Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default A 10.59 AU Ghia...what now :conf

Hi people I went to Perth WAW and finished the night on a 10.59 @ 128 mph.

I know there's a few more tenths in the big girl too. So what happens now besides having to get

a cage if I want to keep running sub 11's? can I go back and run 11's or will I get refused entry at the

gate next time I go to race? Won't be doing the bolt in cage this year and not sure I really want to

at all, but I do know the reality is I want to go quicker and faster lol. Just want to know if they will

refuse me entry if I go back on a Wednesday night for a bit more fun.

Cheers, Wayne.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
CRAIGAU3220
Cat be Still !!!

Default Re: A 10.59 AU Ghia...what now :conf

Hey Wayne, Firstly a big congrats on running a 10.59! Spotted your result on the StreetBuilt FB page Thursday morning.

Can say for certain you wont be turned away at the gate. Not so certain with tech inspection but doubt they would have the info at hand to know your car has gone faster than should......if the tech guys ask what she can run? best say 11 something.........Most likely scenario would be if a ANDRA official with a good memory spotted you down there again they would tell you to keep it above 11.0 with no second chances.

Cheers, Craig.
With 3.9 Gears:.......12.40@112.5mph, still trying!
Tune by XFT
CRAIGAU3220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #3
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGAU3220 View Post
Hey Wayne, Firstly a big congrats on running a 10.59! Spotted your result on the StreetBuilt FB page Thursday morning.

Can say for certain you wont be turned away at the gate. Not so certain with tech inspection but doubt they would have the info at hand to know your car has gone faster than should......if the tech guys ask what she can run? best say 11 something.........Most likely scenario would be if a ANDRA official with a good memory spotted you down there again they would tell you to keep it above 11.0 with no second chances.

Cheers, Craig.
Thanks Craig, that's good to know. The Fairmont has come along way since my disappointments

with the stock 302 and Novi 2000. I would consider a 6 point bolt in cage but I think that'll

open up a can of worms with having to register the car as a 2 seater etc. Might lay low for

a while as I ponder where to go from here. Thing is there's more in her, a better 60' and maybe

some more revs up top and there's probably a couple of tenths. A loop might be very wise though.

Dam this car don't even have a shift light lol.
This user likes this post:
Old 04-04-2015, 08:02 PM   #4
Ride
Stay Classy ™

Don't mean to sound like a nag, but your build thread is unfinished and the car has progressed ....

Would be good to get a bit of a write-up or post up the specs of the motor, dyno sheets etc. Reminds me of my old Meteorite Ghia, never quite hit the big power but loved its easy cruising abilities.
Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-04-2015, 10:39 PM   #5
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK OK quit nagging me lol (jokes bro)

under the hood is a

363ci 8.2 block @ 9:1
Forged crank & H beam rods
Z304 heads
custom hydraulic roller cam
Edelbrock RPM11
75mm TB
1000cc injectors
Holley Dominator fuel pump
Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger @ 15-16psi
Built BTR behind that
3.9 Kaaz diff
All works together nicely to do the job. I was planning go Holley Dominator ECU and dash

it's currently tuned using Quarterhorse. The only other mod I was thinking of doing was a

Super Vic manifold with an elbow, but we'll see as I can't see the point now.

Thanks for your interest.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:14 PM   #6
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Awesome time, congratulations.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Damn impressive !!!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #8
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Nice work ... and to look at it ... it looks like a cruiser as well ... definitely flies under the radar on first looks.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k View Post
Nice work ... and to look at it ... it looks like a cruiser as well ... definitely flies under the radar on first looks.
Thanks mate, yeah that was the idea from the get go... a sleepy Fairmont Ghia. When I first got

my license I was in the process of building a XE sleeper, lowered with S pack rims and had a 351 clevo

ready for her but didn't eventuate...

that was over 20 years ago. Another reason for not wanting a 6 point cage
Old 09-04-2015, 04:33 PM   #10
Parfrey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Great work!
Last time I remember reading about your car was when you had the blower on the stock 302 IRC... looks like its come along way!

Low 10 in it for sure!
Old 10-04-2015, 01:01 AM   #11
347 mont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parfrey View Post
Great work!
Last time I remember reading about your car was when you had the blower on the stock 302 IRC... looks like its come along way!

Low 10 in it for sure!
Yeah that's correct, stock 302 with the right fuel upgrades, end result on 10 psi was 288rwhp which

was pretty lame. I was expecting 330-350 atw. I was going to persevere and try and reach that

goal with what I had but I had some nice parts on the shelf so I thought I'm not getting any younger

time to bite the bullet and build what I always intended. Been a long road but worth every minute

and dollar literally.
3 users like this post: