Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 08-07-2014, 06:50 PM   #31
ope126
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Are Mondeos any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT014 View Post
Just a quickie for owners, what is the air cond like in the mondeo's? That's the one thing I can't fault with ford falcons, as they are iced cool in our hot summers in vic.
I think you will find the A/C not as cool as some. I leave it on 21 degrees, however on most other cars I leave it on 24 degrees. Still cold though...
Here is a link with some of my findings; http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11350208
Old 08-07-2014, 07:05 PM   #32
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT014 View Post
Just a quickie for owners, what is the air cond like in the mondeo's? That's the one thing I can't fault with ford falcons, as they are iced cool in our hot summers in vic.
The A/C in the Mondeo is not very good, miles off the performance of local Fords. Our Titanium takes ages to cool down.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #33
b2428

My air con sucks well my thoughts anyway. Had a ba was always freezing cold just like I like it. With the mondeo it's more like a cool breeze. Mind you in Europe their demands are totally different. So makes sense.

2010 Triton GLX-R Dual Cab. So good to be back in a manual.

2008 MA TDCI MONDEO, recently became somebody elses problem haha.

1988 EA Fairmont Monza Red 3.9L CFI - the project beast. On hold for now.

2013 Nissan Pulsar ST-L - The better halfs car
b2428 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #34
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does the ecoboost motor require PULP only or can it also use E10?
Old 09-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #35
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The A/C in the Mondeo is not very good, miles off the performance of local Fords. Our Titanium takes ages to cool down.
Comment seconded wrt MB XR5 - barely adequate for Oz inland summer temps.
I believe the MC aircon performance was improved (based on comments on this forum).
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #36
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morexbs View Post
Does the ecoboost motor require PULP only or can it also use E10?
The manual states Premium 95ron should be used, but 91ron regular can be used but with increased noise, lower performance and higher fuel consumption.

Use premium
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2014, 05:03 PM   #37
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
nope, the only dimension that mondeo is bigger than falcon is front legroom, and given most wouldn't have the seat at its maximum distance, this is probably not that relevant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanD
But, when I drove the XR6 I could not get over how intrusive the transmission tunnel/console was in comparison with the Mondeo, so my comment regarding space was somewhat subjective, summing the legroom in the two cars gives the Mondeo an edge, and many tall drivers have commented how the extra front legroom is advantageous - not so much a concern for me, but with the seats in my driving position, the rear legroom is very generous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
or me, and i'm 6'2. i like mondeo's, but they aren't roomier than a falcon, even if they 'feel' like they are.
I'm 6'4", I've owned 2 BF's (ute and Sedan), a BA XR6t and I currently own a MB Mondeo Zetec... I can categorically tell you that the Mondeo is much, much roomier inside than the Falcons are... The reason is simple: no transmission tunnel... It may not have more space by the ruler, but it definitely has more actual space inside the cabin... Not even mentioning the massive difference the hatch makes to boot space...

Mondeos are fantastic cars, I love my diesel Zetec... ~$100 to fill her up, and that will do me for 1100km... Insurance is cheaper too...

Power wise, the TDCi is comparable to a NA Falcon, and apart from the obvious, it's not even that noticeable most of the time... There's plenty of torque whenever you need to overtake, only time I miss the XR6t is taking off from the line...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2014, 05:49 PM   #38
sleek7

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanv6gt View Post
Comment seconded wrt MB XR5 - barely adequate for Oz inland summer temps.
I believe the MC aircon performance was improved (based on comments on this forum).
+3 to this. My BF kills my MB in the air con department, even when set to maximum cold setting, the air that comes out is cool whereas the air coming from the falcon is cold. I cant speak for the MC though.
sleek7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #39
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek7 View Post
+3 to this. My BF kills my MB in the air con department, even when set to maximum cold setting, the air that comes out is cool whereas the air coming from the falcon is cold. I cant speak for the MC though.
Sounds like you need to get your AC regassed... Mine is fantastic, never have to put it below 20 degrees...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #40
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

5tumpy - I thought exactly the same. Raised it as an issue at the 3000km peace of mind warranty service. Local Ford dealer said "within temperature range"....sure don't feel like 6deg output on a hot day - barely adequate on full blast.
The previous vehicle (2003 Subaru Outback) coped with the 40+deg heatwave that caused the 300,000 people in Geelong (incl us !!) to be without power (Jan 2010 iirc). Mondeo MB XR5 would have slow roasted the passengers in that temp.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #41
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleek7 View Post
I can confirm that the AC in the MC is great and certainly close to par with the FG Falcon I drive at work.

Cheers
Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 AM   #42
Ros5co
Zetec MC Hatch TDCi

Iv'e had my MC for two summers now, the first one I definitely noticed a difference coming from an AU Fairmont. The Mondy certainly wasn't on par with the locally built vehicle.
Last summer however the unit appeared to perform much better. Don't know if the guys re gassed at one of the services or did some adjustment however it worked a lot better.

One thing I do now though that seems to help is, as I'm approaching the vehicle I lower all the windows using the unlock button. By the time I get in, put my belt on & start her up the hottest of the air has escaped. As I drive off I raise the windows & the air conditioner works quite quickly & cools the interior with no problem.

Off to my 45,000 klms service tomorrow. Hope all checks out OK.
Ros5co is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #43
MondyMondy
Starter Motor

I've had my Mondeo MC TDCI ZETEC Wagon now for just over 3 years with 45K on the clock. I have thoroughly enjoyed driving it every day. (Combination of city/freeway driving.)
I bought it based on the following criteria:

1. Space: needed a wagon to cart a rather large golden retriever around in the back.

2. Diesel: wanted the economy as was intending a longer commute.

3. Auto transmission: for the wife

End of 2010 when I was looking, Mazda’s diesel wagon was manual only. The only other diesel wagon option in my price range was the Passat.
Test drove both the Passat and the Mondeo and just liked the feel of the Mondeo on the road better than the Passat.

I still enjoy driving it 3 years on. It’s been almost fault free apart from a dodgy ambient temperature sensor.

As for the turbo/lag that some find bothersome – it doesn’t cause me any issues in my day to day driving. With controlled, progressive accelerator application, it behaves predictably and well enough to give me all the pick-up I need.

Would I buy again?
It would be on my shortlist.....
MondyMondy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 20-08-2014, 09:41 PM   #44
SpartanMcDoodle
Starter Motor

What issues has there been with the tdci powershift trannys?
SpartanMcDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #45
cyclone1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMcDoodle View Post
None in mine so far other than a software update. Mine's only 12 months old so may be too early to tell.
Old 24-08-2014, 11:10 AM   #46
MondyMondy
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMcDoodle View Post

3 years on and no issues with the powershift in my TDCi
MondyMondy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #47
Morexbs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well,I bought one and I'm very happy with it.
Late 2012 Zetec Ecoboost with 30000kms from Brisbane Motor Auctions for $15100 with 10 months rego and plenty of warranty left.
I filled it up 2 weeks ago and still haven't emptied the tank yet.In my FG XR6 it was at least 2 tanks a week.Everything works as it should and my only regret is not buying one earlier.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:02 PM   #48
Binny

Good stuff. Welcome to the Mondeo family.
Binny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post