Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
crikeyrob

Default Alternator wiring colors

Hi all, I’m in the final stages of putting an FG XR6t and ZF into an old mustang. Some may know of the car from a thread here or boostedford.com, it’s been a while since I’ve posted.

Anyway, I am re-attaching the alternator plug (3wire type from FG) to the loom and I can’t find a wiring diagram to help me determine what order they should be on the plug. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that lists the wire colors? Or can someone with an FG or BF 6 cylinder engine post a pic of their alternator plug showing the wire colors?

The only thing I could find is a summary from the service manual,but it doesn’t list wire colors.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crikeyrob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
crikeyrob

Default Re: Alternator wiring colors

I searched through all Ebay and gumtree listings of Falcon alternators and just found this pic. All the other pics I found were blurry so I couldn’t tell.

From this image it looks like it’s in this order with clip orientation to the top.
(Yellow ) (green/yellow) (blue/yellow)

Please feel free to confirm or share a wiring diagram for me

Thanks in advance

Old 09-09-2018, 05:57 PM   #3
crikeyrob

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for either BF or FG XR6t??

I can’t find them anywhere.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #4
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikeyrob View Post
Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for either BF or FG XR6t??

I can’t find them anywhere.

I'm just on the last leg of my holidays so when I get home in the next few days I will check the wiring sheets in my FG workshop manual.
Give me a reminder pm by the end of the week if I forget to get back to you.

Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-09-2018, 10:47 PM   #5
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Here you go but perhaps you should consider paying the 20 odd dollars for a short term subscription from Ford at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Ho....com%3A1402%2F and downloading the whole FG factory workshop manual. Might make it easier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FGALT2 2018-09-09 001.jpg (81.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 09-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
crikeyrob

Thanks! I didn’t realize that was an option. I’ll look into it. I appreciate the assistance!

Old 09-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #7
crikeyrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiblue View Post
Here you go but perhaps you should consider paying the 20 odd dollars for a short term subscription from Ford at https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Ho....com%3A1402%2F and downloading the whole FG factory workshop manual. Might make it easier.

Hi Aussieblue, I have discovered an error with that manual image. That image is actually showing the plug on the loom and not the alternator terminal it’s self. It’s misleading as it has the three tabs shows on the image when they shouldn’t be there. I.e it’s showing a male alternator terminal. Only discovered this after someone on a Facebook group just sent me an image from their FG falcon. So this matches with my period image also. Here’s the image of the alternator with wiring. The solid yellow is just hidden. Just thought I’d flag it Incase others see this thread

Old 09-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #8
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Yes; sorry I should have said all the workshop manual pictures are of the connectors on the looms looking into the connectors. Or as Ford say the "connector at the mating end of the loom". It's the way all their factory workshop manual wiring diagrams have been illustrated for as long as I can remember. It rare for then to illustrate the pinout on any socket except for things like ECU/PCM s.

Last edited by aussiblue; 09-09-2018 at 11:26 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2018, 11:25 PM   #9
crikeyrob

Really appreciate your help mate. No need to apologize. And I’ll look into that subscription. Have a great one

Old 10-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #10
Itsme
Experienced Member

Checked the manual tonight and confirmed as what aussiblue posted up is the same.

Cheers.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-01-2019, 10:25 PM   #11
Mono101
Starter Motor

Does anyone have the diagrams of how these wires connect t to the pcm. I cant seem to find corresponding diagrams to suit the smart alternator
Mono101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post