Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Coupe Club of Australia > Coupe Restoration & Build

Old 25-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #61
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu351
Looking great!

Hey, are they skulls on the end of your rocker cover bolts?!! :evil3:

You're going to love the toploader!! What clutch do you have in it?
Why yes...yes they are..and it's a twin plate
Old 15-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #62
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Been awhile since the last update but I have been flat out with work...grrr..So as I have the day off today...YAY!..here are some progress pics of what has been done so far.

We decided to get the engine bay sandblasted as it was in desperate need of a good clean up after a battery acid spill made it virtually impossible for the paint to be taken off with a grinder.

You can see what state the metal is in...

Here she is off to get Sandblasted. She had to put her rain coat on as it was drizzling...

Old 15-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #63
Geez Louise
Awesome

Here is the coupe back from Sandblasting.

It was also discovered that a bracket on one of the guards was just a little bit broken...

That has now been fixed. The coupe was missing alot of Bolts and nuts etc...guess it got a little bit rattled when we took her to Adelaide
Old 15-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #64
Geez Louise
Awesome

Also decided to get a new front spoiler fitted.

Valance panel before:

Valance Panel after:

Spoiler fitted : :

Old 15-07-2009, 03:13 PM   #65
Geez Louise
Awesome

The guards, doors and bonnet have been realigned.

No more slamming coupe doors :

That is about it for the updates...Plenty more pics were sent but these are enough for now

Also on the engine rebuild front, my very good mate in Newcastle - Scotty, who has joined the dark side and now worships the Lion, very generously sent me a brand new Edelbrock manifold for nix!!

Thanks buddy...I owe you a bottle of Jacks next time we arrange a drinking session. but at least you dont have any Ford parts in your shed anymore....
Old 15-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #66
tony302coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
Also on the engine rebuild front, my very good mate in Newcastle - Scotty, who has joined the dark side and now worships the Lion, very generously sent me a brand new Edelbrock manifold for nix!!
Nix? didn't jack have to pay with somthing :

Looking good guys stay focused; and if need front end parts ie ball joints and the like give Ringwood auto parts a call they gave me a great deal on mine for the ute.

Cheers
Tony
tony302coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #67
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony302coupe

Looking good guys stay focused; and if need front end parts ie ball joints and the like give Ringwood auto parts a call they gave me a great deal on mine for the ute.

Cheers
Tony
Cheers Tony,
We Just picked up a new set.
Rob at Ringwood Auto Parts is always the first person I call when I need any parts as I found him to be heaps cheaper than the regular auto parts stores.
I highly recommend him as well.:

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Tha Jack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #68
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Hey Jack and Coll, can't wait to see the finished item, it's looking great!! A heap of work has gone in but it'll be worth it.

I'm embarrased to lift my bonnet......

Roll on Echuca.....................

http://www.fordcoupeclub.org

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there" George Harrison 2001.
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #69
Geez Louise
Awesome

I will have to let you know about Echuca at the end of the month Craig....Things are not looking that promising for us to go at this stage...All depends on when the car comes back from paint and IF we can now reschedule getting the exhaust fitted as the dates for everything have blown out. :(

Work commitments are also proving a little bit of a challenge...but we are definitely trying to have it all organised so we can be there!!
Old 17-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #70
Geez Louise
Awesome

How do you all like my new engine... 1 man power - Flintstone style!

We have paint!!! Wahooo :

We should have more pics later today...Getting really excited now! :sm_headba
Old 17-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #71
Geez Louise
Awesome

Default Im bringing sexy back...

HOW GOOD DOES THAT LOOK!!! :

I think I am in love with my car all over again
Old 17-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #72
Apollo66
My toy

Location: South Ozz on the only leg Australia has to stand on

That's looks sweet:, I can see a few late nights coming up soon.
Apollo66 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #73
Geez Louise
Awesome

I think that is a guarantee Kerry. Dont know where we are going to fit the time in between work, kids and other commitments but if anyone is gonna get it ready in time...It will be us

And thanks for the comments Kerry. Not many replies on this thread I am afraid. Just mainly me prattlin on. I am not feeling the coupe love :(

Maybe I should just keep the rest to myself until it is up and running and goes on a club run......Honestly, I have seen more comments written on the walls in the girls loo at Myer!!
Old 18-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #74
montyv8
Turbo Dinosaur FTMFW

man that engine bay is bright! you'd get more 'traffic' if the thread was in the general projects area ;)
Old 18-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #75
cob115
COUPE WHORE

does look great coll,u n jack must b wraped,keep up the pics n infogreat 2 watch the progress,all the projects going on to keep coupes alive is very noice

1974 Malvern Star Dragstar pushbike mods; bald back tyre, big sissy bar, speckled paint job and buckled front wheel
cob115 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #76
fordmfp
Blue blooded

Quote:
I think that is a guarantee Kerry. Dont know where we are going to fit the time in between work, kids and other commitments but if anyone is gonna get it ready in time...It will be us

And thanks for the comments Kerry. Not many replies on this thread I am afraid. Just mainly me prattlin on. I am not feeling the coupe love :(

Maybe I should just keep the rest to myself until it is up and running and goes on a club run......Honestly, I have seen more comments written on the walls in the girls loo at Myer!!
Mate i feel your pain :( Im in the same boat!!! But seriously this is one beautiful car!! I wish mine was half as mint as this!!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11259539
fordmfp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #77
tony302coupe

Exclamation

[QUOTE=Geez Louise]I am not feeling the coupe love :( QUOTE]

Sounds like Colll needs a COUPE hug!!!!

