Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-01-2006, 07:11 PM   #1
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Default No more fan noise??

Howdy ppls,

It seems my engine fan is either not working period or there is no need to cool the engine down after the car is turned off.

I remember for like the first 3-5 months its would stay on for 5 mins after heavy driving, but it seems that it has stopped altogether sinch the pod filter has gone on. I drove home from work with is a 45mins drive doin no less than 70ks with 4-5k rpm average. and a couple wheel spins here and there i get home and its silent.

Would this be a justifiable reason or should i get it looked at at the next service?

Old 03-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
naughtyfalcon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how do you average 4 to 5 thousand revs per min when your only doing 70 k per hour,,you must ride the clutch a fair bit or something else is very loose there somewhere,,
Old 03-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #3
MISTA FIESTA
Da Shifty One

Apoligies, 4-5k rpm was abit of an exageration, but trying to make the point that i wasnt driving like a pensioner.

btw is an auto which thew fan usually runs more often and longer that manual,
Old 03-01-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA
btw is an auto which thew fan usually runs more often and longer that manual,
Oh, well I was gonna offer some advice, but If thats the case then I dont know. See my car usually only Fans up after engine shutdown in city stop start driving, and thats about it.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Oh, well I was gonna offer some advice, but If thats the case then I dont know. See my car usually only Fans up after engine shutdown in city stop start driving, and thats about it.
Same! Usually because the engine is running and no air* is going into the engine. When the car is moving.... its cooled down easier!

*lets not start the air argument again

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #6
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Mista, i found exactly the same. when i first got the car (last year in summer, IT WAS A VERY HOT SUMMER) i found the fan stayed on for about 2 minutes after shut down on occasions.
now a year on the fan comes on rarely and doesnt stay on for long..
when i do find it stays on is when ive had the aircon on. when i park i take the car out of gear, switch the aircon off, turn the dial from 1 to off and ill let the motor run for a minute or so untill the fan turns off.

Reason for that is because some fiestas like Teki's have had problems with water pump failure, i just want to do things that might minimize the need for my car to visit ford workshops.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mines like yours damo, first few months when I first bought it, it sounded huge :] the thing cooling down, nowadays theres nothing, when i turn off the engine its .. silence ><

.. but then it might be something with my radiator (chk?) being a bit bent in ><
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #8
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xurbanx
Mines like yours damo, first few months when I first bought it, it sounded huge :] the thing cooling down, nowadays theres nothing, when i turn off the engine its .. silence ><

.. but then it might be something with my radiator (chk?) being a bit bent in ><
H, theres no way your radiator could be bent in man from the small dent on your bonnet. Its too far back for that ding to have hit it. So don't worry bout it.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

xurbanx !!!! ohh crap id be carefull if i were you, the fiesta engine is designed to fallout underneath the car in the event of an extremely minor collision. FEK lol

dont worry dude :P hehe the radiator will be fine, its well protected
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
Old 04-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #10
Danny
GT4.

Lol at mitches comment. Imagine Kicking the front of the Fiesta and the engine came out.
Old 05-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #11
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

hahhaahhaha, nice way to get back at someone if they annoyed you.

Loads of fun :
Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 AM   #12
xurbanx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

phew :] whats that big grill looking thing on the front?

anyway; a week before its going in the panel beaters!
xurbanx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM   #13
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
hahhaahhaha, nice way to get back at someone if they annoyed you.
Nice way to get a free ST engine as well ;)
Old 05-01-2006, 11:47 AM   #14
GROOV3
Rollin

i gotta say mine did it a few times last summer mainly when i had been stopped in traffic and stop start stuff and the engine got hotter then turned the car off

if i had the air con on the fan runs all the time so never stays on after the car is turned off.

but havnt noticed it this summer at all maybe the cooling system is working better once the engine is worn in
GROOV3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post