Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Exclamation Motorama Holden Brisbane Closing Down 2021.

I would have they would survive. ? If they cannt keep going, what about the smaller Holden dealers.
They do have Ford, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan,Toyota.
"It's with heavy heart that we have to announce the closure of Motorama Holden in 2021. General Motors has retired the Holden brand from Australia, but our customers can be assured that Motorama will honour all warranties and servicing offers."
Old 07-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #2
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Motorama Holden Brisbane Closing Down 2021.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
I would have they would survive. ? If they cannt keep going, what about the smaller Holden dealers.
"It's with heavy heart that we have to announce the closure of Motorama Holden in 2021. General Motors has retired the Holden brand from Australia, but our customers can be assured that Motorama will honour all warranties and servicing offers."
You’re surprised a holden dealer is closing down?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 02:12 PM   #3
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Presumably the main buslness will still operate,but the Holden division will close.They are saying warranty etc will still be honoured.Guess that scenario applies to every other multi franchise outlet.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:

What rock you been under? Holden is closing down Australia Wide. This isnt just Motorama. Its all Holden dealers. Some will remain for parts, servicing and warranty.

Hows that awesome Captiva of yours going?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #5
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I said " I thought they would survive ,the closure."
I know Holden dealers are closing down. Not under a rock.
Captiva has done 85k/kms in 3.7 years. Towed a 1.9 tonne caravan, 39k/kms. Twice towed the van to Perth. 9k/km return trip. Its a Series 3 not a Series 1.
Old 07-03-2020, 04:20 PM   #6
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
As I said " I thought they would survive ,the closure."
I know Holden dealers are closing down. Not under a rock.
Captiva has done 85k/kms in 3.7 years. Towed a 1.9 tonne caravan, 39k/kms. Twice towed the van to Perth. 9k/km return trip. Its a Series 3 not a Series 1.

So is the whole dealership closing? Coz the way I read it is only the Holden is closing. Which was obvious that they would. Can’t see them
Closing with all those other brands still selling cars
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #7
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Giant Cranium. Just the Holden division. They still have Ford, Hyundia, Kia, Nissan and Toyota.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #8
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

No surprises at all... Motorama Holden Moorooka is where I purchased my SSV Redline from... Id say the Showroom will probably just be absorbed by either Used cars or another brand.. At Moorooka they already Have Toyota, Holden (for now), Kia, Mitsubishi, Ford and Jeep...

Hers: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
Hers on Order: MY24 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
His Daily: 2023 Hyundai Tuscon Elite N-Line in Crimson Red
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 05:56 PM   #9
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Giant Cranium. Just the Holden division. They still have Ford, Hyundia, Kia, Nissan and Toyota.
well im really wondering why you are surprised they are shutting down then.

you expected them to stay open as holden without being able to sell holdens?
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #10
4stanger
Powered By EcoBoost

Question Re: Motorama Holden Brisbane Closing Down 2021.

Quote:
So csv8, what will happen to our local Rocky holden dealer?
A Large regional dealership that was set up early 80s when they were selling quite a few holdens back then, to service & sell to about 100,000 population (Rocky, Cap coast and surrounding area), now a multi franchise selling holden (soon to be gone), hsv (unknown future, not a massive seller) + Suzuki (don't see too many of them being sold to fill the void), they currently have no other brand to service & sell.

Next nearest holden dealership is Gladstone just over an hour away, multi franchise with mazda and mitsubishi

They could end up being just another empty building in the Rocky business area.
Too much of that has been happening here in recent years
4stanger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #11
SpoolMan
Solution Was Boost 4?, 6 & 8

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF events and sponsorship. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Everything you do to help this place run smoothly! Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The awesome Technical and Service how to's in the FPV /XR6 /G6ET turbo threads..  and his own build threads that inspire people to have a go... enabling people to save money and realise the dream of working on their own cars as well. 

Mantello Holden Roxburgh Park, have a big flashing LED sign outside there dealership saying, Kia, Citreon and Renault coming soon..

AUTOTECH TUNED EDELEBROCK CHARGED
2017 GT Mustang Plenty of RWKW
SpoolMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 08:41 PM   #12
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Obviously the multi franchise dealer groups will keep their personnel and do Holden services for customers,
Holden franchise will be replaced by one of the top five brands and fill in whatever one is missing.
I'd imagine sole franchise Holden dealers will change to other brands but keep Holden trained service techs.

Multi franchising and dealer groups are the way of things now, gives them strength that sole franchisees never had.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:03 PM   #13
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
Multi franchising and dealer groups are the way of things now, gives them strength that sole franchisees never had.
It's been that way in Country town around here for quite a while now.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:12 AM   #14
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

4stanger. It will be interesting to see what happens to Lawrences. As you would know, the other dealers in Rocky are multi-franchises. Except Mazda .dealer. Not many brands left that could have high sales. Skoda ? Audi or BMW wouldnt be big sellers.
If Opel return? It will be interesting to see what happens at Lawrences.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:55 AM   #15
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stanger View Post
So csv8, what will happen to our local Rocky holden dealer?
A Large regional dealership that was set up early 80s when they were selling quite a few holdens back then,
Lawrence Motors were there way before the 80's 4stanger. Earliest I can remember them is Dad buying a brand spanking new Chevy Impala from Lawrence Motors in 1967. I think they've been there since the 1920's.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2020, 07:21 AM   #16
4stanger