Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Default Hsv Announces 6.2 L Ls3 317 Kw

hsv have announced ls3 engine 6.2 , 317 kw will be in all hsv models as of april .....whats fpv doing dragging there feet ? have we been givin the kw for the gt model yet from fpv ? i know rumour is 315 but has this been confirmed by fpv ?

TSERIES is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
gtfpv
GT

i'm not the slightest bit concerned . cause the little 5.4 is going to fry its 6.2 kw's arrrrssse.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #3
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xw gtho phase 2
hsv have announced ls3 engine 6.2 , 317 kw will be in all hsv models as of april .....whats fpv doing dragging there feet ? have we been givin the kw for the gt model yet from fpv ? i know rumour is 315 but has this been confirmed by fpv ?

Oh dear, that's simply disasterous..

Had better trade in my uncollected 302 on the monster 317kw HSV.

Do people really give a crap about that? Jesus, insecurity must be a curse.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #4
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
Oh dear, that's simply disasterous..

Had better trade in my uncollected 302 on the monster 317kw HSV.

Do people really give a crap about that? Jesus, insecurity must be a curse.

not insecruity mate its called hsv leading the way again ....like to see what happens when u pull up at the lights with the 317 kw monster next to you in your 302 cobra u will be to gutless to give him a go in fear u will look like a idiot ...facts a facts mate im pretty sure hsv ls3 will make lunch duties out of the 315 kw 5.4 too we will wait n see im sure modern motor and the like will have there reviews in within the next 6 mths on both cars .
Old 01-04-2008, 01:50 PM   #5
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
not insecruity mate its called hsv leading the way again ....like to see what happens when u pull up at the lights with the 317 kw monster next to you in your 302 cobra u will be to gutless to give him a go in fear u will look like a idiot ...facts a facts mate im pretty sure hsv ls3 will make lunch duties out of the 315 kw 5.4 too we will wait n see im sure modern motor and the like will have there reviews in within the next 6 mths on both cars .
SAYS WHO ????? MARKETING MAGAZINES . WHO TAKE $$$$$ OFF MARKETEERS. . OR YOU ??? WHO ARE YOU TO KNOW ????
Old 01-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #6
Rock ape

I give a crap. Im sick of the Ford V8s getting flogged year after year.

New FG XR6T ZF
Rock ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #7
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Me too. If I was after a V8 then there is no question I would buy a Holden/HSV product until Ford up their game.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTp001

UNTRUE !!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #9
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Me too. If I was after a V8 then there is no question I would buy a Holden/HSV product until Ford up their game.

If i was after a preformance car in the fpv range it would not be a laughable fpv gt it would be the turbo 6 it is clearly there leader ...
Old 01-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #10
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGTp001

someone who is not in denial good on ya your speaking the truth ....
Old 01-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
TSERIES
THE WORLD IS FORDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
SAYS WHO ????? MARKETING MAGAZINES . WHO TAKE $$$$$ OFF MARKETEERS. . OR YOU ??? WHO ARE YOU TO KNOW ????

not sure about the marketing consiracy LOL
but i do know a bit about both cars
have currently got a ve hsv R8 307 quite a pleasure making the cobra 302 look stupidly slow

have owned 2 pursuit utes both 290's oh dear glad i woke up and bought
a new maloo 317kw
luv the typhoons and tornado's fpv's only true preformance car ...
Old 01-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #12
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
If i was after a preformance car in the fpv range it would not be a laughable fpv gt it would be the turbo 6 it is clearly there leader ...

IF I HAD 1/2 A BRAIN . I WOULDN'T BE PRE JUDGING A CAR THAT HAS'NT BEEN released yet. but that's a story for the bar.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:05 PM   #13
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
not sure about the marketing consiracy LOL
but i do know a bit about both cars
have currently got a ve hsv R8 307 quite a pleasure making the cobra 302 look stupidly slow

have owned 2 pursuit utes both 290's oh dear glad i woke up and bought
a new maloo 317kw
luv the typhoons and tornado's fpv's only true preformance car ...

on that basis . i respect your veiws , because they are hands on .
still irrelivant to comment on a pre new car.
also i'm not suere i agree on your statements about your cars , but that is my veiw , your entitled to yours .
we all know about the F6 , NONE OF US DISPUTE IT . but at the fpv drive days . the f6's arent that much ahead of the V8's.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:07 PM   #14
tex
Broken

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: With the exception of maybe HSE2, nobody writes a review like Texy. 

Quote:
That's sad.

Go buy the HSV if quoted pwr output means that much to you.

Gutless????????????????????

If I was, Id have put my money in HSV's hands.

Grow up.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #15
tex
Broken

My bad, see you have brought the HSV.

Must be good to tell others how big your dlck is.

I buy for more than pwr, it's called the overall package.

