Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 16-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
eleanor67
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

I think not having drag racing here for so long has a big inpact on it, alot of cars have been sold off to interstate so sa just doe's not have many drag cars. I realy hope the drag racing keeps going in SA as im building up a new engine for my BF XR8 ute and plans to build a tc cortina drag car in the next year or two.
Its going to take some time to get cars back but if we all see its here to stay then i think it will get very big and will out grow AIR if it hasn't already.
eleanor67 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2013, 04:46 PM   #32
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Who is supporting Adelaide International Raceway...if not drags will be canned!

We have 100's of drag cars here in Adelaide mate its the "street" cars that aren't pulling their weight with entries.
Comp meetings are being filled but its just the street meets that aren't getting the numbers.

Different generation now so the street crowd needs to be advertised/enticed differently imo.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
FG inlet and exhaust manifolds
T4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #33
berry
Starter Motor

Agree with T4ME-what is wrong with the street cars of Adelaide?I ran Whyalla in Feb and there were 40 entries.Surely the big city should draw more than that.Is it the 10 sec rule re roll cages etc that's the problem?
berry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #34
Chrisosicko
ADELAIDE

I was only referring to street cars in my post. It's just to expensive to hire the track for street cars at Adelaide international.
Chrisosicko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #35
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well we had a "Off Street" event a couple months ago with reduced entry fee and only costing $60 to enter the evening.....Adelaide responded to the tune of over 200 entrants and over 50 turned away due to max numbers reached it was a massive success with no numbers like this ever produced at the track... a record if you will.

This event is not to be confused with the meeting that's being held on the 7th of July which will be a comp meeting with full preparation even wheel barrow tires will get you traction its that good here.

Entry price for these quality prepared meetings are now reduced also as the venue owner that's hiring it out to Racing Onn must have dropped their price a little....about time Rino gets a break with the effort his team has put in

The forecast for the 7th is rather good and the days prior aren't to shabby for this time of year so it looks like a go ahead weather wise meeting guys/gals.

Ill be running a new 15" rim/tire setup this time out with a ethanol tune so fingers crossed she runs a solid number.
Would be good to see some more Heinrich destroyers out at the track again.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #36
Starlightblue

my car wont be quite ready for the 7th , bugger.

just wondering if anyone would know. If I break into a 9 second pass at a street meet will I be told that's enough and to go home?
I have a 1/2 cage and tailshaft loop. I don't however have full cage, harness or chute.

Will they allow this?
Old 30-06-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
T4ME
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nope not allowed....well one pass will be lol.

Ring ANDRA here in Adelaide and they will give you the run down instead of going by the book they provide.
Built BTR 4k TCE stall
This user likes this post:
Old 30-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #38
berry
Starter Motor

I ran the street meet when there was 220 entrants.great day had by all but only got in three passes,best of 13.0 @ 113mph.no traction obviously,and it was also my son's first time on the strip.won't be at July meet,getting trans and hi-stall converter fitted.back out for the August meet. currently 290rwKw but lousy 2.2 60ft
berry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #39
ronnyBB
Channel 4 news team

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4ME
We have 100's of drag cars here in Adelaide mate its the "street" cars that aren't pulling their weight with entries.
Comp meetings are being filled but its just the street meets that aren't getting the numbers.

Different generation now so the street crowd needs to be advertised/enticed differently imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by berry
Agree with T4ME-what is wrong with the street cars of Adelaide?I ran Whyalla in Feb and there were 40 entries.Surely the big city should draw more than that.Is it the 10 sec rule re roll cages etc that's the problem?
Yes, sadly ANDRA is involved
Its not like the old days where an 11 sec street car was king
Now days there are tons of 10 sec streeters with some 9 sec ones that dont want a cage
If Rino ran AIR like Heathcote (with reasonable rules), myself and alot of my mates would race
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #40
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

All going well, I'll be attending this Sunday as a spectator cheering you blokes on.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont