Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:44 PM   #1
xdgl302

Default 1/8th mile times

hi all just got back from the drag strip and did a 9.8 at 72mph with a 0.297 reaction time my car has a tied 302 cleveland with a mild cam in a xd gl with 2:92 diff gears. the dip stick was popping out and making a mess so i only did 2 runs :( time for a rebuild soon i think. anyways wgat you guys think of this time for the old girl and what times yous done in your streerers
xdgl302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
JG33RD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 1/8th mile times

Using an 1/8th to 1/4 calculator that works out to 15.3@89.28. Bout what you would expect from a tired 302 with 2.92 final drive. Good to see your out there having a go, put a spring on your dipstick to hold it down and check your breather and pcv.
Old 13-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #3
raised by monkeys
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Racing in an open day at the local 1/8 in a few weeks with the F6 ute for some practice. Only raced once before in my 5.0 ute. I'll have 245/35R19street tyres so not expecting much in the way of traction. The ute drives pretty factory. A few mods and a tune but no change in gear ratios.

Any advice for racing a turbo besides just planting it? I was thinking of launching in 2nd may decrease the chances of losing too much traction at the lights.

Current
SY FPV F6X Territory #214
Previous
FG MkII G6E Turbo built by Heinrichs Performance and Tuning
BFII FPV TORNADO #0021 351rwkw - Heinrich Performance and Tuning

"Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer" - Arnold Schwarzenegger
raised by monkeys is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 06:16 PM   #4
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Use this for everything...http://www.wallaceracing.com/Calculators.htm

My XF ute runs around 7.70 for a 12.2 @112mph
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #5
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by raised by monkeys View Post
Racing in an open day at the local 1/8 in a few weeks with the F6 ute for some practice. Only raced once before in my 5.0 ute. I'll have 245/35R19street tyres so not expecting much in the way of traction. The ute drives pretty factory. A few mods and a tune but no change in gear ratios.

Any advice for racing a turbo besides just planting it? I was thinking of launching in 2nd may decrease the chances of losing too much traction at the lights.
Leave in first but push the pedal down from little more than idle and drive to suit what it's doing.
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-08-2015, 08:44 PM   #6
xdgl302

hi all been a long time sins iv been on hear a short time after I made this post I did a comp test and it tested ok so I keep ed on looking and found it had a blocked pvc valve so I replace the pvc valve and gave her a tune up and it is running a lot better now not popping out the dip stick now so can't wait to have a go agent at the drags and see if has in proved
xdgl302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2015, 02:43 AM   #7
JG33RD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good to hear you got it sorted;)