11.4 @ 128, 1.88 60ft.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #16
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

You will be suprised with the performance of the FG GT...
Old 01-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #17
Rock ape

If it can beat a VE SS i will be surprised (and happy)

New FG XR6T ZF
Rock ape is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #18
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
Remove the tin foil hat and see the light of common sense and rational thinking.
The Ford V8 has nothing on the Holden/HSV v8's.
There is no conspiracy, just the cold hard truth.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 PM   #19
daniel_rossy
AU Falcon

Quote:
Agreed. Down on paper, its a whole 13kw's at the flywheel difference. But really, 15kw's isnt noticable from a engine that already produces 300kw's.
i find it sad how these days a honda accord has more power than a VR HSV. They have to stop somewhere. So no, ford isnt loosing becasuse we all know our 5.4's can keep up with the 6.0's quite well. Watch out holden when the 290kw XR8 comes out to play :
daniel_rossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #20
ea90gl
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We'll you have to give credit to the fact a 5.4 is pumping out marginally less than a 6.2 in standard trim but at the same time I'm sure we'd all love to see a bit more from ford, yes we know they have limited resources but look what goes on with the 5.4 in the states, Im sure a factory 320-330 would be relatively easy AND would sure embarrass the guys at HSV
ea90gl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 02:52 PM   #21
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

The new hero car will be the FG F6 from what I am hearing. Smaller turbo in the new model yes but running a lot more boost than we have seen before should make it the performance king and perhaps even best the 7 litre Holden when it hits the market.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:56 PM   #22
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
Remove the tin foil hat and see the light of common sense and rational thinking.
The Ford V8 has nothing on the Holden/HSV v8's.
There is no conspiracy, just the cold hard truth.

Who is the one not thinking straight?
A 6.2l compared to a 5.4l
C'mon mate.

Gm's ls3 is a little bit better, but not that far ahead.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:13 PM   #23
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For me it seems like HSV are trying to catch FPV. Its widley known that the 302 boss is more like 315 or there abouts. The 302 is way way understated and im sure all 302 boss owners would agree. For me this is no news but HSV trying to catch up t0 the mightly 302 boss
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:18 PM   #24
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by PURSUIT-250
Who is the one not thinking straight?
A 6.2l compared to a 5.4l
C'mon mate.

Gm's ls3 is a little bit better, but not that far ahead.
Engine capacity isn't the point here. If you want a big rwd v8, you either get a xr8/gt or ssv/HSV. So yes, you can compare them as they are targeting the same market.

If you want to get technical then yes, the 5.4 isn't that far behind. But it IS behind. Whether that's due to displacement or technology doesn't matter. Doesn't matter that its only 15kw/fractions of a section difference, in the public perception its a quicker (therefore "better") car.

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:19 PM   #25
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
not insecruity mate its called hsv leading the way again ....like to see what happens when u pull up at the lights with the 317 kw monster next to you in your 302 cobra u will be to gutless to give him a go in fear u will look like a idiot ...
So the guy who doesnt race on the street looks like an idiot?

Im betting youre the delusional type who thinks anyone who wont race them must feel your car is superior, and Im sure thats exactly what you tell everyone as you fail to notice their eyes glaze over.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:38 PM   #26
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
lol hes going to be afraid to give them a go?

theres a lot more to life than draggin c***s at the lights.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #27
WOTDAH
Yes YOU

Can someone tell me how Holden are ahead? FG GT 320 kw, LS3 317 kw. Looks to me the Ford are ahead by an earth shattering 3kw.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #28
F6 R-Spec
formerly PURSUIT-250

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Nothing
Engine capacity isn't the point here. If you want a big rwd v8, you either get a xr8/gt or ssv/HSV. So yes, you can compare them as they are targeting the same market.

If you want to get technical then yes, the 5.4 isn't that far behind. But it IS behind. Whether that's due to displacement or technology doesn't matter. Doesn't matter that its only 15kw/fractions of a section difference, in the public perception its a quicker (therefore "better") car.
Yes we know HSV has that bit better V8, 6.2L it's not something you can ignore comparing it to a 5.4L. No substitute for cubes they say, it is and will always be.
I dont only compare KW's and how Quik the cars are, i look at it all cubes, drivability, stopping the lot.

FPV had it over HSV with there F6, and will continue to have it over them with the FG ( IMO ).

Cheers mick.
F6 R-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM   #29
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOTDAH
Can someone tell me how Holden are ahead? FG GT 320 kw, LS3 317 kw. Looks to me the Ford are ahead by an earth shattering 3kw.

is that confirmed ? 320 for the GT?
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #30
mcnews
Trev

It's not the peak that is the issue for anyone with half a brain. It is the mumbo off the bottom and in the middle. This is where the Boss is anaemic, it pulls wonderfully up top, nobody is dipsuting that. But pulling well in the last couple of thousand rpm is not what makes for a great motor. If the F6 only pulled hard from 4000 up hardly anyone would buy one.