Chin up guys, If you need a hand just call I think that I can leave some DNA on youre coupe, the engine bay looks real nice and the front spoiler looks ffantastic.

I think Im starting to miss the red coupe

Cheers.
Tony
Old 18-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #78
GT-GTF
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
HOW GOOD DOES THAT LOOK!!! :

I think I am in love with my car all over again
Colleen - that is hot you should be wrapped! I hope to see you, your car and lots of other coupes in Echuca. Imagine if you don't come you will be kicking yourself for the next 2 years.
GT-GTF is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 10:36 AM   #79
fatasslandau
the money box

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT KEEPING THE PICS TO YOURSELF maybe everyones drooling on their keyboards and finding it hard to type .. can't wait to see it a echuca .. hint ...hint...
fatasslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #80
InfernoSR
Sales Representative

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For research and posted write up on cooling system care and repair in AU.COM and offering help where possible 

Engine bay looks great... but i think chrome hinges might have looked better... but thats my personal opinion :P
Old 18-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #81
Muzz Landau

Hi,
You coupe is looking hot. Don't stop the pics now.
Nothing like a pretty girl in a sexy red dress.....
Muzz Landau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #82
Geez Louise
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony302coupe

Sounds like Colll needs a COUPE hug!!!!

Chin up guys, If you need a hand just call I think that I can leave some DNA on youre coupe, the engine bay looks real nice and the front spoiler looks ffantastic.

I think Im starting to miss the red coupe

Cheers.
Tony
Tony the last time you tried that on Lindsays car you ended up with Stitches... :Up_to_som

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyv8
man that engine bay is bright! you'd get more 'traffic' if the thread was in the general projects area
Yeah I know but I like the coupe club. After all it is a coupe...and I am a member of a special group of Ford enthusiasts :sm_headba

Geez I was just havin abit of a laugh and made my comment last night tongue in cheek...didnt mean for all you guys to take it so seriously. A woman having a whinge,,,how strange!!

I couldnt care if no one comments on the thread to be honest with you...as long as someone hopefully sees something that they can use to make their project go a little easier...well then I am happy... but thanks for sending out the love guys :
Old 18-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #83
tony302coupe

[QUOTE=Geez Louise]Tony the last time you tried that on Lindsays car you ended up with Stitches... :Up_to_som QUOTE]

It was just a flesh wound e

Quote:
Geez I was just havin abit of a laugh and made my comment last night tongue in cheek...didnt mean for all you guys to take it so seriously. A woman having a whinge,,,how strange!! :
Good, now the whingeing is over with, go and polish that Edelbrock manifold :dr_Evil:

And add some skulls and flames to it

Cheers
Tony
Old 18-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #84
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With the way this car is coming it would look every bit as good driving around with the bonnet off!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #85
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

Well the coupe is now finished being painted we will be bringing her home next week and getting stuck into reassembling her.
Ill be sure to give Col all the hard dirty jobs so she can really experience the joys of working on a coupe. :hihi:

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Old 19-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #86
fatasslandau
the money box

now thats the spirit make sure to sit back in a comfy chair with an alcoholic beverage and supervise col doing all those hard dirty jobs..... not that she needs supervising just that an extra set of eyes sometimes helps :
Old 19-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #87
Tha Jack
Legend!!!

I like your thinking.
Off to get a comfy chair now :

BACK TO THE BONE YARD
Old 19-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #88
Geez Louise
Awesome

Hard dirty jobs....pfft.. I have a teenage son that never cleans his room. Now that is a dirty job! Putting the car back together will be a breeze compared that!!

Think I will take a few days off work this week...I want to get it finished and back on the road. Gee I miss driving it! Going to feel strange once the new motor is in. Driving her as a manual.

Count down to Echuca is definitely on!!
Old 20-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #89
fatasslandau
the money box

taking time off to work on the car..... i think i need to get you to talk to my wife :
Old 20-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #90
Geez Louise
Awesome

Cant wait till tomorrow and I have my baby back home!! I am really excited!! ...then the fun begins...putting it back together.

Even managed to get tomorrow and Friday off work...YAY!! :

Tony...keep ya phone on...I might be calling you on the weekend!! :