Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 28-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #1
toyotaxr8

Default Calvert rear suspension help required

Hello i recently purchased calvert one inch lower split mono leaf springs and their 9 way adjustable rear shocks part number CR44116. The issue I'm having its that with the car on the ground i have only 1 inch of travel on the shocks before they bottom out but there is 2.5 inch before the diff hits the bump stops. Has anyone else found this issue before? And how did you fix it?

Any help greatly appreciated Cheers Greg
Old 29-05-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: Calvert rear suspension help required

I don't think there is anything you can do Greg. That shock will bottom out and destroy itself. You can't relocate the shock mount unless you spend a bit of money.

When I ordered my shocks I had to give them the lengths fully compressed and extended and then picked the best shock from the catalogue.

Also with monoleafs I think you need to be running the caltracs too.
Old 29-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #3
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

just curious, what sort of car? and cs123 is correct about the caltracs

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #4
toyotaxr8

The car is a zc fairlane, and i am running caltracs. This is the set up supplied by the Australian distributor for calvert. They have been helpful, and they say that is the set up the sell to everybody for xw xy zc zd falcons and fairlanes. I have found a set of QA1 shocks that are the right lengths to suit. I just don't get how other people could be running this set up without damaging the shocks/shock mounts
Old 29-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #5
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Is is street driven?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30-05-2015, 08:28 PM   #6
toyotaxr8

Yeah its street driven. I have returned the shocks and purchased some QA1 double adjustable units now i have heaps of travel on the shocks.
Old 30-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

I've always used RS 99201. 18.35" extended . 12.1" , 6.35" travel.
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #8
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

I cant even find a listing for 44116???
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2023, 09:59 AM   #9
XY Interceptor
Ochre Wagon

Hi
Very old post I know but hopefully you can answer.
What model QA1 rear did you use? I have the same Calvert set up in my XY wagon and I’d like some more travel in the shocks also.
If you have the part number that would be awesome.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaxr8 View Post
The car is a zc fairlane, and i am running caltracs. This is the set up supplied by the Australian distributor for calvert. They have been helpful, and they say that is the set up the sell to everybody for xw xy zc zd falcons and fairlanes. I have found a set of QA1 shocks that are the right lengths to suit. I just don't get how other people could be running this set up without damaging the shocks/shock mounts
XY Interceptor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post