Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 30-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #1
Rural 351
1000+ passes

Default QLD drag week

Ive just got back from a great few days and meet up with a few AFF members as we participated in the 1st QLD drag week, there was Garry's XB coupe, Chris in a ZG Fairlane, Brett in a XB GT, and myself in my rusty XA manual coupe, we meet at Toowoomba Friday and had to drive our cars to Warwick to run on the 1/8 Friday arvo, we camped the night and left Saturday for our drive to Willowbank for Saturday arvo racing,
All cars had to run street tyres im not sure of the others times But this was my first runs since fitting a naturally aspirated 408 I built a few years back that had been gathering dust in my shed,
Full street trim, Full exhaust, 98 oct pump gas

Warwick 1/8 ....7.048 at 102.74

Willowbank .....10.664 at 131.24

Had a ball cant wait for the next one cheers Bruce

https://www.facebook.com/DragRacingT...2067110055900/

http://www.cacklingpipes.com/100825_...250810_025.JPG

XA coupe naturally, aspirated Cleveland, full exhaust, 98 oct pump gas, drag radials, Manual trans, 10.664 132 mph

The faster youve gone the worse your attitude
Rural 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 06:19 PM   #2
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 
Default Re: QLD drag week

Great job Bruce. That thing of yours is a weapon. Love that car.

I'm pulling mine down again. Looks like I didn't fix the problem last time. Limped home from Willowbank with it loosing coolant.

My best was 11.2@112.9.
Old 30-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Oops typo 11.2@122.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 30-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
jandj

Rural 351 I was at willow bank, your coupe leaves the line very hard. Are you running top loader mate ? cs123 sorry to hear about your engine mate, I am still impressed how hard your car runs. Especially for a big car, fingers crossed I should be there next Year with my car.
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 30-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj View Post
Rural 351 I was at willow bank, your coupe leaves the line very hard. Are you running top loader mate ? cs123 sorry to hear about your engine mate, I am still impressed how hard your car runs. Especially for a big car, fingers crossed I should be there next Year with my car.
Why didn't you come over and say hello.

Never mind about the engine. Will get it fixed. I suppose this stuff happens when you run them hard.

Really happy with it apart from the little issue of coolant. New valve springs working a treat.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:33 AM   #6
mex351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well done to all involved...stout numbers for street driven cars
mex351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 02-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #7
jandj

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Why didn't you come over and say hello.

Never mind about the engine. Will get it fixed. I suppose this stuff happens when you run them hard.

Really happy with it apart from the little issue of coolant. New valve springs working a treat.
I wasn't there long mate, when are you guys racing next out there?
jandj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandj View Post
I wasn't there long mate, when are you guys racing next out there?
Would have to be the end of Jan at best. I split two cylinder bores and Garry trashed his C6. Both having Christmas rebuilds;)

We will post in the QLD Section when we next go out to a T&T
Old 02-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #9
Rural 351
1000+ passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs123 View Post
Would have to be the end of Jan at best. I split two cylinder bores and Garry trashed his C6. Both having Christmas rebuilds;)

We will post in the QLD Section when we next go out to a T&T
I had my block cryogenically treated no grout and no splits yet, and its pretty highly stressed, might be worth a thought

https://www.facebook.com/DragRacingT...2067110055900/

http://www.cacklingpipes.com/100825_...250810_025.JPG

XA coupe naturally, aspirated Cleveland, full exhaust, 98 oct pump gas, drag radials, Manual trans, 10.664 132 mph

The faster youve gone the worse your attitude
Rural 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #10
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural 351 View Post
I had my block cryogenically treated no grout and no splits yet, and its pretty highly stressed, might be worth a thought
Thats' high tech, never even heard of doing that before. Will have to look into it