Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Ford Performance Club of ACT > Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Events

Ford Performance Club of ACT Owners Club Events Meets, greats and timetables

Closed Thread

Old 14-10-2011, 03:59 PM   #31
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: *Dyno Day 2011 Edition - 15th October @ GenTech*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARATE
Are printouts of dyno runs available?
From Original post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenTech
Entry fee will be $50 for three runs and a printout.

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
Old 14-10-2011, 07:11 PM   #32
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Ahhhh my bad
Iphone screen seems terribly small lol
Old 14-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #33
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

I'll come along! What time do we need to be there by?
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
Old 14-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #34
xargon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvgtp255
I'll come along! What time do we need to be there by?

See post #12.
Old 14-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #35
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: This thread: BA-BF diff cradle removal for diff bushes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon
See post #12.
Cheers, I should use my eyes more...
Full Difilippo big boy exhaust /4.5" body ballistic metal cats / boss 315 plenum & twin throttle body coupled to bpr airbox / powerbond underdrives / herrod 290 cams / malwood opt 3+ / hrs Pegasus rims 19x8.5 front - 9.5 rear / nitto invo 245-35-19F & 275-35-19R / whiteline swaybars/ Under bonnet bling / 4.11 harrop truetrac

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

supercharged 363 dart takes on au work ute http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11342906
Old 14-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #36
genebaby
Abuser of Charvels

I'm working tomorrow, as usual these days. If I finish at a decent time I'll try and swing past.

Daily: Tornado MY20 GTI

Retired: Venom BA XR8 - build thread
Old 15-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #37
NOSXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I thought the guys with the black F6 that won their class were a bit odd? (to be very nice to them)

I used 98 ron all day and made 428.8 rwkw at 22psi on my last run.

I started out at about 21psi 406 rwkw on my first run and used the Eboost2 to take the lead.

Now after the guys with the F6 fueled up on C16 got it outside I asked the owner what was controlling their boost, the guy basically laughed at me and said "we don't need a boost controller the ecu does it for us".

Now thats fine as the ecu had a good grip on it, however they only needed another 5rwkw (about) to take out the "Other" class and win an extra $500. My thinking is if you have a gate make full use of it, even a crap controller would have got the win for them.

As the owner said "we built it to be the kings of XR6 Turbo in the ACT" XD lol, what a thing to say...
Old 15-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #38
AKM.54L
2004 BA XR8 Utility

agreed mate, and ive gotta say im not a turbo fan but ***** me i was impressed with yours
Old 15-10-2011, 10:20 PM   #39
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Quality contribution which has gone somewhat un-noticed so far. 

Oh well dyno will be dynos. Reguardless of readings it was a great day. Seen some beautiful pieces of engineering and listen to sone of the sweetest tunes in the country (ford v8s!!! Lol)
Gotta give it to the holden boys they managed to pull some great numbers but..... We all missed the big ending!!

SMOKEU was put on the dyno and kicked a leg, made a MASSIVE mess. They ended up kicking everyone out due to the mess and apparently they couldnt get it off the dyno? (someone clear that up for us?)

Overall a Great day, i met some increadibly nice club members who so very nicely invited me to sit with them when they seen i was by myself. Thanks guys that was a heart warming guesture. Sorry i didnt say goodbye i had to keave in a hurry. hopefully i'll return with a blower or high comp n/a engine

Ps the guy on the microphone needs new jokes lol
Old 15-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #40
FAT245
Lacking Imagination

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Nath deserve's a Technical Contributor award for his willingness to share everything in his vast knowledge of tuning EEC-IV and -V Falcons, not to mention engines! 

Quote:
Most of them do!

My 11 Second AU Fairlane
364w | 225cc CNC | ---/---@0.050 | Morrison Motorsport ITB Manifold | MoTeC M150 (Engine Control) | PCS TCM-2800 (Trans Control) | 6800rpm Stall | 4R75W
Old 15-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #41
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Oh well dyno will be dynos. Reguardless of readings it was a great day. Seen some beautiful pieces of engineering and listen to sone of the sweetest tunes in the country (ford v8s!!! Lol)
Gotta give it to the holden boys they managed to pull some great numbers but..... We all missed the big ending!!

SMOKEU was put on the dyno and kicked a leg, made a MASSIVE mess. They ended up kicking everyone out due to the mess and apparently they couldnt get it off the dyno? (someone clear that up for us?)

Overall a Great day, i met some increadibly nice club members who so very nicely invited me to sit with them when they seen i was by myself. Thanks guys that was a heart warming guesture. Sorry i didnt say goodbye i had to keave in a hurry. hopefully i'll return with a blower or high comp n/a engine

It was great to meet you XARATE. You really are not that far away, so you should join our club. I am sure that you will be more than welcome.

Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 15-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #42
SIMBAD
RAPID GT-P

I noticed I never hit the rev limiter either and the wheels never lift off the rollers at all.. But hey, I'm not too fussed, a dyno is purely or really used as a tuning tool anyways.. 285rwkw didn't upset me either..
In the end.. Im over here with some friends I haven't seen for a while and they are feeding me beer. :-) win win

Enhanced by BLUEPOWER

Old 16-10-2011, 12:34 AM   #43
NOSXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
What happend??? I left just before they put in on.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #44
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Thanks Marcus. I had a great day. First time ever on the rollers and having no expectations was more than happy! My only gripe - my little 5.0 windsor was in with 5.7 and 3 valve OHC class. Remember pushrods and 2v?

