Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 09-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #1
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Default RHS indicators not working

HI all
The RHS indicators on my TX5 are not working. The LHS flashes as normal

The relay has a rapid clicking sound

I checked and have replaced all 3 bulbs (side, rear & front) which didn't resolve the issue. The fuse is OK , otherwise the LHS wouldn't work

Any suggestion on my next steps

thanks
in advance
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: RHS indicators not working

Hi. Try operating the hazard switch a few times to clean the switch contacts. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-11-2015, 09:08 PM   #3
GTP-814
love the quad cams

Hi Foxtrot3

I tried that and the LHS indicators work but not the right.
I'm wondering if it could be a switch ion the indicator stalk?
GTP-814 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #4
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 

Hi. Doubt its the stalk as it does something when you use it. only other thing I can think of is a short somewhere. Does it have a trailer plug or has any work been done on it lately (new stereo or speakers, the refitting of trims with screws instead of clips or any accident damage. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #5
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

I'm thinking it's the flasher relay (if it has one).
Old 09-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #6
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
I'm thinking it's the flasher relay (if it has one).
Hi. Quite a possibility as they, like mazdas, had a funny 2 way flasher that did left and right using different signals in to it to get different feed to the lights but in 20 years I never sold one or saw a faulty one. I was saving this for last response before saying take it to a sparky. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL