not only is service bad enough, but the overpriced accessories plus the overpriced labour costing more than the accessories itself is just beyond me.
Old 09-06-2009, 07:39 PM   #329
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

We need to start a accessories data base where we list where we can get the cheapest price for each Item.

Group buy?

Also what brand of tyre have all the zetec's got? I was expecting a contiental as comes with the base model and I was looking forward to them but I looked today only to find Hankooks.... Haven't known ford to put different brand of tyres on each model?
Old 09-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #330
Zetec Dave

Yeah I think a group buy would be in order. Every little bit counts particularly when they're charging an arm and a leg for install.

Aparently for the earlier Zetecs, they were fitted with Conti's but now they are fitting them with Hankooks. Its either another sign of ford going cheap or car manufacturers tend to do that and comes down to how much they can get a batch in bulk with each order they make and how much they can save?