Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 03-01-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Post Club involvement in tsunami relief required

G'day all,

Continuing from a thread on our previous forums, Karl has donated the $50 collected at a recent Victorian E series event as well as a further $50 personal contribution to the Red Cross. This inspired me to also donate $50, though it seems that much more can be achieved with Club input.

I have made a few personal observations on the matter.

Firstly, this is a reminder of how fortunate we are. My worst problem here is a little credit card debt while I import a set of 18" mags from the US. By contrast, Sri Lanka (where I originate) has experienced death and destruction on a massive scale, and a lack of food for survivors.

Furthermore, I realised yesterday that the selfless and generous attitude of members throughout these forums should not be taken for granted. On a non-automotive IRC channel, I read as a few people were variously laughing at video footage of the disaster, cracking jokes over the death statistics, making racial remarks, and arguing passionately about why it is wrong to care about anything involving overseas victims. Being surrounded by the good people of these forums is indeed a far greater privilege than anything material.

Meanwhile, several weeks ago I was starting to contemplate a new and more respectable direction for the Club, involving more in the way of charity cruises and, as a result, more involvement with other automotive Clubs around the country. It is not something I have yet brought up with the committee, but it seems we already have an opportunity to begin.

The link below is to a forum discussion about an upcoming series of events nation-wide for the sake of fundraising for the tsunami relief fund. We will be promoting these events in our forums as details come in, and all members will be e-mailed about the cruises in their various states. I look forward to a big E series turnout.

http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...6&page=1&pp=15

I'll keep everyone posted of developments.

Cheers all!

Jack
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #2
NZ
~~~

If you want to make a donation you can do it over the internet at www.redcross.org.au so get out your plastic fantastic. Donations are tax deductable so you can print the invoice they email you and use it at tax time

Last edited by NZ; 03-01-2005 at 09:02 PM.
NZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Bit of an update. Here are links to the NSW/Qld forums and the Vic/Tas forums where progress is underway at sorting out the details.

NSW/QLD: http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=37

VIC/TAS: http://www.fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=36

Cheers!
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post