Cheers and thanks again
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 16-10-2011, 01:27 AM   #45
GenTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
Thanks Marcus. I had a great day. First time ever on the rollers and having no expectations was more than happy! My only gripe - my little 5.0 windsor was in with 5.7 and 3 valve OHC class. Remember pushrods and 2v?

Cheers and thanks again
Stu
Sorry mate we already have more classes and prizes than what Summernats do. We just can't get enough trophies and prizes to cater for every different type of engine out there, and since this event has it roots in late model Holden v Ford, it is what it is. Just a friendly reminder that the classes were announced and published a month before the day so that everyone knew the drill. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:34 AM   #46
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Sorry mate we already have more classes and prizes than what Summernats do. We just can't get enough trophies and prizes to cater for every different type of engine out there, and since this event has it roots in late model Holden v Ford, it is what it is. Just a friendly reminder that the classes were announced and published a month before the day so that everyone knew the drill. Thanks for your kind words.
I knew the drill over a month ago when I signed. All good, not a serious gripe, just felt a little outclassed, by a long way. 154 from a 185fwkw 9 year old car is not too shabby. me happy.

Cheers
Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 16-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #47
NOSXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by auIILTD
I knew the drill over a month ago when I signed. All good, not a serious gripe, just felt a little outclassed, by a long way. 154 from a 185fwkw 9 year old car is not too shabby. me happy.

Cheers
Stu
A turbo would fix that problem, or some Nitrous.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #48
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Sorry these came in while I was compiling. It's unfortunate you couldn't stay, but I would take what your informer says from now on with a grain of salt. In fact the complete opposite was actually the case. SMOKEU put on a real show, to the tune of 703rwkw (over 900rwhp). Unfortunately it did put a leg out of bed, but that comes with the territory. After the incident, we specifically said over the microphone for everyone to go all the way down to the dyno, have a look at the car, and inspect the damage. The owner or GenTech were fully accomodating with all those punters who made an effort to stay to the end. Regarding the car getting stuck on the Dyno, not sure how that would happen with an engine failure, when the transmission is in tact? It was simply pushed off the Dyno and will be sleeping over until it gets towed to get a new block for Summernats, hats off to the owner for bringing it out and putting on an awesome show.
Yeah i wasnt sure of the full story only got a few txts with limited info, unfortunatly i had to leave as i had a bit of distance to travel to get home. I would of loved to have stayed and seen it run. Thank for clearing the story up. Just curiousty what did that twin turbo v8 run? The one just outside the door for most of the day?
Old 16-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #49
bmac3
bmac3

Well I am glad that I left early as I seemed to have missed out on some crap .

I was on the rollers first (thanks guys for allowing that) as I had previous commitments .

I was first in my class until Max went on , well done mate .

I had my car tuned in Adeleide by an extreemly respected tuner over 2 years ago and was happy with 324 RWKW .

At last years Gentech day I achieved 353.9 and today 349.3 and having made no adjustments or changes was very happy with with the extra kw .

At the end of the day they are only numbers and I would hate to see what should have been a fun day tarnished by what I have just finished reading .

The only snide remarks should have been in gest , at the event between red and blue followers .

Thanks to the organisers for putting on what should have been a great day .
Old 16-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #50
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac3
Thanks to the organisers for putting on what should have been a great day .
It was a great day bmac3. Big thanks to all of the guys at GenTech for putting this on.

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 16-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #51
GenTech

Quote:
Yeah i wasnt sure of the full story only got a few txts with limited info, unfortunatly i had to leave as i had a bit of distance to travel to get home. I would of loved to have stayed and seen it run. Thank for clearing the story up. Just curiousty what did that twin turbo v8 run? The one just outside the door for most of the day?
Not a problem mate. Happy to tell it how it was. I would have already put up the results and a summary of the day, but well, this happened. The TT V8 Monaro made 541.7rwkw.
Old 16-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #52
GenTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac3
I was on the rollers first (thanks guys for allowing that) as I had previous commitments. Thanks to the organisers for putting on what should have been a great day.
Thanks for your kind comments, and thanks for supporting us even though you had other commitments. PS - It was a great day for the majority!
Old 16-10-2011, 01:57 AM   #53
XARATE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow that that is a very nice number. The engine bay was to die for, it was neat simple and effective.

Is it too early to put my name down for next year? Lol
Old 16-10-2011, 02:01 AM   #54
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSXR
A turbo would fix that problem, or some Nitrous.
Or a stroker! Watch this space. Is it next year yet?

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 16-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #55
GenTech

Probably not since, in the end we actually had to turn away cars that wanted to run, but we just couldn't fit anymore in. So get in early, but not that early. Thanks for your support.
Old 16-10-2011, 02:04 AM   #56
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Marcus,

What was the final number of cars you put on the rollers?

Stu

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Old 16-10-2011, 02:07 AM   #57
GenTech

I am getting the spreadsheet ready to post now with the results. There were 70 cars that hit the dyno today. Which breaks all our previous records.
Old 16-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #58
big.glenn

Congratulations to Marcus, Kit and his team of guys @ Gentech for another great event. Entrant number keep growing each year that got to put a smile on you faces.

My ute was down a little on previous runs but I can live with that.

In my opinion the only thing that counts is the BUM METER if your happy when the loud pedel is pressed down then all is good because you can't feel numbers..

Cheers

Big Glenn

Bluepower / Kenne Bell Supercharger

INTERCOOLED

377 rwkw

Thanks to
Chris @ BLUEPOWER
&
Kit @ GEN-TECH

Member of FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT
Old 16-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #59
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Ain't that ^^^ the truth !
Old 16-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #60
GenTech

Closed Thread