Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 22-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #31
fred43
Starter Motor

Hank,

Have mailed you on your gmail.
Ron
fred43 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #32
hankb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred43
Probably because it was fitted ion the car when I bought it. It was 12months old an ex company car.
If it were mine Fred I would be ripping the Hornet system out and pelting it in the bin. That's just more electronics to fail, and totally unnecessary.
hankb.
hankb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #33
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

BASE on the cluster number means it's a base model cluster ... from memory ... Fairmonts came up with FAIR on them as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 04:41 PM   #34
fred43
Starter Motor

Hi everyone,
Well the AU is now back on the road.
The problem was exectly as described by hankb.
The BEM had lost contact with the PCM and thats why I had no crank. I had to have 2 ign keys reprogramed to the BEM then the BEM needed a "Parameter Reset" [handshake to the PCM] The parameter reset can only be done with a proper scan tool of course.
This work was done at the local Ford dealer for total cost of $89.

Many thanks to everyone who assisted with this problem.

Interesting thought:- New ignition key from Ford $143 plus $40 for cutting. After sales key from same locksmith including cutting $90.

Both keys work fine.

Ron
This user likes this post:
Old 25-03-2010, 04:55 PM   #35
gordon_s1942
Starter Motor

I just had the battery out of my AU2 for more than 10 days due to doing repairs.
All I did was put the battery back in, connected and cranked it over and it fired.
Reset the radio code and its lost its presets.
I clean forgot all about the Key Code untill I read this.
One thing I have noticed is that it is actualy seems to be more responsive to the acelerator and in Cruise (auto), the shifts are more positive than before.
A friend suggested the computer had wiped all the previously 'learnt' driving information.
If that's correct, all the better.
It always seemed to want to 'Hunt' before then 'surge' off.
gordon_s1942 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2010, 05:12 PM   #36
hankb

Quote:
Hi everyone,
The BEM had lost contact with the PCM and thats why I had no crank. I had to have 2 ign keys reprogramed to the BEM then the BEM needed a "Parameter Reset" [handshake to the PCM] The parameter reset can only be done with a proper scan tool of course.

Interesting thought:- New ignition key from Ford $143 plus $40 for cutting. After sales key from same locksmith including cutting $90.

Both keys work fine.

Ron
Good one Ron...I was pretty confident that would be the problem. You can R & R the battery in these cars with no problems BUT if you are cranking engine and battery craps itself or is almost flat,then the BEM can loose communication with the PCM and hence no crank.
I would have done the job for you only you live a bit far away.
hankb
:

Last edited by hankb; 25-03-2010 at 05:20 PM.
This user likes this post:
Old 03-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #37
fred43
Starter Motor

A footnote to all this.
Having had the reset done the car ran a little rough for a few days.
Now it has settled down and it is running better than ever. I guess the system has now learnt my driving methods etc.
In view of the way it is performing I cant help but wonder if having to have everything reset wasn't a good thing.
Ron
Old 29-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #38
kelvingregg
Starter Motor

So i have a 2000 au amd after an engin change had a bit of fun getting it up and running etc after haveing a falty fuel pump...after fixing fuel pume got it all running sweet exept a broken pipe on power steering rack which i proceded to fix .
After fixing that tryed to start up and got the half cranks then click click clic nothing...now dont get a darn thing all things come on exept no crank..is this also the BEM and PCM... help please as car is stuck at home
kelvingregg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #39
hankb

After the ignition key is turned to the on position does the SMARTSHIELD hand in the instrument cluster extinguish?
Old 19-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #40
NeilS
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU Falcon wont start

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Both keys work fine.

Ron
I have the very same problem with my auii, ive taken your advice and booked into ford to have the keys re-programmed.
Spoke to the master-tech and said it could be a fault with my BEM-Blue?
NeilS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-12-2013, 07:56 PM   #41
Turton
Starter Motor

Somebody must know how to bypass these smart shields
I have heard of a bloke that can twitch a few wires to bypass this bullshit immobiliser
Turton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #42
Ravenon
Raven

I'm having a similar problem..My immobiliser light flashes when you turn the ignition on and it won't start..When i leave it on for an hour it goes out then it will start but once turned off it goes to immobiliser mode again
Old 03-11-2016, 12:56 AM   #43
Cherylee92
Starter Motor

Default Any suggestions

Hi guys not sure how old this post is but im having trouble with my 99 ford au any tips would be great. It wont start when i put the key in the car doesn't start all the dash lights come on but when i turn the key all that happens is the exclamation symbol.comes on but the park brake is definitely off and it is in park any clue on whats happening?
Cherylee92 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post